Roadmap

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
lol my vision is worse than henriks @ screen shot size haha. ;) Oh well, I see pictures.

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
Man that roadmap looks disappointing....
Only redemption is if they give small TC to the 'Housing Functions', Let clans atleast place priest at their strongholds or houses and they can sort their own inventories with storage chests.
(Depending on the amount of beds assigned to the house, The people can then be assigned permissions to the houses/utilize the priest).

Looks like there is no sight of Roleplay/Tavern Mechanics on that list which would also keep a bunch of people playing/socializing when there isn't any fights.

This looks overall bad and in the wrong direction if not cleared up in detail.

Last edited:

myogaman

Apr 1, 2022
Why the negativity? He could have announced TC and people would be complaining. Each patch has something positive to look forward to. Stuff to start building RP buildings, extra PvP and PvE content, and a general ramp up to TC. And its just two weeks. Like we've been waiting (if you were here since launch) 2 months for actual content to release and now that it's here...? Not good enough?

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I think the roadmap does contain features that we as a community have been asking for at one time or another. SV, for all their faults and shortcomings, does appear to be listening to feedback and suggestions so that is encouraging to say the least.

Of course, they can't please everyone at once so some requested features may need a bit more time before they can be realised. But I like this updated roadmap, the bounty hunting system and thievery stood out for me. Not that I'm going to be a bounty hunter or thief, but I know others who will.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
you guy realize these are two weeks patches right?
it's actually quite nice to see the bounty system & forced wardec so soon.
the rings&amulets are quite soon too, noice.
TC will come when it's ready, i certainly don't wan't the rushed crapholder from mo1 back.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Why the negativity? He could have announced TC and people would be complaining. Each patch has something positive to look forward to. Stuff to start building RP buildings, extra PvP and PvE content, and a general ramp up to TC. And its just two weeks. Like we've been waiting (if you were here since launch) 2 months for actual content to release and now that it's here...? Not good enough?
We are all being negative because the roadmap is full of a bunch of changes that we should have had in beta, and is no important changes that the game needs to stop bleeding out. Games losing players every day with no sign of stopping. TC and sieging isnt even on the May roadmap. So the roadmap for the next 2 months, has literally nothing to make people who are quitting want to stay. The game really needed TC to be April or May. At least would give the sandbox a little sand.

Like are housing functions bad? No. But this game shouldn't have launched 5% finished either. Housing should have launched with housing functions lmao. So seeing that we are getting basic functions the game should have had, and arent getting the many others we need, isnt anything to get excited over.

Reactions: RaptorBlackz

POMEH

Jan 30, 2022
Russian
www.youtube.com
It should have been at the start of the game. Today in MO2 plays about 2k players. Through few months only the fans will remain in the game. Its about 500 players. So this roadmap is not important. Even if in half a year dragons and flying on them, ships and sea battles appear in the game, it will be for 300-500 players who will stay playing the game. Everything will repeat like with MO1.

Reactions: Jatix

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Clade Respec and Placeable Campfires are great and very much needed. Good to get both in two weeks. As a (future) alchemist I would be interested in the meaning of Alchemy Effects. Visual effects when drinking a potion? Or is there more behind?

Necromany in two month, that's a joke, or? There are so many systems in the game with heavy bugs or not working at all, why add another magic school at this point? And beast mastery is coming later but is wanted by many players.

About TC and siege: In my opinion the complete housing system should have been released much later and together with the siege mechanics. TC should be after sieges.

myogaman

Apr 1, 2022
The way I see it, everyone thinks they are entitled to a bunch of stuff that "would have been there" if the game didn't launch. The launch set everything back by 2 months. No one expected the population to increase 10x within a week of release. This thought that this "should have been there" is a fallacy. Even if this was still beta, everyone would be complaining about the same stuff. The only difference there's a label of "full release" put on it.

Look at New World, Lost Ark, FF14 Endwalkers, Battlefield 2042, Cyberpunk 2077, Call of Duty: Anotha One, etc etc.

MO1 lasted a decade with a relatively small population. I'm sure MO2 will be just fine. The internet today is different than 2009 and we have more news focused on gaming, more social media available, streaming site -- the game can bounce back. If WoW can keep releasing the same mediocre crap every 2 years and get a giant player boost for 2 months before petering out again, MO2 will be fine.

All I'm saying is, this undeserved air of deservedness and constantly complaining about the state of the game will only do 2 things.

1) Push the population down further because there isn't a giant hype machine pushing advertisements for the game so word of mouth is about all MO2 gets.

2) Make people who complain look like a bunch of simps for an abusive ex because almost every platform that talks about MO2 cannot stop talking about how shitty it is and yet they are still here.

If you want the game to do well, do better for yourself and the community. If you want the game to fail, people can already see that based on personal post history.

With more storefronts to release on and more major content patches (continents, etc), sales can happen and rebound the population. I didn't hear jack about MO1 after 2009 until 2021 when MO2's closed beta came out. The game will survive.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
The way I see it, everyone thinks they are entitled to a bunch of stuff that "would have been there" if the game didn't launch. The launch set everything back by 2 months. No one expected the population to increase 10x within a week of release. This thought that this "should have been there" is a fallacy. Even if this was still beta, everyone would be complaining about the same stuff. The only difference there's a label of "full release" put on it.

Look at New World, Lost Ark, FF14 Endwalkers, Battlefield 2042, Cyberpunk 2077, Call of Duty: Anotha One, etc etc.

MO1 lasted a decade with a relatively small population. I'm sure MO2 will be just fine. The internet today is different than 2009 and we have more news focused on gaming, more social media available, streaming site -- the game can bounce back. If WoW can keep releasing the same mediocre crap every 2 years and get a giant player boost for 2 months before petering out again, MO2 will be fine.

All I'm saying is, this undeserved air of deservedness and constantly complaining about the state of the game will only do 2 things.

1) Push the population down further because there isn't a giant hype machine pushing advertisements for the game so word of mouth is about all MO2 gets.

2) Make people who complain look like a bunch of simps for an abusive ex because almost every platform that talks about MO2 cannot stop talking about how shitty it is and yet they are still here.

If you want the game to do well, do better for yourself and the community. If you want the game to fail, people can already see that based on personal post history.

With more storefronts to release on and more major content patches (continents, etc), sales can happen and rebound the population. I didn't hear jack about MO1 after 2009 until 2021 when MO2's closed beta came out. The game will survive.
Sometimes it's a self-fulfilling prophecy, when people are negative towards anything SV does, no matter what they do:

1_7oh-o8JLlkHz6WufLr74fA.png

I'm not against freedom of speech (love it in fact), but it's a two-edged sword that can make the world around us and ourselves better or worse. By all means express our dissatisfaction when we need to, but let's try to balance it out.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Ibarruri

May 28, 2020
Meduli
It would be great to have those roleplay mechanics so we can finally sit around the tables and chat lol.
I'm sick of seeing chairs where I can't sit.
In general, all the content is interesting, the problem is time.
They released the game very incomplete. It's actually still a beta.

Anyway, I hope the news attracts more people, because the game is starting to get dangerously empty.

Raknor

Sep 14, 2021
Hyllspeia
The fact there is no ETA for sieging is ... well, I don't even know what it is really. People were already pissed at the fact some keeps were built not just by playing the game but mostly for being able to skip the queue in the early days and it continues to have no timeline for when this wrong can be righted. To make matters worse TC functions are coming in making the people that do have these keeps even stronger and more able to withstand a siege attempt whenever that comes.

It just feels tone deaf to me and I don't even plan on having a keep or sieging anyone.

Reactions: Infamous

Tzone

May 16, 2021
He lead people on in beta that TC was very close. Possibly only a month or two after release.
Instead its 2 months out.

Why the negativity? Because Henrik has been screwing over the games dedicated player base and has treated the players who had this game on life support when it was nothing very poorly. Now the game is dying and the content that was needed to keep the bobs around isnt going to be coming for another 2 months.

He made lots of the beta players quit with anti PvP change in direction after he milked us and now the players that would have stayed for the lack luster content but decent PvP got thined out by time investment in order to PvP.

Im just laughing at the situation of how many people are going to quit untill TC now. Game is going to die down a lot with only a coupled of people playing a few hours a month untill Siege and TC is out.

Literally unsiegable keeps and houses are in the world against the players advice. No against any person reasonable advice with out siege which is at least 2 months away.

Also hurting the game for many players who needed the ini and are physically harmed by the games eye adaption lighting system. Simple things that players should be able to toggle off in order to tailor the games experience to be the best it can for them. But Henrik shallowly wants everyone to be forced to see pixelated grass, flickering shadows that render in and out based on render range, stuttering frames, low frames, and lower resolutions because he things a choppy mess that is a mile wide but a inch deep looks good.

Getting forced wardecs Woooooo! except you cant fight in towns which is the whole point of forced wardecs because kids will always run to guard zone after harassing you. What a utter joke and disappointment. So many things could have been done easily to make it where people would not get griefed out of the game and SV fucks it up putting so much work into a non factor of a system.

I have very little faith in SV getting decent PvP friendly content with how anti PvP the recent direction has been in. So the bounty hunting and new flagging stuff is up in the air and more of a risk to the game then a saving possibility for the game PvP players.

I am however very appreciative of the housing permissions coming into the game at some point soon. The rest of the stuff is ok cool/meh but wont keep the bobs in the game who is what Henrik scarified the gameplay for.

At least this fractured game is coming out. I know a lot of people that will be playing that in the mean time. But Henrik doesnt care about his players nor our experience and will just say "If ThE GaMe DoEsNt HaVe WhAt YoU WaNt, YoU cAn CoMe BaCk LaTeR" after he crushes his players souls into the ground and misleads the community more.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
you guy realize these are two weeks patches right?
it's actually quite nice to see the bounty system & forced wardec so soon.
the rings&amulets are quite soon too, noice.
TC will come when it's ready, i certainly don't wan't the rushed crapholder from mo1 back.

They have been promising 2 week patches but they keep delivering patches with filler notes, random fixes that don't fix anything and server capacity updates we don't know they are real till server pop increases.

Nobody wants rushed placeholder bullshit but It's generally what we get. I stopped watching Henrik's streams cuz he promises shit that don't deliver. Been promising housing group settings in the last 3 brosdcasts saying "next patch Is comming with that", never address elemental game problematics, read and answers most idiotic comments.

Tempted to make a video of Henrik's BS comparing what he says on the streams and what they actually deliver on patches, then they come up with some garbage roadmap and expect it will be delivered in good shape. Idk those information inconsistencies makes me think shit Is more improvised than i thought and the community notices this shit, otherwise we would see another support and a more stable population.

At this point can't really expect SV to deliver we can just wait for the best or the worst.