Riding question...

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
I am aware that if the mount or pet dies you lose it and agree with that policy. BUT - if my char dies the mount nor pet respawns with you. In the case of using the home button you might be the other side of the map and thereby cannot go back and get your mount from where you died. What is the point in lvlling pets and mounts if you lose them if you die ? Surely you can see that the pet or mount should respawn with you at priest if it is still alive after you die - thereby is this just a beta thing ?

LilLordFontleroy

Nov 28, 2020
I am aware that if the mount or pet dies you lose it and agree with that policy. BUT - if my char dies the mount nor pet respawns with you. In the case of using the home button you might be the other side of the map and thereby cannot go back and get your mount from where you died. What is the point in lvlling pets and mounts if you lose them if you die ? Surely you can see that the pet or mount should respawn with you at priest if it is still alive after you die - thereby is this just a beta thing ?

Pet/mount is separate from your character so it doesn't automatically die when you die or respawn with you if you die, and when the pet/horse dies it dies and doesn't respawn. Usually when you die you just walk back to the closest Priest which would be nearest to where you died, then once resurrected you can go find your mount if it's still alive. Even if you log out with your mount summoned your mount will still exist in the world without you logged in (and can be attacked or killed)...the animals are real entities in this game and that is part of the ideology of the whole game design.

grilo

Aug 12, 2020
well whats the point on crafting if items brake?... dude sereously im not trying to insult you, but this is not the type of game you are thinking off... why not go to black desert or something like that if thats what turns your gears... i have to play this on launch because if this trend continues it will be like wow BC to wow WOTLK all over again... everyone celebrating the new features where you can play the game without even leaving town, while i was mourning the death of my favourite game at the time...

Reactions: Meos and BongRips

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
People never think of the unintended consequences.

Mine in GK and fill horse, suicide and run to safe town, revive and ur horse is there with all the loot.

See how this idea is flawed?

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
You learn very quickly in MO to safeguard your mount at all times so that it doesn’t get killed. If you die, most of the time you will try and run to the closest priest so that you can go back to your loot quickly. If you positioned your horse safely it will still be there.

keep your mount close, keep it safe, and don’t forget to feed it 😉

Meos

Dec 20, 2020
Don't die. Don't let your pet die. I mean, it's the same for your gear, pet's are no different in that respect. Why would they be?

Reactions: BongRips