SpellScribe Crafting Profession for spells

dankykang

Apr 10, 2021
Are there plans for a SpellScribe profession in MO2? The idea of it will be to scribe spells much the same way bow crafting or armor crafting is done such that a spell can be customized/optimized for a specific player depending on their play style and attributes. For example, fulminate (or any spell) can be scribed into a scroll that does much less damage, costs much less mana, but cast much quicker (whatever parameter tuning makes sense for the spell). Those scrolls can be added to a spellbook. I feel like that could be a fun profession and fit within the theme of the crafting complexity this game offers. Of course, I'm just a rando on the internet who likes the game but I am curious what criticisms this idea may have. Thanks for reading this far!

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Are there plans for a SpellScribe profession in MO2? The idea of it will be to scribe spells much the same way bow crafting or armor crafting is done such that a spell can be customized/optimized for a specific player depending on their play style and attributes. For example, fulminate (or any spell) can be scribed into a scroll that does much less damage, costs much less mana, but cast much quicker (whatever parameter tuning makes sense for the spell). Those scrolls can be added to a spellbook. I feel like that could be a fun profession and fit within the theme of the crafting complexity this game offers. Of course, I'm just a rando on the internet who likes the game but I am curious what criticisms this idea may have. Thanks for reading this far!

TBH, this sounds pretty good so long as adjusting the values of Damage, Mana Cost, Speed of cast, Mats requirements etc. are all tied to one another. E.g. increasing damage will always increase mana cost or decreasing speed of cast will always decrease damage etc.

Great idea!

Reactions: dankykang

dankykang

Apr 10, 2021
TBH, this sounds pretty good so long as adjusting the values of Damage, Mana Cost, Speed of cast, Mats requirements etc. are all tied to one another. E.g. increasing damage will always increase mana cost or decreasing speed of cast will always decrease damage etc.

Great idea!
Yeah, that is how I envision it. Much like increasing the range of a bow typically means increasing the str req. I feel like that could be a fun addition to the game that bolsters the magic side of crafting.