Skill Points

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
How do people manage to become expert weapon and armour crafters and do so many other things with only 1200 points max? I presume it's max, that is. I was about 500-odd points into negative when I figured out what to do about it, I.E. lower some primary skills. (I left myself at 70/1200 for safety and locked all the primaries down)

Does the game eventually give more skill points> I haven't even left Haven yet with my two day-old character yet and there must be tons more skills to pick up?

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
As you mentioned it appears to not be working in beta I also am in negative skill points for professions and seem to be able to continue learning. I am assuming that is in the interest of having people test more things. However yes in the final game you will be limited to the I believe 1200 skill points which will force you to specialize a bit in terms of what you want to do in professions.

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
Yes, you are right, they did it so people can test skills out. They haven't mentioned this to all the new players tough, as some have fount to their cost. It doesn't do it all the time but the game will reduce some random skills to zero and they get the "blocked" message if you try and read the requisite skill book again. This can waste money re-buying a book which doesn't work but...

What you do is see what skill has been borked, then look at the Parent Skill for that particular skill tree and read THAT one again. As soon as you do that all the subskills level up in a few seconds. Phew. Then, go through your primary skills, find what you don't really use, lower the skill manually and then lock it so it doesn't increase any more. You can of course to this at will, any time you fancy changing skillsets in future.

Fyrel

Mar 30, 2021
Are you remembering to claim back the skill points your stats are providing?

If your stats give +10 levels for example the skill will still train up to level 100 but you can delevel it to 90 and still have the skill capped and use the 10 points elsewhere.

Cobblecat

Mar 29, 2021
I'm still getting to grips with the skill point system, but I shall try and do that asap. Thanks for the tip. :)

ulfy

Mar 31, 2021
Are you remembering to claim back the skill points your stats are providing?

If your stats give +10 levels for example the skill will still train up to level 100 but you can delevel it to 90 and still have the skill capped and use the 10 points elsewhere.

So bonus points can't take you above your cap? The idea is to use the bonus to offset it (if you are hitting cap) and use the points elsewhere? I wasn't sure looking @ MortalData how that worked.

Fyrel

Mar 30, 2021
So bonus points can't take you above your cap? The idea is to use the bonus to offset it (if you are hitting cap) and use the points elsewhere? I wasn't sure looking @ MortalData how that worked.

You can't get over 100 in a skill so you need to reclaim the points to use elsewhere.
Forgot to mention but you need to lock the skill once you have reclaimed the skill points or the skill will relearn.

Rakksixx

Apr 2, 2021
Its actually bugged right now from what I was told. The action skill points are working as intended ie....0/1100 means you cant learn anything else. The professions is still bugged though. I am wondering what they are going to do when it is working though for those of us who are way into the negative, They have already said not intending to wipe anything soon, so what stats are going to be rolled back on whatever day it is you log in and see zero's across the board.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Its actually bugged right now from what I was told. The action skill points are working as intended ie....0/1100 means you cant learn anything else. The professions is still bugged though. I am wondering what they are going to do when it is working though for those of us who are way into the negative, They have already said not intending to wipe anything soon, so what stats are going to be rolled back on whatever day it is you log in and see zero's across the board.

Yes, the profession points are bugged. After reading a book my profession point value went down below 0 last night. Maybe for better control you should decrease some primary points manually to get the value of available points up to 0 if you would like to avoid a "random" loss of primary points with the fix.

kafaya1

Mar 25, 2021
has anyone tried getting their profession points back to 100 and locking them if it'll keep them from resetting? I'd guess probably not.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
has anyone tried getting their profession points back to 100 and locking them if it'll keep them from resetting? I'd guess probably not.

Yes, it's working.

Remark: The problem is in the UI. It's impossible to see the current settings.

Last edited:
Reactions: kafaya1