Running two MO accounts simultaneously?

Midkemma

Feb 27, 2022
Do you know this or you just think so?
There are maybe a few people with huge issues who are playing like this but I doubt.

I know.
I had a lot of fun chats with people in the game in the open village that a mate and mine made for our trade guild. A lot of people in the help chat, which was not like MO2 global chat disguised as a help chat, I had my time extended because I was actively helping often. I had a lot of ingame interactions outside of combat.
I was also active on the forums. I had hope for MO1 (foolish I know) and was quite active, not only posting but also reading, read near everything for long periods. Knowing stuff lead to some juicy profits as I wasn't a bad greedy trader :p

Personally I'd like to have at list 1 alt because:
I want to experience different classes and builds but still have max char to actually play with guild. Also I would like to be able to fulfill different roles in raids if needed. I would not mind if both alts share same notoriety and profession but in the end I think its does not really matter.
IMHO reputation/trade reasons to limit game to 1 char is BS.
- Main trade items are resources and not made items.
Personally I have not bought a single item from the broker. I get all I need from guild craftsmen made specifically for my char. I'm grand-master bowyer and some times sell my bows on broker but really farming MOBs are much more profitable.
- Rep. is really means nothing. Absolutely nothing. Please give me an example why actual player give a ff for reputation?

You do know that in MO1 it was not like this.
The people who could do it all (or a lot) were the ones who had multiple accounts?
This encouraged people to at least sub 1 account with max number of chars and 1 F2P account for afk/not max skill needed crap?
That is 5 chars.
Throw in a 2nd account and it is an easy 9 chars. <<< That was me.

Other wise it is not a joke and you do need a help.

How do you know what Ichor is taking home? Might be peanuts for Ichor...
Also, kind of presumptuous to assume that their life is in a bad place because of 3 subs that they need to seek help... as if they are some kind of crack addict. FFS Star Vault! That probably is legit >.<

Reactions: Ichorous

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
Maybe? The is no doubt!
j/k
I guess you did it over period of time 5-10yr?
I hope you did not pay $15 mo sub for each? Other wise it is not a joke and you do need a help.
I spent thousands of hours playing MO1. I don't find that $45 per month is a high price for such an engaging hobby.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Maybe? The is no doubt!
j/k
I hope you did not pay $15 mo sub for each? Other wise it is not a joke and you do need a help.

ICH was that dude in MO1. Be cool. That's v unclassy to act as though someone's time spent in something is a waste when they achieved high level success in whatever they did.

THAT BEING SAID: the sub thing did start to creep on me, and I was like man I'm paying to put in work on some indie MO that is kinda garby when you be real about it. But yea man that game was def worth it if you could stay into it. The amount of fun to be had in MO would have been worth an original lifetime sub and I think those dudes are lucky who got one. Not that one acct is enough! I dunno how lifetime subs work tho.

I can't do anything w/ o going in, tho, so I think it's wack when people shame someone for whatever they did. Esp on hobby level not like WATCHING TV, etc. Yeah, the world would be great if everyone would put all of their energy into important things, but feasibly, there just aren't that many for everyone. Opportunities are limited. Some people wanna just have something to do and engage their mind lightly over a period of time. MO1 was pretty high reward for time invested, I think, in terms of 'personal satisfaction.' Cuz every day you are watching people get griefed out of the game while you sit there drinking tea. But yeah, eventually you kind of wonder about the nature of it all, and feel like this game kinda garby tho... but I didn't ever hold territory like these guys. There is an immense responsibility to own a keep, ICH held one noncombat; prol the one pseudo role playing use of TC, a merchant keep.. I think he went into GK too about the time I was quitting, but nothing at that point counts IMO haha.

So yea B EZ. :):) That's out of bounds, and we all, in a way, do need help, you, too, bud, welcome to the MOFO asylum! But yea don't shame people about their gaming, that's sad shit to do if you are a gamer. You start to sound like a parent.

Grey

Apr 1, 2022
How do you know what Ichor is taking home? Might be peanuts for Ichor...
Also, kind of presumptuous to assume that their life is in a bad place because of 3 subs that they need to seek help... as if they are some kind of crack addict. FFS Star Vault! That probably is legit >.<
At one point I had same kind of trouble with Ultima Online - 2 accounts =10chat I cover ALL professions and just managing all of this took so much time it start to affect RL. So I was in this dark place and yes in my not so humble opinion 3 accounts is sure indication you might need help.
MO2 is not like UO with relatively simple craft and very simple gathering. In MO2 to be fully self sufficient you have to spend so much time on mundane tasks so IMHO its just defeat purpose of playing MO2. IMHO.
Even with my history in UO I can't imagine how much time you waste with inventory management!
Its not just about money man and sure addiction with MMOG are not as expensive as gambling and this not so destructive and apparent but still addiction is addiction.

Ichorous

May 28, 2020
At one point I had same kind of trouble with Ultima Online - 2 accounts =10chat I cover ALL professions and just managing all of this took so much time it start to affect RL. So I was in this dark place and yes in my not so humble opinion 3 accounts is sure indication you might need help.
MO2 is not like UO with relatively simple craft and very simple gathering. In MO2 to be fully self sufficient you have to spend so much time on mundane tasks so IMHO its just defeat purpose of playing MO2. IMHO.
Even with my history in UO I can't imagine how much time you waste with inventory management!
Its not just about money man and sure addiction with MMOG are not as expensive as gambling and this not so destructive and apparent but still addiction is addiction.
Yeah this makes sense. I play video games for about 4 hours a day. I had 12 characters, but I focused on selling weapons, armor, potions and transportation. I only used the other characters when I had difficulty buying materials for the crafting.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Maybe? The is no doubt!
j/k
I had 4 p2p accounts with 4 chars each and multiple f2p accounts in MO1. It was convenient for playing different playstyles and accessing their skills without being bothered with travelling time every single time i wanted to do something else.

People had múltiple accounts for convenience yes, that convenience made the game amusing for me.

The lack of crafting related content and it's really poor ass design and that skill pool system made crafters useless except for naked-donkey tasks and endless time consuming boring crafts.

Crafting was so tedious and unrewarding
that people didn't even craft for others (except traders, dedícated crafters or good people) so it was generally easier to build a crafter yourself instead of having to relay on other players.

Now in MO2 crafting classes are not as tedious as before but they are still really garbage.

Imagine i had múltiple accounts in MO1 to skip dead time and being land locked by characters. This continues to be the same, it's the exact same model but now they got clever and charge you more per character.

They don't advertise it but it's intended by game design for players to buy múltiple accounts.
Nobody is forcing your hand to have múltiple characters but having one would make the game to be really conditioned by playtime, but i'm sure theres people that still enjoys playing just 1 character.

Today i have 5 accounts with less characters paying more and for the same reasons i did in MO1.

Last edited:
Reactions: Midkemma and Grey

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

Can't judge or be telling people they need help" for how they choose to play a game its a dead brain type of thing. I think the people that need assistance are the ones that so cassually like to infer others do.

Grey

Apr 1, 2022
Can't judge or be telling people they need help" for how they choose to play a game its a dead brain type of thing. I think the people that need assistance are the ones that so cassually like to infer others do.
Sure I can and I did. Why can't I express my opinion? Who the hell are you to tell me otherwise? Addiction is not myth it is a real thing in the world of online game and I personally deal with it as I point out in respectful and non categorical form so what is your problem?

They don't advertise it but it's intended by game design for players to buy múltiple accounts.
QFT
Indeed. I'm also considering to get second account but not for craft. I'd like to be able to test different races and builds without interrupting "high end" game with my guild and turning game in endless "newbe".
This tactic to force (to put it simple) player to buy additional accounts is kindo dirty IMHO. MO2 is a niche game that atm does not have competition and no wander it has so many people going overboard with it despite the fact its actually beta quality.
BUT...
IMHO this tactic push away casual and new to genre.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Sure I can and I did. Why can't I express my opinion? Who the hell are you to tell me otherwise? Addiction is not myth it is a real thing in the world of online game and I personally deal with it as I point out in respectful and non categorical form so what is your problem?

QFT
Indeed. I'm also considering to get second account but not for craft. I'd like to be able to test different races and builds without interrupting "high end" game with my guild and turning game in endless "newbe".
This tactic to force (to put it simple) player to buy additional accounts is kindo dirty IMHO. MO2 is a niche game that atm does not have competition and no wander it has so many people going overboard with it despite the fact its actually beta quality.
BUT...

The problem Is you are a random being peyorative rather than concerned about the well being of people. You can't possibly know whos dealing with an addiction and if you did It's not your problem.
Telling people that, is condescending specially when you don't know them. You should keep this shit to yourself.

But yeah returning to topic. It's all the game design that forces players to buy múltiple accounts for dealing with the lack of content and the impossibility of trying new builds without resetting progress.

Like i said before Star Vault don't advertirse it but this game Is ment by design for people to have multiple accounts, which sucks ass because SV will allways deny It's true and they probably wont ever address that problematic. They never did in more than a decade of MO1 and in MO2 Is worse.

I understand theres límited resources for the game development but what i can't understand Is that they do nothing to fix garbage design instead they add a bullshit total dog ass placeholder content like the bounty hunter designed by a stupid monkey.

These problematics probably don't affect the people willing to buy and sub múltiple accounts but its straight forward P2W and definitely not newbie friendly.

Not much point debating this tho, It's really improbable SV will pull their head out of their ass and stop making placeholder content and listen to players or at least try the game to understand how it works. Henrique promises a lot but these patches deliver poop.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
MO2 is a niche game that atm does not have competition and no wander it has so many people going overboard with it despite the fact its actually beta quality.
BUT...

It has competition because it lollishly is trying to put itself into a competitive bracket and change to the style of game people are playing now.

I don't think so many people are going overboard. Nobody has subbed yet. People are just sitting on the accts they bought. lol. I bought a second one before release. 80 bucks o well. Like I said before I got 80 bucks of fun from just beta. BUUUT I see it as my tax to come here and bitch when I feel like it. I DO hope the game is good, and I do not mind about the 2 acct thing. IF the game is good.

the failure of MO2 is really just sad, as I said before. It's another game whose death (if it dies ((soon tm))) will damage a genre... as I told before I play tactical hexbased strategy, another dying genre. To say it's beta quality is to assume there is a 100% 'done' MO, even in concept, and I don't think it is. I think persistent release is a good term, but tho it seems like just yesterday, game has been out for awhile and slowly became trash.

The only thing that excited me for a moment was the swing speed change, as I thought they might actually try to make combat better by messing w/ the nuts and bolts of it, but they just reverted and added more BS. whee.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Grey

Apr 1, 2022
The problem Is you are a random being peyorative rather than concerned about the well being of people. You can't possibly know whos dealing with an addiction and if you did It's not your problem.
Telling people that, is condescending specially when you don't know them. You should keep this shit to yourself.
Take it easy man. How is it "peyorative" if I point out on my own problem like yours in the past?
But if you want to be offended....
But yeah returning to topic. It's all the game design that forces players to buy múltiple accounts for dealing with the lack of content and the impossibility of trying new builds without resetting progress.

Like i said before Star Vault don't advertirse it but this game Is ment by design for people to have multiple accounts, which sucks ass because SV will allways deny It's true and they probably wont ever address that problematic. They never did in more than a decade of MO1 and in MO2 Is worse.

I understand theres límited resources for the game development but what i can't understand Is that they do nothing to fix garbage design instead they add a bullshit total dog ass placeholder content like the bounty hunter designed by a stupid monkey.

These problematics probably don't affect the people willing to buy and sub múltiple accounts but its straight forward P2W and definitely not newbie friendly.

Not much point debating this tho, It's really improbable SV will pull their head out of their ass and stop making placeholder content and listen to players or at least try the game to understand how it works. Henrique promises a lot but these patches deliver poop.
Quoted For the Truth
I did play MO1 for some time but quit because of honorific performance and various annoyances in the game with craft and inventory management. In the end I just decided it does not worth my time and money and switch to Darkfall. It was not as good looking as MO1 and I miss horse archery and other aspects but in the end Darkfall was much better game and much less mundane tasks.
Mo2 is much better then MO1 but in fact I see many people drop out after re-rolling a few times and getting annoyed

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Uff imagine begging a company for mtx.
I have zero issues with mtx as long as it doesn't involve p2w. Having an issue with a company selling a service such as an extra character slot is weird.

The dream of zero mtx for an mmo is just as funny as Henriks dream of boats and 1000 player battle royales. Mtx= more money for the company. More money for the company = more development for the game (usually).

D

Dracu

I have zero issues with mtx as long as it doesn't involve p2w. Having an issue with a company selling a service such as an extra character slot is weird.

The dream of zero mtx for an mmo is just as funny as Henriks dream of boats and 1000 player battle royales. Mtx= more money for the company. More money for the company = more development for the game (usually).
Depends on the monetization model. I personally do not like companys creating artificall issues and then selling the solution to the issues they created for the players.

Mtx in a subscription based game feel more then wrong. The market got so bad that what was wrong back then is now seen as "oh its only that" "it could be worse"... Hell no! In mo1 they did the extra slots in a fair manner, they were the box price after the game turned free to try. I do not approve of the "its just cosmetics" mentality either. Screw that stuff, just design the game better.

That more money would make the development more i kinda doubt ... Atleast in this case. I mean... They did get big funding by epic games. Did the development get more? Not really, stayed the same i guess. It did not improve the quality of patches. I guess all it did was extend the time without subscription.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021

They have money now and they take over a month to deliver a 2 liner patch or bounty system.

Quit treating SV like a snowflake dude lol what the actual fuck is not that they are struggling, they fucked up, they have resources and they are delivering shit. Thats precisely why Robmo is making "i'm sorry" threads in the name of starvault.

Fuck sakes whenever i see that false modesty to "support" the game i suddently want bleach in my eyes.

They don't have to charge more money to deliver. Imagine people is going to sub for the garbage state of the game and you having wet dreams about paying them more for CONTENT, make a donation or buy stocks if you wanna get "involved" with this poor indie company.

Same like when idiots were cheering up SV in MO1 for selling reroll tokens on a P2W Game!!!!!!!!! Thats just tottally moronic.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dracu

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Take it easy man. How is it "peyorative" if I point out on my own problem like yours in the past?
But if you want to be offended....

Quoted For the Truth
I did play MO1 for some time but quit because of honorific performance and various annoyances in the game with craft and inventory management. In the end I just decided it does not worth my time and money and switch to Darkfall. It was not as good looking as MO1 and I miss horse archery and other aspects but in the end Darkfall was much better game and much less mundane tasks.
Mo2 is much better then MO1 but in fact I see many people drop out after re-rolling a few times and getting annoyed

No problem dude but I'd just leave that RL judgement type of thing out of the forums.

MO2 is better than MO1 in certain aspects, but right now MO1 is closer to be better Game than MO2. Sadly this current versión of the game has a lot of placeholder content and people exhausted it.
But yeah you are right the game is not build-test friendly thats for sure.
A lot of really garbage design content.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
They have money now and they take over a month to deliver a 2 liner patch or bounty system.

Quit treating SV like a snowflake dude lol what the actual fuck is not that they are struggling, they fucked up, they have resources and they are delivering shit. Thats precisely why Robmo is making "i'm sorry" threads in the name of starvault.

Fuck sakes whenever i see that false modesty to "support" the game i suddently want bleach in my eyes.

They don't have to charge more money to deliver. Imagine people is going to sub for the garbage state of the game and you having wet dreams about paying them more for CONTENT, make a donation or buy stocks if you wanna get "involved" with this poor indie company.

Same like when idiots were cheering up SV in MO1 for selling reroll tokens on a P2W Game!!!!!!!!! Thats just tottally moronic.

If it wasn't clear, I wasn't referring to SV specifically. I used the word "companies".

I don't think SV needs more money to create a decent game. My only point was to complaint about a company offering a service such as a character slot is stupid. Yeah its "creating the problem and selling a solution". Thats literally how games have been for the past decade. And its only going to get worse. We aren't in the early 2000s anymore where game creators are making them out of passion. Its a multi-billion dollar business.

Yeah, I would love for them to just give us a $15 sub and multiple character slots with it.

Lastly, he quoted me saying that back in February. Thats when I still had a lot of hope for the game. Now I wouldn't even spend $1 on an extra character slot.
Quit treating SV like a snowflake dude lol what the actual fuck is not that they are struggling
You really think SV isn't struggling? LOL

oh boy

• Haha

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
If it wasn't clear, I wasn't referring to SV specifically. I used the word "companies".

I don't think SV needs more money to create a decent game. My only point was to complaint about a company offering a service such as a character slot is stupid. Yeah its "creating the problem and selling a solution". Thats literally how games have been for the past decade. And its only going to get worse. We aren't in the early 2000s anymore where game creators are making them out of passion. Its a multi-billion dollar business.

Yeah, I would love for them to just give us a $15 sub and multiple character slots with it.

Lastly, he quoted me saying that back in February. Thats when I still had a lot of hope for the game. Now I wouldn't even spend $1 on an extra character slot.

You really think SV isn't struggling? LOL

oh boy

Precisely these type of indie companies are the promise of better gaming environments, shit that goes out of the mainstream moneygrab industry. Obviously game companies can't live out of thin air but that shouldnt mean they need to go with that production model.

I find a sub fair aslong as theres improvement, but damn selling reroll tokens or whatever that should get accessed via ingame Is a real dick move.

There will allways be a moronic public that would pay for advantages but if SV wanna go on that road it will be a dead end.

I think SV Is struggling with a headless company that does not have a development compass, im not sure they are struggling economically with all the funding they got, and if they do have resources then what are they doing.

Hell even recent Robmo thread on the forum explained SV's condition quite well.

SV actually aknowledged some problematics and added equerrys priests and portable stuff, like months after they fucked PVP up and obviously giving keeps and strongholds a protagonism they shouldn't have till sieging Is out. But even with the funding they have we are being handed pieces of turds instead of content.

TheHeretic

Jun 1, 2020
MK\Bakti\JC
Maybe I'm one of the people with huge issues, but I had 12 characters on paid 3 accounts. I also had a FTP glassblower.

1. Bowcrafter
2. Armorcrafter
3. Weaponcrafter
4. Miner/Transporter
5. Alchemist
6. Merchant/Transporter/Breeder/Tamer
7. Butcher
8. Master extractor
9. Engineer

10. Mounted Archer
11. Mounted Mage
12. Foot fighter

I didn't need them all, but being able to craft anything made supply chains a convenience instead of a necessity.
I got 4 acc with 16 characters. I use everething and being more happy then now.

Reactions: Ichorous