Salty vet feedback #02

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
I have expressed my dislike towards certain combat mechanics, balance and current Keep/castle implementation(WE NEED SIEGING) and Instead of repeating myself there and updating my last thread, I decided to reee off in a new one.

1 - Reserve bars and thirst bar....No brainer, helps keeping an eye on things much easier than having to go into character sheet. It's not an overly difficult thing to implement in terms of UI. I would gauge this isn't high on the priority list, but would be a nice little QoL addition.

2 - Make the eating and animation stop much sooner once you move. Currently you consume multiple units after the initial movement input, which can be annoying and frustrating to gain weight, which messes with a build(I went overweight from stout, just as a enemy group turned up, am a little salty). I know pressing X stops eating...but most people do not know that, and will try to move to stop the eating process.

3 - Player nameplate and armor LOD load ins. I get you have to be careful in terms of performance cost with the amount of characters and their LOD values...but seeing a naked humanoid until the last second, gets quite annoying - Especially when on horses and you sort of load infront of each other, causes these awkward moments. I would rather be able to see peoples names and what they're wearing a lot sooner, for obvious reasons.

4 - Animation play distance - Currently it appears you have a lot of character and AI animations(aside from running/sprinting) at around a 15m - 20m cut off range, where they don't play. Again, I get this is a performance thing, especially considering the amount of people that can be in an area and on screen and all that info has to be sent from server to client...But it could be extended more, if you optimize animations and their cost and lower anim frames across distance, before you decide to cull them out. Even an extra 15m - 20m would be nice. Having an MA almost right infront of you, looking like he's brain dead, but really he's drawing his bow and is shooting is really silly.

5 - Deployable items, such as campfires, crushers and attractors. Obvious reasons to why these should be in, would also mean I don't have to run to town or camp when I want to cook some decent health or stam food. Would also make mining in more isolated spots, a bit more worth it.

6 - Speaking of food, the cooking system still needs a lot of implementation. Cooking raw flour on spit = top of the line food....Bruh. Not being able to make complicated recipes that increase the values in a significant manner, compared to basic recipes on a spit or in a cooking pot? Again, Bruh. Not being able to make pet food, again bruh. I get the system is intentionally implemented this way, to have basic cooking in the game for release....but it's a bit too basic, and feels like it's wider than the pacific ocean with all the ingredients and cooking tools, but deeper than a rain drop in terms of actual implementation.

7 - Soul bound weapons are just an annoyance now. Example, Me and my group went to Risar dungeon, wiped a group. They spent the next 20 minutes spawning at the priest outside the dungeon, and coming in with their soul bound short swords to constantly attack our mounts. They eventually got bored of becoming loot bags, but they managed to kill two mounts. We shouldn't have to semi-afk priest camp, to deal with some naked spastics who are upset they died. If you really do not want to remove soul bound short swords, then alternative options to help remedy the issue would be; Make the player spawn in 1 hit, like in MO1. Also increase the spawn timer or death sickness, every time you die in a short time frame, to slow down the frequency of spam respawning.

8 - We need combining functionality, to make use of alchemy better. Need them purify pots.

This is all, until the next time I am salty.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
should just add rez sickness. A stacking % of health and damage decrease for x amount of minutes everytime you die. I've always thought that players dying and coming right back to fight 2 minutes later was dumb anyways, dying should have some weight to it. Exceptions being ether portals and dying to npcs

Reactions: Finnley and Tzone

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
They have a death sickness timer already....they just need to increase it if you die too quickly after rezzing. Make it grow exponentially