Stamina needs a massive buff

cerqo

Mar 17, 2021
This has been said by everyone 5 billion times.

Nobody likes the shit 0 stam gameplay, how are we moving in the complete opposite direction again?

Locke

Oct 30, 2022
They should try to switch from the slow deplete / slow regen stamina system to a fast deplete / fast regen one to see if it could be better. It worked very well in Life is Feudal for example.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I agree w/ stam getting a pool buff IF armor weight separates the regen more. Bigger pool = more percentage separation. Just enough to make it matter. THEN you have to make it so that at a certain point your stam regen changes. Not due to damage (tho supposedly that's a thing, too?) but due to the fact your stam is low, so that if you mis-manage your stam, you set yourself up to either have to wait it out, or be on a fast path to 0 which, once again, I want a hard lock stam out animation... an almost DEAD or at least get hit by 3 people in a battle sorta animation. Then yeah boost stam to make game play more skilled. Sick and tired of seeing people stam out and live tho. I'm sorry. lol Yes, I can be a bad melee pvper and get disgusted by watching people NOT DIE when they died in MO1.

@Locke, the pool is still kinda a problem though. It could all be adjusted, but a larger pool allows for more separations. More changes in action costs, etc.

Unrelatedly, isn't it weird how if you pull your wep it draws stam, but then if you run with your wep drawn it makes your stam fall fast unless you are using a really light wep. It doesn't affect your stam when you are running around with a wep and shield tho haha. What is it about holding a swing that makes you lose stam? I think I might be fine if you only got stam loss on the initial draw and swing, but WHO KNOWS. I can see holding a bow, kinda.

Almost seems like EQ weight (total, shield + wep + armor) should factor into stam loss on movement. Maybe SV has the wrong idea by making it regen penalty instead of a hard gear degen. Then you don't have to worry about whether you are stamming while holding your wep haha.

To be honest, when you think hard about all the mechanics SV has put into their melee combat, it's pretty weird. Quick strike counter hit, counter reduce, Gotta hold your wep, maybe feint, end up taking a swing and losing a bunch of stam, and all dude has to do is ONE PARRY and one counter hit for much less stam. EHHH.

Last edited:

Royboy13

Jul 28, 2022
1 MILLION percent yes. Imagine if mages couldn't move if their mana ran out. People would lose their shit. I think sprinting should cost less stamina for everyone that way nobody complains.