Slarti Bartfast Presently

Slarti Bartfast

Mar 6, 2022
Slarti rode into the Colored Forest after hearing of some good fishing. He came upon a village around a lake with signs denoting it belonged to CrimsonBeasts.

Sure hope they're friendly.

He pulled around by a house where he ran into an old companion, Guymov, who had now joined the CrimsonBeasts by the look of it. "Good to see you!" said Slarti. "Here's some beer." This was how Slarti usually did things.

Guymov returned the greeting followed by an update, "A new guild, a location, a new adventure."

"Welp... it's really nice here. Mind if I do some fishing?" asked Slarti. Guymov nodded in approval. "Thanks!" said Slarti and proceeded to fish the day away in the lake. As the sun neared the top of the sky, Slarti heard some weapons being unsheathed inside the fishing house behind him where he'd left his horse and cougar. He wandered around and into the house to find two more members of CrimsonBeasts, Qnulss and Luluptitepu they identified themselves as Slarti shared his name and reason for being there.

At first they seemed friendly, but Slarti had difficulty understanding them due to a language barrier and accents. Then, without warning, Qnulss drew his sword and begin hacking at Slarti. Luluptitepu slammed the door shut and they both beat Slarti to a bloody pulp followed by horse and cougar. Slarti rezzed at the nearby priest and walked back to where he had been murdered as the two stepped out of the house and met a third in another. Slarti stormed in hollering about how he'd shown nothing but kindness and had been granted permission by an old friend their ranks when they again slaughtered him without an reservation. This happened once more and then Slarti could no longer use the priest in that area. Dismayed, he floated back to Meduli in spirit form and sucked in the air.

"Last time I give any CrimsonBeasts free beer. Guymov's new guild are sure mean."

Reactions: Amadman

Slarti Bartfast

Mar 6, 2022
After a few moments in Meduli and getting his armor back in order, Slarti his heard his name being called. It was Qnuss! "Slarti. Yeah. That is a guild spot. It it not for others to fish." he said flatly but firmly.

"Understood," said Slarti. "I won't be by anymore."

"Well then... good luck to you," said Qnuss.

"Aye... and good luck to you," said Slarti.

At least he was polite I suppose. Still, there was a chance for beer to flow through the Colored Forest and into their town, but they have chosen selfishness and xenophobia. Must've been something pricey in that lake that I don' t know about or how to even fish out. Slarti chuckled to himself. Who knew that fishing the endless bounty of Myrland's lakes and rivers could get you killed. Back to Meduli.

Slarti Bartfast

Mar 6, 2022
Slarti stopped by the post after he grabbed some new bags and magic reagents. The postperson handed him a single envelope with a message along with several gold for his beer sales. He pocketed the beer sales and ripped open the envelope. It wasn't often that he got correspondence, usually only payment.

Slarti,

The guys who killed you are very sorry, they didn't know about our friendship.

- Guymov

Slarti sat down and pondered.

The short but meaningful condolences of a warrior. So many times in this crazy world of Nave do we find ourselves the victim of circumstance, in this case the circumstance of allies of an ally not knowing I'm an ally. Not the first time it's happened and likely not the last. At least now, I know that I can bring more beer that way and can expect a friendlier reception next time. There's so little time for words in the world of Nave.

Slarti Bartfast

Mar 6, 2022
As Slarti reached the outskirts of Meduli, he breathed a sigh of relief. He was carrying far more beer than normal as Meduli and Vadda had drank absolutely every drop of the last delivery. Halfway through his exhale, a cloud of dust appeared between the houses that he was approaching. Then seven to eight riders in full armor burst through into view.

"Oh shit!" Slarti veered hard left and cracked the reigns hoping that the party would see he was actively trying to avoid confrontation. Alas, this only caused them to break course and veer toward him. Seeing no way around, Slarti pulled tight on the reigns and ordered his horse to stop dead. The riders thundered up to him and then veered around him laughing and chuckling.

"Slarti!" one of them yelled as they passed. It was just a KotO patrol.

Whew... that could have went waaaay worse.

Slarti Bartfast

Mar 6, 2022
Slarti was enjoying a beautiful day fishing in the pond just outside of Tindrem Garden Gate and down the hill. Suddenly, a few flakes of snow began to fall.

What th...? At least it is kinda pretty.

A minute later he couldn't see the end of his rod and found himself in a blizzard.

Sundamned elementalists.

He stashed his fishing pole and returned to his mount to ride back into Tindrem for the evening and fall asleep by a fire.