Revert/Adjust the High Ping kick system

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
I can't even enjoy crafting before getting the boot after a few minutes ingame.

Us high-ping players are always going to get packet-loss at times even if it's routing from Australia > Europe, An adjustment needs to be made.
Either remove the high ping kick or Upscale it to a higher amount because at this stage we may aswell not play with all these changes which are pushing us away.

I just want to craft..

Handsome Young Man

Jun 13, 2020
No.

I'll tell you why, as well. I have many friends who played MO1 and were Australian, and I can say right now they among oriental players had some of the most god awful pings I have ever seen which lead to horrendous latency issues in-game. You need to understand that MO1 had to have it's own term for combat knowledge called 'prediction' due to how bad the ping would be for some players. The server had to 'predict' your next movements, and in essence players abused the system greatly to trick other game-clients into thinking it was doing one thing but actually doing another.

I'm not saying exclude Australian players, but I don't really understand how we're supposed to have a skill-based game if all pings are allowed to fly. Sure, could it be raised since this is a Combat Alpha and not the persistent release? Of course it could. But doesn't it also, for the others unlike you who don't want to craft but try out the combat, give themselves and other players the wrong impressions of the system which may lead to bad feedback on both sides?

It's a double edged sword, I feel like if your ping is super high and unstable; then maybe arrange for better internet or consider living somewhere that doesn't have terrible internet infrastructure. Harsh words, I want all the Australians to play to - we just don't have the technology and ISP backbone capable of global gaming yet with little to no issues.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
Calm down, tarkov also does this and it works.
maybe your last mile to your house is just shit.
even i on the countryside of germany near the mountains with no civilisation have a 200-260 ping to sydney. thats on the other end of the world. WTF were are you living man. that is 16334km away form me WTF, you doing something wrong or your country in building internet cables.

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
My ping is 290-330, I have NBN.
State: NSW

I don't live in the middle of nowhere besides ofcourse living in australia.

I was fortune to get ingame awhile ago with a fluctuating ping of 290 - 340, Monitored my packages and it had said it didn't dropped so maybe i got lucky this time but still...Packet loss can happen out of nowhere sometimes and to keep this method may cause issues in the future for all high ping users.

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
No? High-ping players should get a long time it takes till the packet reaches, but no packet-loss. If you get packet-loss clearly something is fucked up with your internet.

Informative.

I've done several more tests while monitoring latency and packets, These times they all worked without issues (no drops) from what i can see.

Unless the ISP was having issues at the time or it was a bad case of luck of it happening a few times in a row.

Other then that If packet-loss is the root killer in the end, Laptop/wireless players are screwed even if they have low ping.

Reactions: Speznat and Rhias

Rolufe

Jun 1, 2020
Informative.

I've done several more tests while monitoring latency and packets, These times they all worked without issues (no drops) from what i can see.

Unless the ISP was having issues at the time or it was a bad case of luck of it happening a few times in a row.

Other then that If packet-loss is the root killer in the end, Laptop/wireless players are screwed even if they have low ping.
Yeap this is why Henrik tells everyone to get proper internet while playing a internet game :D Wireless is very bad stuff:(

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I haven’t been booted on wireless, but this isn’t even my final form. My pc waits for the right time to strike

Reactions: PatWins

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I can't even enjoy crafting before getting the boot after a few minutes ingame.

Us high-ping players are always going to get packet-loss at times even if it's routing from Australia > Europe, An adjustment needs to be made.
Either remove the high ping kick or Upscale it to a higher amount because at this stage we may aswell not play with all these changes which are pushing us away.

I just want to craft..

I have the exact same problem, can't play the game at all right now because I get kicked within seconds after entering the world.

Eldrath

Jun 18, 2020
the Jungle. Meditating on things to come.
Sorry only EU allowed

I´m EU and I got autokicked. Can you stop being full of shit?

On the OT I think they might want to introduce a refund policy for this. Buying a game and then not being able to play at all is a big deal. Players should know what they are getting into.

If you have bad internet (it´s not only high ping but paketloss) you might not be able to play MO2. That´s the reality of this.