Remove Worn Short Sword (add a replacement system)

Remove worn short swords

• Yes and add the rusty weapon system

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Yes but no new system

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • No

Votes: 10 32.3%
  • results

Votes: 1 3.2%

• Total voters

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Again, the problem here, is the priest.

It's not at all off-topic. This whole thread is about starter weapons. Maybe if you want to have a discussion about priests and accuse people who are talking about starter weapons of being off-topic, you should make a thread about priests instead of trying to hijack a thread about starter weapons.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
It's not at all off-topic dumbass. This whole thread is about starter weapons. How the hell is a post entirely about starter weapons more off-topic than some braindead response about priests? Maybe if you want to have a discussion about priests and accuse people who are talking about starter weapons of being off-topic, you should make a thread about priests instead of trying to hijack a thread about starter weapons.
That how things go when they don't read OP ...
OP talked about a priest exploit problem ... and he thought the solution was the removal or soulbound starter sword ...
He has the right to be wrong! Removal of starter weapon won't change the free infinite respawn killing horses & whatnot.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
It's really not. The game only requires the blocking skill to mitigate most damage. A good player can flawless people with the worn short sword. Winning with no investment. It's the cheesiest zero to hero in any game.

I was in JC with just a worn short sword when this guy rolls in with a horse while in full reptile merc plate and a steel sword. I killed the guy and his horse while I was naked with a worn short sword. Now be euro, and be good at the game, you can never lose.
whether you had paid for your sword 20s or not, or crafted a quick 0 skill sword with bone tissue around, the result would have been the same.
If you remove soulbound sword, you will adapt your griefing ... you'll just fill your bank with BETTER crap you can craft ez, to fight naked with zero risk : it solves nothing!
The problems are priests and the dumb parry system.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
I read the OP and my post was entirely pertinent to it. First off, Tzone is right. Punching horses to death is a lot harder than taking them out with a worn shorty. Secondly, his post was about changing starting weapons to make this issue less abusable. My point is while I see nothing majorly wrong with his system, I think simply removing worn shorties entirely with no replacement does nothing but good for the game.

It is the easiest fix to the problem outlined in the OP.

I do believe the respawn system needs a complete overhaul. But worn shortys are still a problem.

Reactions: Tzone

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
whether you had paid for your sword 20s or not, or crafted a quick 0 skill sword with bone tissue around, the result would have been the same.
If you remove soulbound sword, you will adapt your griefing ... you'll just fill your bank with BETTER crap you can craft ez, to fight naked with zero risk : it solves nothing!
The problems are priests and the dumb parry system.

The difference is you don't spawn with a bone tissue sword. You have to run to the bank, stop, pull it out, equip it etc.

It's SIGNIFICANTLY harder to grief that way.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Just make is so that you can't take it out of heaven with you anymore. Problem solved!

It's very good to have such a weapon as a new player in heaven. Making less damage would make it useless, there is enough useless stuff in this game.
yes in haven is fine but a lot of people have ferried across 100s of worn shorties to nave and even sell them. They would have to removed them all from nave. As soon as you leave haven it should delete.

serge

Dec 22, 2021
If they remove worn short swording people they have to also remove naked mages blowing people up. A naked mage with regs is 100x more annoying in jungle camp or kran or gk than worn short sword. The problem is not the worn short sword it's the priest placement. SV put a priest right inside jungle camp...... also mino dungeon it's so bad. Blues can just respawn forever and grief.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tzone

Raziel

Jan 30, 2021
Switzerland
If they remove worn short swording people they have also removed naked mages blowing people up. A naked mage with regs is 100x more annoying in jungle camp or kran or gk than worn short sword. The problem is not the worn short sword it's the priest placement. SV put a priest right inside jungle camp...... also mino dungeon it's so bad. Blues can just respawn forever and grief.

That’s not true I’ve griefed tons of people in jungle camp with my hybrid and I’ve never used magic to do it, I’ve used my worn short sword cause it costs me nothing.

I’ve also ported a full bank of those swords thanks to my second account. It’s just one retarded mechanic among many, was the same in MO1. The devs haven’t figured it out in 10 years don’t expect them to change anything now.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
The difference is you don't spawn with a bone tissue sword. You have to run to the bank, stop, pull it out, equip it etc.

It's SIGNIFICANTLY harder to grief that way.
nope, the griefer won't care. it's not about how fast you can kill the horses ... it's about being bored and how much time you can make people waste chasing you ... that's why it changes nothing.
Run to the bank in JC? man you just have to move 1 seconde and type /bank ... if it doesn't even work at respawn location directly (didn't try) ...

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
It's really not. The game only requires the blocking skill to mitigate most damage. A good player can flawless people with the worn short sword. Winning with no investment. It's the cheesiest zero to hero in any game.

I was in JC with just a worn short sword when this guy rolls in with a horse while in full reptile merc plate and a steel sword. I killed the guy and his horse while I was naked with a worn short sword. Now be euro, and be good at the game, you can never lose.

The WSS is also an exceptional blocking tool because of its short animations. Still, I'm not saying I could beat a good naked w/ a short sword, but I mean trading even counter reduced would be a W prol. The problem is that you can swing and go right into a block so if even if the armored guy is holding a swing, if you do it right you can still get it off. If not, tho, you get popped. As we know in MO the only time you are truly vulnerable is during a swing animation.

Ironically, the WSS is not OP.. it's just annoying. If it was truly OP, you would think people would make better 1h shorties and dominate people. Bein naked = more dmg thru parry, parrying with WSS = more dmg thru parry.

serge

Dec 22, 2021
That’s not true I’ve griefed tons of people in jungle camp with my hybrid and I’ve never used magic to do it, I’ve used my worn short sword cause it costs me nothing.

I’ve also ported a full bank of those swords thanks to my second account. It’s just one retarded mechanic among many, was the same in MO1. The devs haven’t figured it out in 10 years don’t expect them to change anything now.

You do no damage to anyone in proper gear with worn short sword naked you just trade when they swing and they dead....... meanwhile naked rat mage can kill ppl in steel.

• Haha
Reactions: Deleted member 44

Tzone

May 16, 2021
If they remove worn short swording people they have to also remove naked mages blowing people up. A naked mage with regs is 100x more annoying in jungle camp or kran or gk than worn short sword. The problem is not the worn short sword it's the priest placement. SV put a priest right inside jungle camp...... also mino dungeon it's so bad. Blues can just respawn forever and grief.
The dungeon preist are going away so its one step better to a better spawning system.

Kaquenqos

May 3, 2022
I didn't vote because I didn't see the option "Rework the entire PvP mechanics ASAP", which is the only thing that will ever ameliorate these kinds of situations. If you have a broken system, you can't be surprised when it works as intended to produce broken results.

Reactions: Jatix

pooternackle

Mar 21, 2021
there is a market for these things. people are making alts to bring these into myrland to sell for anywhere from 50-100 gold. they are the meta for spiritists. they'd be even more lucrative if they didn't have such insane durability reducing demand for replacements.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I didn't vote because I didn't see the option "Rework the entire PvP mechanics ASAP", which is the only thing that will ever ameliorate these kinds of situations. If you have a broken system, you can't be surprised when it works as intended to produce broken results.

SV thanks you for the support! You are now on the GOOD SIDE. Keep bitchin'. Everyone who is S tier now will still be good. MAKE PVP GOOD FOR EVERYONE! TRY SOMETHING DIFFERENT w/ BALANCE.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
So how come nobody complained about worn shortsword's in MO1? Whatever in MO1 made people not complain about worn short is how it should be in MO2. Doesnt need to be removed.

MO1 you spawned with shit hp at priest, so like if you tried to spawn at mino caves to grief you just died while trying to sleep.

Also MO1 didnt have the shit standing system and flagging system, which is the real issue. MO1 if a guy hits you at kran and you kill him, hes still local grey for you when he spawns and you can keep killing him. Also reds didnt care about their shitty standing, so they would just kill the blue before he can try anything, usually before he gets to full hp.

And at stated already, at camps it takes 5 seconds to res and grab a bone weapon from the bank. Which is better then worn short and also completely worthless.

Also parrying is too easy mode in this game. MO1 nobody was going to just sit and parry naked with a worn short, you just died.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
So how come nobody complained about worn shortsword's in MO1? Whatever in MO1 made people not complain about worn short is how it should be in MO2. Doesnt need to be removed.

MO1 you spawned with shit hp at priest, so like if you tried to spawn at mino caves to grief you just died while trying to sleep.

Also MO1 didnt have the shit standing system and flagging system, which is the real issue. MO1 if a guy hits you at kran and you kill him, hes still local grey for you when he spawns and you can keep killing him. Also reds didnt care about their shitty standing, so they would just kill the blue before he can try anything, usually before he gets to full hp.

And at stated already, at camps it takes 5 seconds to res and grab a bone weapon from the bank. Which is better then worn short and also completely worthless.

Also parrying is too easy mode in this game. MO1 nobody was going to just sit and parry naked with a worn short, you just died.

generally you'd get crushed. It'd be like getting spurted to death. Still v pets tho people did complain def. haha. Ask Hayasa and his bros. I dunno if people were specifically mad (note the wss got nerfed to have dura,) but they knew naked guys could grief. I do think it is kinda a priest issue tho, but that's not the only part.

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
generally you'd get crushed. It'd be like getting spurted to death. Still v pets tho people did complain def. haha. Ask Hayasa and his bros. I dunno if people were specifically mad (note the wss got nerfed to have dura,) but they knew naked guys could grief. I do think it is kinda a priest issue tho, but that's not the only part.
Like worn shortsword pet killing in town worked. But you could also do a better job using a cheap animal mat weapon, which was needed if they weren't afk. Me and my friend could kill a horse at the tind bank and then I'd tab into my alt and loot us before anyone else like 75% of the time. I also did a ton of random quests with the worn shortsword. Ghosting to the middle of nowhere and killing mobs with the worn short to get lores for taming. Etc. Having 0 weapon at all and not being able to craft in the wild just adds as many issues as removing's the worn short fixes.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Wilderness crafting would be great, but henrik hates the idea of people not living in towns and having the choice to live how they want to.