Rep loss on horse kill.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
Its very annoying that people are allowed to kill your horse and run without rep loss. It adds nothing to gameplay.
Needs to be rep loss on horse kill, and rep loss on murder. Some way to make it only count 1 rep for either the horse only kill, or the horse and player kill

• Haha
Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Yeah been saying this for a year but they won't change it. You either play the game and exploit and f*ck people over as much as you can or you quit

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
Yeah been saying this for a year but they won't change it. You either play the game and exploit and f*ck people over as much as you can or you quit
literally got people killing horses and evading crim, to get hit by the player they griefed then running into town, then killing themselves. This crim system is the worst ive ever saw in a game before

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I believe this was fixed, according to the previous patch 1.0.0.13:
  • You can now rightfully defend against a player & player pets if they attack you or your pets.
A player or their pet that attacks you or your pet would technically flag them grey, would it not?

Last edited:
Reactions: Najwalaylah

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
  • You can now rightfully defend against a player & player pets if they attack you or your pets.
A player or their pet that attacks you or your pet would technically flag them grey, would it not?
they are talking about when you are out of town and someone driveby shoots your horse. We should not penalize people for this. It sucks but its just not something we should be punishing with a rep loss.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
you let me know when you can catch a veela after they killed your horse from 100 feet away

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
they are talking about when you are out of town and someone driveby shoots your horse. We should not penalize people for this. It sucks but its just not something we should be punishing with a rep loss.
lol so youre telling me it shouldnt cost rep for someone killing a 5-10g tame? By that logic, i shjouldnt get rep loss for murdering someone. You know destruction of property is a thing. The point is people arent doing this to pvp, They kill the horse, dont fight, dont loot. Just kill the horse and run away. Thats why there should be rep loss, you shouldnt be allowed to do criminal things without repercussions.

Fisher(Sath)

Apr 6, 2021
lol so youre telling me it shouldnt cost rep for someone killing a 5-10g tame? By that logic, i shjouldnt get rep loss for murdering someone. You know destruction of property is a thing. The point is people arent doing this to pvp, They kill the horse, dont fight, dont loot. Just kill the horse and run away. Thats why there should be rep loss, you shouldnt be allowed to do criminal things without repercussions.
How do you propose we kill a player without killing the pet first then? Because thats the meta right now. horses die first then foot fighting/archery. im not gonna let you run around on your horse until i kill you.

You are telling us its ok to gank players and kill their horses if we fight and kill them too, but think we should be punished for killing the horses too? Just because some rats did this to you doesn't mean you need to make open world pvp even worse to do. Adding a rep loss to pet kills punishes the normal players too. That is why it should not be added. The rep loss in town for turning crim is good enough.

To end, you can only blame yourself if you are out roaming alone and someone finds it funny to blast your horse and ride off. Get friends or just accept that its part of the game that assholes are assholes.

POMEH

Jan 30, 2022
Russian
www.youtube.com
I just now did like one player adviced me and it works.
Bastard killed my bear near the town. I faster come to the bank and putted all stuff there. Then came to walking deads and die from they. When I ressurected I decreased that grey bastard reputation. It works like he killed me. Very soon I made a video how it works. Do the same!

Draef

Mar 7, 2022
Instead of a rep loss or any change to criminal status, could we instead get a small red horse head symbol next to the name of any player who makes a killing blow against any tamed horse? a symbol that lasts for a good 4+ hours?

The idea being that while there is no actual direct loss, those of us who love horses can still treat horse murderers as we see fit, hunt them down and take the criminal status if we so desire.

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia

This is abit mis-leading, I've seen multiple instances where if a tamer has a horse and another pet, and someone attacks said horse of the player.
The tamer than sicks the pet on the attackee whom attacked the horse, That person can then place a MC on the attacking pet thus transferring it to the owner.

In short, Tamers horse gets attacked by crim, They sent out their attack pet (Blue) against the person which if killed they can report a murder/rep-loss.

It's griefers galore at this point and people are utilizing it well.

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
This is abit mis-leading, I've seen multiple instances where if a tamer has a horse and another pet, and someone attacks said horse of the player.
The tamer than sicks the pet on the attackee whom attacked the horse, That person can then place a MC on the attacking pet thus transferring it to the owner.

In short, Tamers horse gets attacked by crim, They sent out their attack pet (Blue) against the person which if killed they can report a murder/rep-loss.

It's griefers galore at this point and people are utilizing it well.
How does this work, Isn't the attacker already gray by this point?

RaptorBlackz

Sep 4, 2020
Australia
How does this work, Isn't the attacker already gray by this point?
Yes the attacker is LOCAL-Grey on hitting an animal as per the new mechanic, Then the other pet comes in (Blue) hitting the supposed BLUE thus the MC is delivered.

Only the pet which is hit and the player is local grey, The other pet would see the person as Blue by technical standpoints.

Can also happen if you're a Murderer with a timer, Blue hits your horse, local-grey defend yourself, Sick your other pet which will be GREY and then you receive a MC.

Actually pretty messed up.

Last edited:
Reactions: CrgHck

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Its very annoying that people are allowed to kill your horse and run without rep loss. It adds nothing to gameplay.
Needs to be rep loss on horse kill, and rep loss on murder. Some way to make it only count 1 rep for either the horse only kill, or the horse and player kill

Two words for you, self awareness.

How is it horse killing an exploit, what i see is people neglecting their pets instead of putting them in safe places and taking good care of em. One dies, fine learn from it, 2nd dies and its on you, don't come bitch on the forums.
You guys are fast for blaming players but forget to mention you afk with your horse out facing a town gate.

Defend yourself and if you are unable to then go out with friends and if you don't have any then take side roads to avoid conflict. Idk what to tell you...

Instead of a rep loss or any change to criminal status, could we instead get a small red horse head symbol next to the name of any player who makes a killing blow against any tamed horse? a symbol that lasts for a good 4+ hours?

The idea being that while there is no actual direct loss, those of us who love horses can still treat horse murderers as we see fit, hunt them down and take the criminal status if we so desire.

NO, why would you want to add more extra-diegetic ingame mechanics, i think you need to learn how to judge other players in the wilderness.

Yes the attacker is LOCAL-Grey on hitting an animal as per the new mechanic, Then the other pet comes in (Blue) hitting the supposed BLUE thus the MC is delivered.

Only the pet which is hit and the player is local grey, The other pet would see the person as Blue by technical standpoints.

Can also happen if you're a Murderer with a timer, Blue hits your horse, local-grey defend yourself, Sick your other pet which will be GREY and then you receive a MC.

Actually pretty messed up.

nonono, i think you are confused. Local grey is a status thats for blues that attack a grey dude. If a dude comes and attacks you (blue) he will be flagged grey and if you hit back u gonna be local grey for him but it won't matter.

Last edited:

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021

How is it horse killing an exploit, what i see is people neglecting their pets instead of putting them in safe places and taking good care of em. One dies, fine learn from it, 2nd dies and its on you, don't come bitch on the forums.
You guys are fast for blaming players but forget to mention you afk with your horse out facing a town gate.

Defend yourself and if you are unable to then go out with friends and if you don't have any then take side roads to avoid conflict. Idk what to tell you...

NO, why would you want to add more extra-diegetic ingame mechanics, i think you need to learn how to judge other players in the wilderness.

nonono, i think you are confused. Local grey is a status thats for blues that attack a grey dude. If a dude comes and attacks you (blue) he will be flagged grey and if you hit back u gonna be local grey for him but it won't matter.

🧂

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021

!. self awareness doesnt matter in this instance, yes i saw him.
2. Cant catch an MA after theyve 2 shot your horse and ran off.
3. Why do i get rep loss on killing someone if becoming a criminal and comitting a crime doesnt matter?

The problem is people like this guy think its okay to shoot a tame with a bow then run from the fight, not looting, or fighting the player and not having repercussion for comitting a crime.

Idgaf who you are, if someone kills your horse and theyre on horse back, youre not catching them.

Kurbb

Sep 13, 2021
How do you propose we kill a player without killing the pet first then? Because thats the meta right now. horses die first then foot fighting/archery. im not gonna let you run around on your horse until i kill you.

You are telling us its ok to gank players and kill their horses if we fight and kill them too, but think we should be punished for killing the horses too? Just because some rats did this to you doesn't mean you need to make open world pvp even worse to do. Adding a rep loss to pet kills punishes the normal players too. That is why it should not be added. The rep loss in town for turning crim is good enough.

To end, you can only blame yourself if you are out roaming alone and someone finds it funny to blast your horse and ride off. Get friends or just accept that its part of the game that assholes are assholes.
you should be punished for killing a tame, literally if i came to your house and killed your dog, id be in some trouble id think.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
!. self awareness doesnt matter in this instance, yes i saw him.
2. Cant catch an MA after theyve 2 shot your horse and ran off.
3. Why do i get rep loss on killing someone if becoming a criminal and comitting a crime doesnt matter?

The problem is people like this guy think its okay to shoot a tame with a bow then run from the fight, not looting, or fighting the player and not having repercussion for comitting a crime.

Idgaf who you are, if someone kills your horse and theyre on horse back, youre not catching them.

First of all why would you get your horse killed, thats an awareness issue.

Then yeah people can gank your horse and run away, why not. If you can't catch em or don't have measures against mounted then you gotta choose where you play to try and minimize risk.

Killing someone and their pet counts as a report scenario which means standing loss and murdercount increment. I don't consider its fair to give a murdercount or standing loss just by killing a pet.

you should be punished for killing a tame, literally if i came to your house and killed your dog, id be in some trouble id think.

In a civilized world where theres law and whitnesses that can prove that actually happened yes. It would be fantastic to have an alive player report system but we got a shitty flag and punishment system based on ghostmode reporting which sucks ass.