Roadmap voting

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I heard they may be working on a way to vote in game. Is this how they plan on doing the Roadmap voting?

That way they would at least be getting votes from people that actually play the game. Probably would get less troll voting that way.

Though they would not get as good of an input on what would bring someone to sub who currently doesn't.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
I heard they may be working on a way to vote in game. Is this how they plan on doing the Roadmap voting?

That way they would at least be getting votes from people that actually play the game. Probably would get less troll voting that way.

Though they would not get as good of an input on what would bring someone to sub who currently doesn't.
Well you have a lot of people quot, you would still want their vote. I would say their vote is more important then the people still playing even now with the current state of the game.

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
Yeah, I can see both points.

There are surely to be more troll type votes if they leave it wide open.

But non subbed players will have an opportunity to voice what would possibly make it more worth a sub for them.

I just don't want them to have a vote during a stream and say that is what the community voted for.

That is probably more limited than having it only accessible to people that currently have subs.

With a much better opportunity for trolls to have a major influence as well.

But it is what it is.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yeah, I can see both points.

There are surely to be more troll type votes if they leave it wide open.

But non subbed players will have an opportunity to voice what would possibly make it more worth a sub for them.

I just don't want them to have a vote during a stream and say that is what the community voted for.

That is probably more limited than having it only accessible to people that currently have subs.

With a much better opportunity for trolls to have a major influence as well.

But it is what it is.
Doesnt matter, MO2 is not a mmo. Its just a private server that you know have to pay a sub to play a janky mess.

We had a vote for next magic school and staff magic won. But two magic schools later and we still dont have it.

Your vote doesnt matter Henrik will choose what they do next.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Doesnt matter, MO2 is not a mmo. Its just a private server that you know have to pay a sub to play a janky mess.

We had a vote for next magic school and staff magic won. But two magic schools later and we still dont have it.

thats true lmao mages wanted a way to stay relevant when it came to melee situations and we ended up with elementalism , wich is great but a little bit overtuned graphicly and mechanicly. Looks amazing but at what cost? maybe im wrong from saying that i just figure particle effecs have a huge cost and elementalism has ALOT of particles... i could be wrong.

Reactions: Amadman and Gnidex

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.

I agree with this. They most likely have already put work into some of the things on the list. Even if its just art.

Not so much on the MMO and private server part. Many mmo games have single server pops around that of MO2.

Also MO2 is a game on its own. It is not a copy of a game hosted separately on a persons server.

You play it here or you do not play it.

Jethub

Dec 1, 2021

T, curious as to why you say it is not an MMO? I have not played a bunch, but a handful over my lifetime and I do feel this fits the bill. 900+ players in one 'world' , loads of ways to play (not just builds, but literally to play the game.. ie how you make money, how you interact with others etc.. ) and a constantly changing/improving world (as in adding things, expanding the world etc...) .

I apologize if I sound snarky but the definition for MMO is an online video game which can be played by a very large number of people simultaneously.... it def. fits that definition!!

Tzone

May 16, 2021
T, curious as to why you say it is not an MMO? I have not played a bunch, but a handful over my lifetime and I do feel this fits the bill. 900+ players in one 'world' , loads of ways to play (not just builds, but literally to play the game.. ie how you make money, how you interact with others etc.. ) and a constantly changing/improving world (as in adding things, expanding the world etc...) .

I apologize if I sound snarky but the definition for MMO is an online video game which can be played by a very large number of people simultaneously.... it def. fits that definition!!
Because its ran like a private server where the players are at the whems of the owner and how they twist the rules.

Been fucked over and seen a lot of people fucked over by managment of the game.

No clear rules to the game, they let cheaters, exploiters, and people who trick gms into deleting structures of enemys play. While just banning others for petty non sense like crashing in a dungeon.

Just a private server, not a professional game.

Reactions: Gnidex

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Because its ran like a private server where the players are at the whems of the owner and how they twist the rules.

Been fucked over and seen a lot of people fucked over by managment of the game.

No clear rules to the game, they let cheaters, exploiters, and people who trick gms into deleting structures of enemys play. While just banning others for petty non sense like crashing in a dungeon.

Just a private server, not a professional game.
Pretty much this, it's a rich guy and his friend that just happens to know how to program, making a "game" from cobbled up assets so that the rich guy can have a "following". It's not even about making a good game since none of the two dudes involved with it actually play it.

Just think about it, would anyone with any level of professional respect for his work ship content in the state SV ships it?