StarVault has soft banned Regional Australians / Kiwi's from the game

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Reactions: CherryKush

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
It has the power to reveal lies others would like hidden :)

But according to those people they arent "lying"... they are just being misquoted do to English not being his first language. And he is translating from Ancient Swedish to English.

Reactions: Gnidex

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
But according to those people they arent "lying"... they are just being misquoted do to English not being his first language. And he is translating from Ancient Swedish to English.
It's never that person's fault. No matter what happens, it's "shitters" on reddit that are to blame or perhaps the overly negative people in discord.

But look: Ships!

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
It's never that person's fault. No matter what happens, it's "shitters" on reddit that are to blame or perhaps the overly negative people in discord.

But look: Ships!

Yep ships... never mind the massive waterfall that bisects the ocean.

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
If you cant afford 5 fucking dollars a month for exitlag you shouldnt be playing video games my man. That is the HARSH truth.

Reactions: Bigbadwolff

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
If you cant afford 5 fucking dollars a month for exitlag you shouldnt be playing video games my man. That is the HARSH truth.
Why pay extra to remedy the idiotic decision to host the server in the EU when 80% of their playerbase is from the US.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Why pay extra to remedy the idiotic decision to host the server in the EU when 80% of their playerbase is from the US.
If you're from the US then you definitely should be using exitlag regardless if you're playing MO or not. It fixes or at least makes the routing issues a lot better. Going west to east or east to west USA, the ISP routing will have you go 4-6x the distance because of terrible connection routing. Exitlag and similar vpn programs help a crap ton.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
32% of people watching my videos are from the US. Therefore I highly doubt that the 80% number is correct.

Mee too. The maximum in the steam charts is every day in the European evening at about 9 p.m. and not later in the European night during US evening.

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
Gurl please, this is getting old but considering most of the US measure things using anything but the metric system (washing machines, twin beds, even fridges...) I don't expect you to know how to read a chart.

80% of the playerbase IS NOT from US, majority of players are from EU.

Servers have to be where the majority of players are to benefit the playerbase the most, now this doesn't mean they shouldn't cater to the minority as well but I believe the issues with this would have to be current EU regulations and publishing by Starvault I guess.

Reactions: Xunila

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

sent from the SOLID OAK table cerq sets his mouse on.

Honestly, I was dubious about exitlag, but wew. I feel like SV should have a non euro sub package where you get sub + exit lag or something similar. It's too bad things can't work that way in reality, but yea... DL'd exitlag, logged into Mortal... it estimated my ping would be 100, on resource it says it's 40 (?? must be something to do w/ route waypoints?) Regardless HOLY FUCKING SHIT. You can tell even shooting mobs that it's completely different. Even walking and turning the camera.

That being said, I dunno... if I agree with the premise, but, it does seem like if you are going to invest your time in MO, you should get it for the sake of YOUR SANITY. It's like buying essential p2w shit in f2p games... if you're gonna play, you might as well put the 100 bucks or w/e in.

But yes, if I get over my MO fit, I will def be factoring in exit lag to my 'cost of playing.' I always felt 100~ was 'good enough,' but I'm not a fps player. It seems crazy smooth tho. Like I said, I am surprised at how well it works. Maybe I am extremely lucky. Maybe somehow my ping really is 40 altho that makes NO SENSE. I don't think I could ping GB in 40 even with a direct line.

Either way, like people told me... free, try it, and it's like yea ok it's gonna be that much better, k. Prol just a minimal improvement... but no. Def worth it for Americans who are pulling out their hair. Not saying there aren't gonna be many better latency people, but it does make the game way more playable.

YALL DOODS KEEP CHEATING; I'LL USE EXIT LAG :eek:

Murder

Dec 13, 2022
Gurl please, this is getting old but considering most of the US measure things using anything but the metric system (washing machines, twin beds, even fridges...) I don't expect you to know how to read a chart.

80% of the playerbase IS NOT from US, majority of players are from EU.

Servers have to be where the majority of players are to benefit the playerbase the most, now this doesn't mean they shouldn't cater to the minority as well but I believe the issues with this would have to be current EU regulations and publishing by Starvault I guess.
Of course the majority of the playerbase is EU, most of the NA playerbase quit after steam release when they found out there was only 1 server hosted in EU. If you wanted the true metrics of the potential NA playerbase you should look at steam release, not the game as it is right now.

Everyone in this thread wanting the server to remain EU are of course EU players that want to keep stomping on high ping players without much competition, when theres a 50% chance that your counter attacks hit through my blocks the advantage is pretty massive.

But dont worry this game will soon be dead just like MO1 and it wont matter where the server is located

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
Of course the majority of the playerbase is EU, most of the NA playerbase quit after steam release when they found out there was only 1 server hosted in EU. If you wanted the true metrics of the potential NA playerbase you should look at steam release, not the game as it is right now.

Everyone in this thread wanting the server to remain EU are of course EU players that want to keep stomping on high ping players without much competition, when theres a 50% chance that your counter attacks hit through my blocks the advantage is pretty massive.

But dont worry this game will soon be dead just like MO1 and it wont matter where the server is located
I'm sorry, not everything is about the US. As much as I would like for everyone to have low ping the deal is that SV is an European studio and the majority of players are from EU so you will have to deal with it somehow. *shrug*

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Hopefully SV has a greenland contract lined up for when their server contracts need renewal. Waiting list is anywhere between 5 and 10 years anyway.

• Haha
Reactions: Gnidex

Silenko

Jun 18, 2020
Benidorm. Spain
These forums are full of people like you, they complain about the game in every post and talk about how the game is going to be dead soon. Why wasting your time here? Just delete your account, stop posting and stop playing.

Use your time for something worthy.

Murder

Dec 13, 2022
I'm sorry, not everything is about the US. As much as I would like for everyone to have low ping the deal is that SV is an European studio and the majority of players are from EU so you will have to deal with it somehow. *shrug*
Dont worry I already dealt with it by uninstalling the game.

These forums are full of people like you, they complain about the game in every post and talk about how the game is going to be dead soon. Why wasting your time here? Just delete your account, stop posting and stop playing.

What I do with my time is none of your business. Maybe Im just a good samaritan that enjoys helping people not make the same mistake of wasting their time on this game if they arent EU.

I hope theres enough EU players to fill the 100k cap of the server and all the new continents, cheers!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

haha, I mean, most things people say aren't wrong, it's just about whether it's acceptable. Plus, people have normal ups and downs. It's like having a toddler or something, some days you're like AUGH.

Truth is: MO is... kinda a trashy game. It's at least janky. SV is... kinda a trashy company. They are at least a little to blame for many of MOs problems. You can refer to my other essays for more info (assuming I didn't delete them haha.)

That being said! I am floored by how the game plays at 100 ping. It's still MO. I can't imagine how it plays for dudes who are sitting on the server, but even at 100 steady, it's amazingly playable. Even with ALL ITS FLAWS... it litely makes me wanna go on a dunking rampage. To lose 50-60 ping. I wish all of the people who ever played MO could experience the game at 100~ ping because, tho other people have more advantageous ping, it's definitely at no excuses level (at least IMO, you can use SOME level of intuition in pvp. Yea, it's a disadvantage, but it's p not why you lost.)

Still, man... lol. It's extremely aggravating to watch the game, which has many problems that never will be fixed, problems veteran players can accept or at least just baby rage over occasionally, go down a failpath due to factors that you'd think could be controlled.

MO1 had underrated longevity imo, even tho it was small pop, it worked. MO2 has a long way to go, not even sub yet. A lot of bargain bin population. I was subbing 2 accts plus the occasional friendsub in MO1.

They smoothed out a lot, but MO2, in comparison to MO1 content, considering this is probably something that has been dev'd for years + has been out 1 year... is A FUCKING JOKE. There's no way around it. Yeah, nothing is like MO. Yeah, it's kinda like MO1. "Potentially" it could be better. But right now we are one year into a game that was supposed to be released like last october w/ sub w/ content that still isn't in the game.

Almost all of the awesome pve content like lock picking, scribing, breeding, cooking... has been streamlined. It is like a soul-less remaster. If it's enough for you, that's cool. But in the same way you say use you time for something worthy, you have to understand the people who have put in hours in this and MO1 get that "why am I using my time on this" feeling.

Right now, freegam, tho, might as well play. - shrug - Just take it for what it is. It's when you start wanting it to be GOOD or COMPETITIVE that the rage starts building. Trust me, I've done plenty of running around and picking flowers. It's more fun than you would think. Does, however, lose its luster eventually. sadface.