Rework PK System please

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
Hey,

as it has been dicussed quite a lot in the beginning, i at least think after all this time it needs a decent reminer.
After all this months the current PK system is still not really in a state i'd say - it's working decent and even reporting is still having issues half the time. BH system doesn't do anything in it's current form and the so called consquences for being a PK is basically easy mode.
i bet this vocal minority will flame all over it but full loot sandbox is well and all but being the bad guy should have some consquences so that not every honk will jump anyone right outside any city as it doesn't matter at all. if this doesn't change for the "rerelease" it will just get ugly.

on the other hand there is still no zones were there is pvp without consequences which is direly needed as well.

At lease change the following please, should be way higher prio as TC or UE5 as every full loot sandbox game needs to have the PK system as a core system well fleshed out and rock solid if you ask me.

1) Create Zones with different settings basically taking empire, low sec and 0.0 as a draft from eve. no need to invent new when this has proven over years and years to be the ideal solution to most issues in full loot games.
  • Empire = a player with a bad standing in that zone (like khurite area) is red and attackable from anyone, anytime without a standing hit, going grey etc... there should be guard towers, patrols and it should generally be a safer zone - should be somewhat reasonable areas around and between cities. the standing hit if you kill someone there should be a lot higher than anywhere else tho surely still possible.
  • Low sec = still attached to the "empire zone" so it takes it's standing (like khurite area), reds still appear red and can be attacked but the standing hit should be less than in empire space if you kill someone, hardly any guards if at all - basically the outskirts of an "ruled" area.
  • 0.0 = Everyone is grey, ffa pvp, only guild/alliance standing show in colour, no penalties -> should be all dungeon outside city areas and areas that are highly profitable whatever you see fit for this
2) PK penalty should apply on kill depending on the zone you are in and not the priest you spawn (basically after all this months it's still not working to report when reviving over node lines or what not). has been said for immersion and what not... i mean we respawn, talk to the locals, they know who was bad following the lore, right? it should logically be like: one lives out of let's say meduli and harrasses ppl around bakti - he is blue in meduli, red when entering bakti for his bad standing over there.

3) Gameplay > Immersion at least in some regards so please add an icon that shows in which zone you are in, show the rules when you hover over it and also add a marker that shows if a player has a high standing in a zone so you know beforehand of attacking someone

4) High standing in let's say khurite would give way higher penalty for the PK if he attacks you zones where you get a standing hit.

5) Give us an Option to show guild name before rendering playername - 99% i don't care which person i encounter but which guild he is in.

6) For those that choose be the bad guy all over the map and don't want to live out of any normal city, add guards to the PK cities that will attack if there is aggression in the city - if you don't put in guards there you could basically just remove these cities as even going full mode PK you need a place to live out as an option besides your house.

7) Add Options to the BH system so you can choose an area that you want to work in - it's just sad for such a good system to go without use as it's 99% just riding across the whole map to find your target logged out *yay*

8) After a new PK system focus on TC ^^

i am still enjoying mortal a lot but it has been bugging me for so long that the PK system is just not where it should be and from what i can tell this drives away a lot of players and yes MO2 is harsh and should be but as it is with the internet you need some rules and consequences that matter or well...you know the rest :)

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
Yeah, PK system is terrible, and it has seen basically no change since the "release" apart from this shallow BH attempt and dueling added. I don't think the devs understand how awful the system is and how much better it could be as they are clearly not prioritizing changing it. Just adding more unfinished systems on top of previous unfinished systems.

Your ideas sound reasonable solutions, it makes no sense to be a ruthless killer in a world where everybody just kills everyone on sight anyways, you are not special in any way, it's just the only thing that is sensible to do. No one will really know if you have killed 1000 or 5 players, and as long as you keep running parcels it impacts your gameplay marginally only.

Xenom

Feb 23, 2022
Yeah, PK system is terrible, and it has seen basically no change since the "release" apart from this shallow BH attempt and dueling added. I don't think the devs understand how awful the system is and how much better it could be as they are clearly not prioritizing changing it. Just adding more unfinished systems on top of previous unfinished systems.

Your ideas sound reasonable solutions, it makes no sense to be a ruthless killer in a world where everybody just kills everyone on sight anyways, you are not special in any way, it's just the only thing that is sensible to do. No one will really know if you have killed 1000 or 5 players, and as long as you keep running parcels it impacts your gameplay marginally only.

we can just hope they do, it at least was mentioned somewhere in the streams that there will be a rework meanwhile. i just hope they know how important it would be for the game and to prioritize it as such *looking out for a roadmap* :)

i mean a game like mortal needs the bad guys for sure and it should be a perfectly viable way to play but with consequences that really impact the way you can play. right now it's just basically the opposite of how it should be...being the good guy is the hard way and being the ruthless killer is the easy mode with a little hassle to run parcels. tho half the time you can't be reported anyways and no matter the standing you get a hit of 1 *yay* ^^ in the end you still hang out in the cities with all the PK shining blue all over :)