Some data on queue position and rates

gavroche3

Apr 27, 2021
So I'm assuming the top of the blue bar is essentially how far you'd moved down the queue at each time point (suggesting that the people in front of you got into Myrland).

Correct, so this is a generous interpretation of how many people are in Myrland. You can have some people leaving during this time, but I doubt people waited in queue to log in, and with less than an hour of play logged out.

You said you logged into the queue again at the end to get the total queue size, but that would only be the queue point at that final point correct (yet you extrapole a queue size to the other time points as well).

Correct, the top of the queue is only accurate at the endpoint. In truth every bar but the last one should be a mix of yellow/red. Though, given that the total population didn't change over this time period, it's probably better to assume a trickle of yellow into red overtime. Sadly I just didn't think of collecting top of the queue until the end.

And your "remainder" is I'm assuming the difference of the queue + your Myrland number subtracted from the total players as reported by Steam?

Right.

I guess I'm just not sure how you can have a reliable # for the # of people in Myrland, even if you know the queue size when you queued and how much it's going down. There were likely people who got into Myrland before you queued, and there are people leaving Myrland while you're queuing even as your queue number goes down (or as you're saying, people leaving queue also triggers your queue going down, and they didn't enter Myrland).

Yep, 100%. Although I will say that I queued immediately as the server was up. I was in queue since the begining of the queue. In fact, I was in queue right before the Myrland server crashed, and waited for the queue to pop back online. It's unlikely that there were people in Myrland before I got in the queue, especially since the queue didn't start moving until after a few minutes, suggesting the server kept track of login order for a few minutes before actually funneling ppl into the game.

It's true that the Myrland number is just my progress in the queue, which might be due to people leaving the queue from spots ahead of me. Though, I'll say that most of the movement happened in the first hour, so any queue leavers ahead of me would have waited quite a bit to get in the queue with it going at a pretty fast rate (45 spots/min) and then decided to leave nonetheless.

To be clear, I'm not saying these are the numbers, it's just that we've been kept in the dark as to what the actual cap was, and I felt like some data (albeit not perfect) was better than wild guesses, so I collected what was available to me, and shared with others in case they find it useful.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

gavroche3

Apr 27, 2021
You're completely right. It appears after this morning's "optimizations" they cut it down to 2/3, from ~2330 to ~1550... Really really sad.

Probably, I was asleep during the server restart and didn't collect anything.