Return quick/spam attacks

• Yes

Votes: 7 77.8%
  • No

Votes: 2 22.2%

• Total voters

Tzone

May 16, 2021
People may know them as spam attack and to be more fair I will say quick/spam attacks in the poll.

IDK anyone who thought or called them spam attacks.

But what I am talking about are the timed click attacks. After last patch you do no damage untill you hold a charge past 20% from what I understand so far.
They removes from the tool box a ability for higher level gameplay to get around parry/blocks. They were still parriable but make people have to react more, if you block a quick attack then your next attack would be full damage with a damage reduction vs their lower powered quick attack.

Now the game is more focused on parries, holding blocks, not taking initiative, and holding attacks for very long time.

I think over all it make the game slower as people have no incentive to take initiative. People hold attacks for a very long time instead now because people will just hold the block when they see players charging.

Honestly with how many people not liking it I thought they would hotfix revert it.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
Some corrections:
  • Damage is now completely linear. With each percent charged it increases your damage by the same amount. E.g. you start gaining damage at the same rate from 1% through to 100% (+20% if you hold charge until it flashes)
  • The time it takes to charge from 0-100% is more or less exponential. Starts slower then ramps to full speed. This is the "curve" feeling you get when charging.
  • You can still do damage from 1-20%. You can test this on target dummies.
  • If I've got you completely wrong and you're referring to the quick attack after parrying, this seems to be a bug and not intentionally nerfed. You are still able to parry, click once and get a full power swing. I've tested this and it does work. It's just not as reliable as it used to be since the patch and it's almost as though the server hasn't recognised the parry and told your client you can do a quick swing, so assume it's a bug.
I'm on the fence as to whether or not this mechanic should return (could you add an 'Unsure' to your poll haha) but based on the intent of the developers, seems unlikely to return. Perhaps someone should ask Henrik as to why in the next stream?

Last edited:

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Perhaps someone should ask Henrik as to why in the next stream?
If I had to guess, being able to quickly quarter or half charge tap with certain heavier weapons was probably not intended.

Reactions: Woody

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Only care about miss penalty but voted yes to show support for the brothers and sisters.