Small Stutter/Fps drop

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
Hi all,
I have an decent PC with the usual Ryzen 5 5800x and 3060TI.
I've been messing around with all the possible settings in the game and outside(Nvidia Panel) and i cannot for the love of god get rid of a small stutter that happens in my game.
This does not happen on other games and also this rig is totally new/fresh install so no corrupt either on RAM,CPU,GPU and disks since ive tried installing on both disks.

Doesnt matter where i am , if i have 70 fps or 150 fps that little stutter(less than 0.5ms i would say) happens.
Its not something that happens all the time but it can happen now then in 30s it happens and then after 10s..totally random for what i see.
Anyone experiencing this issue and know what can i do to get rid of it?
Ive tried all possible settings..all cinematic..all low..capped FPS(144hz , 1440p 27 with Gsync monitor)..

Ive only had the latest drivers from Nvidia. Could this be duo to the drivers and some old ones solve this issue?
Every performance setting on my PC is on and like i said , i dont see this happening anywhere beside MO2

Jandles

Feb 14, 2022
I can't say much for others, but I also get these regardless of settings, I will say its much less with shadows and foliage set to low, running ryzen 2700 w/1080ti, tried dx11 and dx12, and I'm running on a m.2 SSD so I don't know what the issue is, performance all around needs a fix

ShadowPete

Mar 18, 2021
I lowered draw distance to 100 and helped the stutters a bit.

No other setting option affect the stutters...I can have options set in cinematic or in low and nothing.

However I do have 8gb ram wish is too low for the game, so that could be why my problem. The min requirement is 16 gb i think,

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
This has been a feature of MO1 and MO2 for as long as I can remember. I've always believed it was loading lag resulting from the way the UE4 engine loads assets into memory. This fits in with the behaviour of the bug - it is worse when you go into a new area for the first time, and then gradually settles down, suggesting that the new data is being cached. It is also worse when you go into a busy area, or one with lots of new items.

So much for my theory about it. Other people claim that the solution is in the settings, and by playing around with DX11/DX12, drivers and in game settings, you can improve or get rid of it. Good luck with it.

Waam

Aug 24, 2021
HDD? SSD? Amount of RAM? The stuttering is from loading assets as you travel across nodes. It's been greatly improved, but it's still noticeable.

Ladupes

Jan 30, 2022
I have 32GB RAM and game installed on M2 SSD so def not requirement issue.
This only happens in this game.
Its really annoying mainly as MA where this stutter really affects aiming at stuff lol.

Any settings outside game that can help this? DX11/12 doesnt seem much improve.
Also DLSS is turned off which seems to kinda help it

Operatar

Feb 18, 2022
And the game runs without any stutter? For example tindrem is a mess..one point im riding with 144fps then drops to 50 just to grt back to 144 lol
No it doesn't stop all stuttering. Like other said, riding and in city's. But it did seem to help me with 10 to 30s random stutter in other areas

Sigilanda

Jan 13, 2023
Any solution to this already?
I have RTX 3060 and 32 GB ram (with i5-9400F) and still get lags, micro stutters and massive fps drops every 15-30 seconds while roaming open world. If i stay on single location (like scoundrel camp) is ok. Solid 60 FPS even on high or cinematic graphic. But when i move or ride a horse i could have lowest graphic and still it just stutters a lot or even freezes.
I have fps drops in cities. But it's normal, lot of players etc. But why in the wild? Is there any solution? Tried Dx11 with dlls off and for me it's the same like dx12 with dlss on ultra quality.
Drawing distance also doesn't matter in my case. V-syn is on only because with off i have also light related glitches.

Last edited:

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I have RTX 3060 and 32 GB ram (with i5-9400F) and still get lags, micro stutters and massive fps drops every 15-30 seconds while roaming open world. If i stay on single location (like scoundrel camp) is ok. Solid 60 FPS even on high or cinematic graphic. But when i move or ride a horse i could have lowest graphic and still it just stutters a lot or even freezes.
I have fps drops in cities. But it's normal, lot of players etc. But why in the wild? Is there any solution? Tried Dx11 with dlls off and for me it's the same like dx12 with dlss on ultra quality.
Drawing distance also doesn't matter in my case. V-syn is on only because with off i have also light related glitches.
Well according to Henrik he doesnt lag at all on his real PC, everything is perfectly optimized, but uses an old PC for streaming because he forgot how to turn the other one on or something.

So you might want to upgrade your toaster or buy Henriks PC

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
You can play around with settings and maybe make it a bit better (or worse), but as I said in my earlier reply, it's always been present in MO regardless of settings or client specification. The only permanent fix will (hopefully) be later this year when MO upgrades to UE5.

Sigilanda

Jan 13, 2023
You can play around with settings and maybe make it a bit better (or worse), but as I said in my earlier reply, it's always been present in MO regardless of settings or client specification. The only permanent fix will (hopefully) be later this year when MO upgrades to UE5.

The funniest thing is - I spend 3 hours to try every setting in the game. And the best performance for me is with DX12, cinematic quality graphic with dlls on ultra quality. So maxed out. Everything lower have less fps and longer freeze time.

But it still lags and stutters anyway, so i'll just wait for this UE5 update.

If it were graphic related - it should gone when setting all to lowest. So yea, it's the game.

Thanks!

Contorto

Feb 18, 2022
Never had stuttering issue my self when I used a 1660 TI graphic card with a I7 10k series CPU, some loading lag when crossing node lines yes but never stutters outside of crossing a node line. Now I have a 3080 TI graphic card with AMD Ryzen 7 5800X CPU and now I don't even have loading stutters on node lines anymore.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Never had stuttering issue my self when I used a 1660 TI graphic card with a I7 10k series CPU, some loading lag when crossing node lines yes but never stutters outside of crossing a node line. Now I have a 3080 TI graphic card with AMD Ryzen 7 5800X CPU and now I don't even have loading stutters on node lines anymore.
See this guy bought Henriks PC, lag/stutter doesnt exist in Mortal Online it has been normalized

muscallu

Jan 25, 2022
I also have the stuttering issue playing on GeforceNow premium, tried all possible settings but always same result.

Backpackface

Jul 18, 2021
This is so bad, I made this forum account to just complain. What are these guys doing? What world do they live in where they think they can just develop games that run terrible and it's somehow acceptable? I don't get it. What's it going to take to penetrate Henricks head and make him realize that having a game perform properly isn't a recommendation, it's a requirement.

I guess it's a recommendation if you want a small little baby game that bleeds your bank account. But if you want to be successful, you need to have some standards.

Last edited:

Xyndius

Jan 27, 2022
Wasn’t these stutters related to level streaming which is supposed to be better in UE5? I have a nice rig and also have these stutters. I have yet to test if it’s better on an Ethernet cable instead of a WiFi connection 🤔