Skills - Warning List

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
Note: This thread has not been maintained later than October 2022. Some info may be out of date

I often see in help chat things like "I've trained xyz but it doesn't seem to work" and have to reply along the lines of "aah... actually that isn't in game yet". It's a nightmare for new players (and not much better for vets sometimes!) My own knowledge of skills is far from complete, so I thought maybe people could list the skills that they know are not working as intended, or where there is no point training them above a certain level. The format could be:

SKILL NAME
Status = (not in game, not fully functional, bugged, no need to max, etc)
Description
xxxx

I'll start things off...
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Edit 1: Spoilers
There may be skills in game that do actually work, but the way to make them work is not common knowledge. Rather than give away any arcane knowledge, feel free to put in the description section "Working - method is trade secret" or something.
Edit 2: Accuracy
It's impossible to test and check everything, so there may be info here that is inaccurate, incomplete, or has gone out of date. Feel free to ask questions or add comments, that way we can share our knowledge to make this as useful as possible.

Last edited:

Nisse

Jun 17, 2021
Domination - just a bad version of taming right now
Beast influence - I need to test this but didn’t do anything in beta
Kmock down resistance - knockdown doesn’t work
Tapii lore - not ingame
Papyrology - not ingame
Kimurite lore - not ingame afaik
Multiple zoology secondaries - not ingame

Reactions: Camarro DaMortas

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
SKILL NAME = MANAGEMENT
Status = reported as bugged
Description
Several players have reported that even with the skill at 100 they still only have 5 stable slots. Others have reported that the skill will work correctly after a server reset.

Last edited:

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
SKILL NAME = MANAGEMENT
Status = reported as bugged
Description
Several players have reported that even with the skill at 100 they still only have 5 stable slots

Wait for a server reset and peoples management skill should be functioning. So people might not want to drop the skill if they still plan on having it.

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
Wait for a server reset and peoples management skill should be functioning. So people might not want to drop the skill if they still plan on having it.
We've had so many server restarts the past couple of weeks I assume that it should be working for everyone, but I'm still hearing from people having trouble with it. Hopefully someone will open a ticket that gets a definite answer. In the meantime, I have edited the skill warning to include your info so people can make a decision on it.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
SKILL NAME = SWIFT RIDING
Status = bugged
Description
Skill description says "Higher skill slightly increases maximum riding speed and lowers the stamina drain of your mount."
In fact it makes no difference to max speed, even at LVL 100.
It is unclear whether it has any effect on stamina.

Draed

Jan 4, 2022
can confirm swift riding affects neither speed nor stamina, ive specifically tested it with people who have 0 swift riding, no difference.

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
SKILL NAME = HERDING
Status = working
Description
Maximum benefit from Herding is obtained at LVL 91. There is currently (March 2022) nothing to be gained training the skill above this level.

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
SKILL NAME = BOILED LEATHER LORE
Status = not in game
Description
I can't find any evidence that this can be crafted, or even obtained as a drop any more. Prove me wrong and I'll update this :)
(Note: You can put leather and water in a pot and boil it with the cooking skill. You will get a type of boiled leather, but as a food - you can't craft with it. And it tastes disgusting).

Last edited:

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
SKILL NAME = SKIMMING
Status = probably not in game
Description
There is a rumour that the book can be found as a rare drop from a powerful enemy, but I think this is just an adventurer's tall story.

Konrad

Feb 24, 2021
Ireland
Domination - just a bad version of taming right now
Beast influence - I need to test this but didn’t do anything in beta
Kmock down resistance - knockdown doesn’t work
Tapii lore - not ingame
Papyrology - not ingame
Kimurite lore - not ingame afaik
Multiple zoology secondaries - not ingame

knockdown does work, it just doesn't work as intended and we are lacking the animation itself, hence it's not exactly worth investing in as the dismount itself is not as brutal as it meant to be, knockback also works but only with NPCs against player no p v p etc

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
SKILL NAME: Taste Identification
Status: Hidden skill, but one gets a "skill increased to x" message and Alchemy skill up when eating something (which skills Taste Identification)
Skill doesn't work. In MO1 a hight skill decreased the error bar of food and potion attributes. In current state everybody can see all attributes in perfect matter.

mrm1lli

Mar 21, 2022
SKILL NAME = Combat Balance
Status = Doesn't work/cant level after reading.
Description: After reading no way to max or gain exp. overhead strike and knock down not effecting it like in mo1.

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
UPDATED INFO 20 October 2022
SKILL NAME = CONTROLLED AIMING
Status = added to game in Patch 1.0.8.3
Description:
(From patch notes)
  • Stationary aim instability (when standing still) has been added to archery when on foot.
  • Stationary aim instability is now scaled by both Archery and Controlled Aiming skills when on foot. Archery contributes 40% and Controlled Aiming 60% of the total. With maxed skills the instability will be reduced at most by 95%.
  • Movement aim instability is now scaled by both Archery and Controlled Aiming skills. Archery contributes 40% and Controlled Aiming 60% of the total. With maxed skills the movement sway will be reduced at most by 80%. Controlling your movement is now important for a stable aim.

Last edited: