Should blocks have a cooldown before you can block again

Put a 0.5 - 1.0 second delay between parries

• Total voters

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Right and it was still much slower than this system.
I wouldnt say much though.
But now after wiffing a swing there is time enough for a swing to get through. No need to add another cd between changing blocks, that will simply disrupt too much to really gain from it.

Buffallo

Aug 3, 2020
I wouldnt say much though.
But now after wiffing a swing there is time enough for a swing to get through. No need to add another cd between changing blocks, that will simply disrupt too much to really gain from it.
Disagree. Log in mo1 and view the obvious. Can literally rave dance.

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
The game feels really zergy right now to me.
+1, but don't you think that in real life you also have little chance against a large number of opponents? I think it's more realistic now, but bad for smal group. How it should be in the game, let everyone decide for themselves, but in the end it will be as it is decided by the developers of MO2.

Reactions: Ministro and Svaar

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
+1, but don't you think that in real life you also have little chance against a large number of opponents? I think it's more realistic now, but bad for smal group. How it should be in the game, let everyone decide for themselves, but in the end it will be as it is decided by the developers of MO2.
Reality is a bad example to use mainly because reality is much stranger than fiction.

For example you may say climbing Mount Everest in shorts is not very realistic but in reality there’s a Dutch man named wim hof who’s strong enough in the force to not exchange any of his body energy with his external environment.

And this is just one example

And if you would like me to get more specific I can but in reality there are many battle won against insurmountable odds that would probably be harder to accomplish in a video game than in reality.

Reactions: Magos

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
If anything real life is more favorable to a smaller force because of the lack of respawn mechanics. There are quite a few examples of numerically smaller armies winning against larger ones even ignoring fights that can be accounted for by things like technological superiority.

Smaller force can use harassment tactics/guerilla warfare to considerably even the odds.

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
IRL skill or training, practice and drilling are sure ways to beat numerous opponents.

The more you train and gain experience the higher the skill ceiling goes.

Your reactions nor your skill is handicapped by artificial systems meant to hold you back.
There are many a story about the lone warrior holding a chokepoint against hundreds and killing dozens before going down.

So to answer the question. No, and a hard no at that. RL is a smart one, it created life to matter only about skill. That is until humans progressed enough to create tools to take away skill like guns.

Reactions: Teknique

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
That is until humans progressed enough to create tools to take away skill...

*Laughs maniacally in dominator*

tenor.gif

• Haha
Reactions: ThaBadMan

Eskaldar

Jun 25, 2020
IRL skill or training, practice and drilling are sure ways to beat numerous opponents.

The more you train and gain experience the higher the skill ceiling goes.

Your reactions nor your skill is handicapped by artificial systems meant to hold you back.
There are many a story about the lone warrior holding a chokepoint against hundreds and killing dozens before going down.

So to answer the question. No, and a hard no at that. RL is a smart one, it created life to matter only about skill. That is until humans progressed enough to create tools to take away skill like guns.
I mean, you don't have eye on the back, you can't block from 2 side in the one moment. It's mean if you best of the best melee fighter and you be attack 2-or more not best, but against coordinated players, WIN be very hard to you. I think it's good.

Reactions: Ministro

Zyloth

Nov 24, 2020
Any kind of 'delay' will cause super fast weapons to do a single feint for guaranteed dmg imo. I do think the window for parrying is far too large. It could probably be trimmed 25-50% for a better feel to the flow of combat while still allowing two quick parrys from two different opponents.

Reactions: Ask and ThaBadMan

Ask

Jun 10, 2020
You're all probably going to think I've received a head injury but I think the parry window should be shortened and the animation sped up. That way your rewarded for pulling off a more difficult parry. As it stands currently parry is no different to a light hit par increased damage. Me and a friend the other day parried each others parries without one hitting the other until one of our weapons broke. If your conscious enough to give someone a parry then you should be conscious enough to move away. As it stands theirs no risk at the moment for making that mistake.

Reactions: Rorry

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
I don't think there should be a global time-increase in blocking but I do think there should be a timer in missed parries, to punish players who block too early or just miss-blocks. A couple of seconds should suffice, enough to get a free swing in.
There is already a punishment for early blocking; hold it too long, and you take damage anyway.

The zerg argument is also a non-starter: numbers can be an advantage, and skill can only compensate so much. Sorry you don't like that.

The poll shows people over 3:1 against it, 'nuff said.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
There is already a punishment for early blocking; hold it too long, and you take damage anyway.
You can reset your block almost every second if you not more than that, it's enough to keep your parry-timer up permanently, and to regain your stam while doing so if you time it well enough and not spam.

Ministro

Dec 3, 2020
You can reset your block almost every second if you not more than that, it's enough to keep your parry-timer up permanently, and to regain your stam while doing so if you time it well enough and not spam.
And if you're getting 1vX'd, it'll be the only thing that lets you regain enough stam to keep fighting "the dreaded zerg" lol.

No one's gonna win perma-parrying, they die anyway. If you're saying it makes killing the slower, good. That's exactly it's function.

Solairerection

May 28, 2020
And if you're getting 1vX'd, it'll be the only thing that lets you regain enough stam to keep fighting "the dreaded zerg" lol.
You'd still regain the stamina, regardless if you miss the block or not. What's your point?

No one's gonna win perma-parrying, they die anyway. If you're saying it makes killing the slower, good. That's exactly it's function.
If the other person logs off out of boredom, you have won.