Reporting Exploits

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
I tried to report an exploit that I'm sure a lot of players will be abusing just because of the amount of deniability they can have in the situation, I put in an ingame ticket, messaged the GMs on Discord and put a message in public Discord with an @admin, I waited about an hour and no one got back to me, this is pretty unacceptable as I feel that exploits, dupes and cheating of any form should be a pretty high priority at this stage of the game.

(This was not a hacusation, it was something that happened to me which could be exploited to be game breaking)

The point of this thread is that my feedback on the GMs that take care of this sort of thing need to take these things more seriously and at a higher priority we aren't in Beta anymore I shouldn't have to wait around for over an hour to help you do your job.

No one wants to play a game where cheaters are running rampant.

Ps Wall of Shame, do it, you know you want to.

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
Development studios typically have a QA team which takes and handles reports of exploits and technical issues so they can test and reproduce said issues, so they can be noted and patched. Not sure SV has a QA team. We don't even exactly know how much developers SV has, those labelled in discord don't reflect their total count.

Reactions: Bicorps

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Development studios typically have a QA team which takes and handles reports of exploits and technical issues so they can test and reproduce said issues, so they can be noted and patched. Not sure SV has a QA team. We don't even exactly know how much developers SV has, those labelled in discord don't reflect their total count.
Henrik said in December that they had no QA, maybe it has changed but the GM section of SV has always been horrible about this stuff and will almost never reply. That is the fault of the lead gm. Other GMs are more receptive.

Wall of shame doesnt do anything about most of the cheaters. Most of the time its burner accounts cheating to make real money. You just need to make the price of entry high enough that its not profitable to RMT in this game. Other ways is to increase the time required to get a account up and running so it takes longer for a RMT to start making money with a account.

After that then you can start looking into feel good things like wall of shame.

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
I tryed to report a few exploits but GMs on discord have personal messages disabled.
I cant add video files to the ingame bug report and nobody answered my direct messages to SV staff on the forums but since they dont even update patch notes on here anymore i think nobody ever saw my reports.
So much for Henriks statement about zero tolerance of exploiters, its zero punishment for exploiters instead

Last edited:

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Long story short they don't really care on whats going on rn, this is it. I wouldn't expect them to deal with dupers or hacks to be honest, its the way it goes. Some people will still play with the game's rules and others will bypass them but the competitive nature of the game is long gone.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I tryed to report a few exploits but GMs on discord have personal messages disabled.
I cant add video files to the ingame bug report and nobody answered my direct messages to SV staff on the forums but since they dont even update patch notes on here anymore i think nobody ever saw my reports.
So much for Henriks statement about zero tolerance of exploiters, its zero punishment for exploiters instead

they are so intolerable that he can't even stand imagining them ;)

But yea all games of this size/nature have hax n exploits. It sucks more in MO because of loss, but it seems most of the hack stuff has to do with gain instead.

RE: OP, I imagine they already know is why they didn't respond.

Def impossible to stop hax/exploits/dupes, but dudes who do stuff should be getting blasted and SV needs to have a really good record of logs. There is so much mundane shit happening, you'd think they would be able to log only things that are slightly anomalous. Even if it was only 1 day's worth and they had a 'value' on people's banks and could put that against the 24 hours later value of their bank (eventually someone is gonna have to bank the shit), then investigate extreme changes. "How u end up with a new stack of gold" etc. I imagine SV has SOME ability to stop SOMETHING because people do get banned, but the basic idea is to come up with a formula that can filter a good amount of the people out and then count on the community for the rest, or that the people will keep doing it and get caught in the filter the second or third time. Even if the filter is only running at 2/3rds or w/e, that's DECENT.

Crime is gonna happen. SV doesn't have the ability to hire police, per se, but they should have some ability to pick out extremely strange stuff without people having to report it. I mean, there have already been game breaking bugs exploited, that everyone knows about haha. So... it iz wut it iz.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
they are so intolerable that he can't even stand imagining them ;)

But yea all games of this size/nature have hax n exploits. It sucks more in MO because of loss, but it seems most of the hack stuff has to do with gain instead.

RE: OP, I imagine they already know is why they didn't respond.

Def impossible to stop hax/exploits/dupes, but dudes who do stuff should be getting blasted and SV needs to have a really good record of logs. There is so much mundane shit happening, you'd think they would be able to log only things that are slightly anomalous. Even if it was only 1 day's worth and they had a 'value' on people's banks and could put that against the 24 hours later value of their bank (eventually someone is gonna have to bank the shit), then investigate extreme changes. "How u end up with a new stack of gold" etc. I imagine SV has SOME ability to stop SOMETHING because people do get banned, but the basic idea is to come up with a formula that can filter a good amount of the people out and then count on the community for the rest, or that the people will keep doing it and get caught in the filter the second or third time. Even if the filter is only running at 2/3rds or w/e, that's DECENT.

Crime is gonna happen. SV doesn't have the ability to hire police, per se, but they should have some ability to pick out extremely strange stuff without people having to report it. I mean, there have already been game breaking bugs exploited, that everyone knows about haha. So... it iz wut it iz.
its not impossible, they just need to do some very basic security measures, some scripts that activate redflags and should do the trick. But its something they are not aware how to do, and we know they won't hire anyone that does know how to do shit. So they are deciding not to do anything about it.

Reactions: Archiel and Finnley

Finnley

Jul 8, 2020
There are so many things that they can do that would help identify exploits/hacks
  • track abnormally fast player location change (ignore Z axis to counter falling), if anomaly occours check player speed vs calculated max speed based on attributes.
  • track abnormal player locations, under/above the mesh (would help if the map did not have that many holes)
  • track and store gold per day value sold to vendor
  • track and store gold per day value from and to the veredari
  • track and store high tier metal refined per day
  • track and store high tier materials extracted per day
  • make bosses not spawn if theres less than 3? people in the bossroom

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
its not impossible, they just need to do some very basic security measures, some scripts that activate redflags and should do the trick.

There are so many things that they can do that would help identify exploits/hacks
  • track abnormally fast player location change (ignore Z axis to counter falling), if anomaly occours check player speed vs calculated max speed based on attributes.
  • track abnormal player locations, under/above the mesh (would help if the map did not have that many holes)
  • track and store gold per day value sold to vendor
  • track and store gold per day value from and to the veredari
  • track and store high tier metal refined per day
  • track and store high tier materials extracted per day
  • make bosses not spawn if theres less than 3? people in the bossroom

Agree and agree! I hope they work something out, but like I said right now they are in 'our game isn't even working as intended' mode, so I wouldn't count on any of it any time soon. I do hope they get it in check if/when they finally get us all on the same server.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Agree and agree! I hope they work something out, but like I said right now they are in 'our game isn't even working as intended' mode, so I wouldn't count on any of it any time soon. I do hope they get it in check if/when they finally get us all on the same server.
Everyone knows the game ain't working as intended and they do shit like remove clade reset option but they don't make their own login database, idk i just see a piss poor use of development not addressing their priorities.

House decoration???

Then u see their patch notes and they add some random "fixes" that are a lie and pretend updates are better than they actually are.

DingoLogic

Apr 7, 2022
In anticipation of the bounty system/patch - a suggestion for the GM's dealing with any guild harboring cheaters or dupers..short of outright bans on suspicions.. you could road-test the bounty system by posting bounties on those guilds. Curious thought and suggestion that might bear interesting results.