Reputation System

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
Currently your only option to gain reputation is to do plainly spoken boring delievery tasks between cities, that reward very little reputation. On top of that actually having a bad reputation makes it very difficult to regain it, since you would need to travel vom Kranesh to Gaul´kor to fullfill these missions.

I understand that there needs to be some kind of anti-murdering mechanism, nontheless this simply demotivates people to PvP. There should be more ways out in the wilderness to gain reputation and increase the current gain.

At the moment 6 murders might already be enough to be in negative standing with a faction. There could be an argument made as well about if you kil someone out in the wilderness, far away from a guarded city, that you shouldnt lose reputation at all.

Reactions: Jatix and Dracu

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Last night, I flagged on someone pretty far from a town. Then when I got to the town, I had lost my criminal flag for probably ~5 minutes at that point, but a guard saw me as I got near and came out after me. And I lost rep. My Rep was 2 at that point. So I ran away from town (to not die), and then some time later I saw the lost rep message again as I was near town- I don't know what guard was peeping at me from behind the city walls, but I was AGAIN BLUE when that happened. By the night's end I was negative rep and not allowed in any khurite town because as a blue player I was getting 'targetted' by guards.

Imagine this rep system in persistence. You could easily lose 5 rep from a bugged guard that won't de-aggro you. I've heard that relogging doesn't fix the issue, and I thought that going so far away you couldn't even see the city might fix it, but evidently not. Killing 1 blue player, even if you hit them by accident and they kill themselves to ruin your rep, could be all you need to be banned from a city.

Reactions: Branjolf

Branjolf

May 22, 2021
Last night, I flagged on someone pretty far from a town. Then when I got to the town, I had lost my criminal flag for probably ~5 minutes at that point, but a guard saw me as I got near and came out after me. And I lost rep. My Rep was 2 at that point. So I ran away from town (to not die), and then some time later I saw the lost rep message again as I was near town- I don't know what guard was peeping at me from behind the city walls, but I was AGAIN BLUE when that happened. By the night's end I was negative rep and not allowed in any khurite town because as a blue player I was getting 'targetted' by guards.

Imagine this rep system in persistence. You could easily lose 5 rep from a bugged guard that won't de-aggro you. I've heard that relogging doesn't fix the issue, and I thought that going so far away you couldn't even see the city might fix it, but evidently not. Killing 1 blue player, even if you hit them by accident and they kill themselves to ruin your rep, could be all you need to be banned from a city.

Sounds like a nice system indeed.

On top of that i remember the time when you could earn reputation by slaying risars. I felt like that was a decent way of gaining reputation points, since even then lots of people didnt bother farming them since it was too time consuming.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
There could be an argument made as well about if you kil someone out in the wilderness, far away from a guarded city, that you shouldnt lose reputation at all.
This. If they dont get rid of this bad flagging system, this has to be added. In its current state, pvp just really isnt a viable option for anyone who doesnt want to be full red and live out of TC. The time it takes to get standing back, isnt even clsoe to worth it. Its full red or dont pvp. Which is not how it should be. Fighting in enemy territory, or out in the middle of nowhere, shouldnt be able to lose standing in your home territory.

Theres so many ways they could have actually made this standing system good. Like if you had to pick a faction, and it said players faction under their name similar to guilds. And they could only give a standing loss with that faction. So you could fight enemy faction players. But that would have promoted pvp, which SV isnt going for, in their open pvp game. So we end up with the half baked concoction that is MO2 standing, which does nothing but defeat the point in the game while failing to protect nubs (which was its single goal).

Reactions: Branjolf and Dracu