Sidoians of Myrland

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
So, we know that in the New Age of Myrland, Sidoians have overtime grown in power even to places of nobility in Tindrem.

"The Sidoians on the other hand have a few influential families among the Nobilitas, which is perhaps one of the reasons for why it’s not entirely uncommon to encounter Sidoians in all sections of the caste ladder."
I remember in MO1 you would see Tindremene noble NPC's in Tindrem, walking around, with rude dialogue whenever you spoke to them. As the game develops it would be interesting to see some diverse NPC's in Tindrem with dialogue options, sharing information and rumors; even unique characters that offer rare knowledge. For RP purposes it will make the Sidoian Roleplayer feel a bit more welcomed in the capital to see friendly faces for once. Before the Irruption, the only Sidoian NPC's I remember were half naked nomads that would murder you in the Sarduccan jungle, those were the days.

Another intriguing idea would be to implement some sort of Sea Transport Service from the Coral Sea. Maybe Sidoian pirates could have been hired from the nobles of Tindrem to transport spice and other rare goods from Old Sidoia and small outpost in the Sunken Isles.

"Recently the Sidoians of Myrland have dramatically increased the frequency of expeditions and pilgrimages to the Coral Sea. Since the Irruption, likely as a result of the earthquakes that marked the end of it, some of the ancient Sidoian islands rose from the ocean to expose hitherto unexplored regions. This has led to the establishment of a small harbor and semi-permanent Sidoian outpost in the Sunken Isles, sometimes frequented by Alvarin explorers and curious scholars."

Female Sidoian.jpg

Last edited:

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I'm not a lore expert but basically I think the Sidonian and sarducca lands haven't been added to the game yet. They'll add more lands in the future maybe. Right now most towns are Tindremic or Khurite though

Serverus

May 28, 2020
Moh’ki
I'm not a lore expert but basically I think the Sidonian and sarducca lands haven't been added to the game yet. They'll add more lands in the future maybe. Right now most towns are Tindremic or Khurite though

I appreciate your feedback, albeit I am aware of the current regions implemented in game. But this lore discussion was more about the rise and migratrion of Sidoians in Tindrem. After the Irruption they sort of inhabited nobility in the capital. There is more about them on the website, but I just thought it would be intriguing to see some of these nobles implemented as NPC's in the future.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
I appreciate your feedback, albeit I am aware of the current regions implemented in game. But this lore discussion was more about the rise and migratrion of Sidoians in Tindrem. After the Irruption they sort of inhabited nobility in the capital. There is more about them on the website, but I just thought it would be intriguing to see some of these nobles implemented as NPC's in the future.

I don't know of we'll ever get non killable NPCs besides merchants tbh. Could add some to oversee the arena maybe

Reactions: Serverus

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
The best thing about being Sidoian, is you are pretty much accepted everywhere. I can not wait till the bridge to my adopted home of Sarduca opens back up. I miss the sprawling dunes and blazing sands.

Reactions: Serverus