Remove AFK timer already

Apr 25, 2022
Seriously now there is no more queue aka no more need to KICK PLAYERS out of the game which they want to play.
In every single mmorpg you are NOT getting kicked after 10 minutes. Especially when the game needs you to spend vast amounts of time on harvesting & skilling up.

For example:
Leveling Spiritism 90-100 one is casting Ressurect.
10 seconds cast time - 100 mana - 30 seconds resting time.
You are standing completely still 100% of the time just doing it for 10+ HOURS on end.
Getting kicked every 10 minutes cause you are standing in the same spot which is the ONLY VARIABLE for the afk kicking.

Who is programming this SHIT, what kind of creautes are actually TESTING this shit and who teh shit is approving this shit?
Is there anyone even checking if past changes which were implemented only to improve the situation are even still necessary?

Disable the afk timer ffs and let players stay in the game the PAY TO PLAY.
We are not paying to get kicked from the game EVERY 10 MINUTES because YOU CANNOT FIX SHIT!

ANG bashing EVERYTHING into the ground which deserves a good bashing every now and then since ´97

Reactions: Doom and Gloom

Pragma

Mar 17, 2022
You get a message when you're about to get kicked, you move a few steps and boom no more afk kick timer, it's to prevent macro use, but you don't use macro so it shouldn't be that much of a deal right ? :)

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
It is ridiculous, I was training domination on a high lever crab once for around 4 hours in a row, and I was very confused to get the afk timer every once in a while. How difficult it is to check if an interaction is started and ended constantly at least? If someone wants to macro, they can definitely macro the character movement every once in a while too, this just makes it annoying for ppl who do not macro.

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
Yea I mean, it would stop macros.

i don’t know that the que is actually removed though. Had one this past weekend that’s for sure

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
If they want to prevent macroing, they should design their game well so that you cant just sit there and macro to max. If someones going to spurt macro to max, magic leveling is designed poorly. AFK timer is just a weak bandaid.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Yea I mean, it would stop macros.

i don’t know that the que is actually removed though. Had one this past weekend that’s for sure
No macros have ways around afk. They shouldnt kick people for macroing either at the moment. But Im fine with afk kicks for the people that just left the game runing but are not doing any thing ingame.

D

Deleted member 44

0 to100 swimming takes 10 hours to level. 10 hours of swimming?!

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
0 to100 swimming takes 10 hours to level. 10 hours of swimming?!
This is a good thing imo, longevity requires leveling to take time.

swimming isn’t even that important to have mastered so I see no reason to make it easier to gainlevels in it. Just a minor / moderate perk you gain from playing a long time imo

D

Deleted member 44

This is a good thing imo, longevity requires leveling to take time.

swimming isn’t even that important to have mastered so I see no reason to make it easier to gainlevels in it. Just a minor / moderate perk you gain from playing a long time imo
You have no idea what you're talking about.

Reactions: Xunila
D

Deleted member 44

could read the book then after max out swimming in an hour or two..
What do you mean? I was reading the books simultaneously. Regardless, post wasnt really about swimming, it was about the fact that the game has multiple skills that require you to grind them out for hours sitting AFK or running some macro to level them. Not engaging gameplay and the AFK timer doesn't help matters. I actually like the AFK timer but they need to make skill leveling more enjoyable over needless grind to artificially increase "endgame".

CrgHck

Jan 27, 2022
Stockholm
What do you mean? I was reading the books simultaneously. Regardless, post wasnt really about swimming, it was about the fact that the game has multiple skills that require you to grind them out for hours sitting AFK or running some macro to level them. Not engaging gameplay and the AFK timer doesn't help matters. I actually like the AFK timer but they need to make skill leveling more enjoyable over needless grind to artificially increase "endgame".
Havent done that with any skill, I feel they get to max level without any prolem just playing the game.
My swimming got maxed after gathering argus sponge once as in filled my inventory one time, had finished the book before tho.
I mean while you are reading a book for any given skill you can pvp or do w.e you want so you dont have to put countless hours to that skill.

Reactions: Valoran

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
You have no idea what you're talking about.
No? Perhaps you can illuminate for me than, I don’t think you understand the game regardless of hours you’ve played if you are telling me 10 hours is an outrageous amount of time to expect of a skill that is used for a niche subset of people who want to focus on it.

what do you NEED max swimming for?

I mean jumping takes a while to level too and I maxed it out eventually passively by just exploring.

you aren’t thinking of the average player, you’re thinking about a min maxing player who focuses on only one aspect of the game.

or someone who creates a ton of alt accounts and feels like they should be allowed to buy skill levels faster with some micro transactions or something.

why not just be patient and level up at a slower pace over the course of a few weeks?

D

Deleted member 44

No skill REQUIRES this.. now who doesn’t know what they are talking about
You level swimming AFK... And you need max swimming for water pvp unless you want to lose water fights. Look, I get it that you're some bob that doesn't pvp and has one account. Less time syncs, more fun.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
If they want to prevent macroing, they should design their game well so that you cant just sit there and macro to max. If someones going to spurt macro to max, magic leveling is designed poorly. AFK timer is just a weak bandaid.

Indeed AFK time wouldn't be there if the server could handle people in the first place, thats the reason its there.

And yes, this game is macro friendly because like ultima and a bunch of other bullshit games progression is quantified by the repetition of an action. Made so people lvl shit up "playing", everything mortal has exists for players to waste time because the game would be exhausted in 10 minutes if it didn't, we trading complexity and fun for time consumption.

Mortal should be not only macro legal but it should also include an integrated macro system ingame for players to bypass the dog ass progression design.

The only thing it makes this game "new" is UE4 but the actual progression is some outdated bullshit model from another era.

Reactions: Jatix

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
You level swimming AFK... And you need max swimming for water pvp unless you want to lose water fights. Look, I get it that you're some bob that doesn't pvp and has one account. Less time syncs, more fun.
I mean that is a fair perspective from the standpoint of a person who only cares about pvp and it’s what I would expect, but I think you’re just ignoring that the game is designed to be multifaceted.

if it was supposed to be played strictly by people who focus all day everyday on getting the perfect build to1v1 people they wouldn’t require leveling at all.

it’s a flaw in your logic and I think your perspective is just short Sighted.

many people will enjoy an rpg that requires a time sync to increase your skill level over time otherwise you handy cap the sense of progression and limit it strictly to pve.

it is supposed to simulate the growth of the character, that’s the whole point to levels in toga it’s how they even came about.

why not just play mordhau if you want everything by instantly instead of an RPG?

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
I mean that is a fair perspective from the standpoint of a person who only cares about pvp and it’s what I would expect, but I think you’re just ignoring that the game is designed to be multifaceted.

if it was supposed to be played strictly by people who focus all day everyday on getting the perfect build to1v1 people they wouldn’t require leveling at all.

it’s a flaw in your logic and I think your perspective is just short Sighted.
Not being a max build doesnt work in open pvp games. Others games have tried it and failed. You dont have to be a pvp'er. If you are out farming and you get attacked by a guy and try to run and realize he moves 30% faster than you and you have 0 hope to ever fight back or get away, is that fun? There's a ton of moments in this game where you would have got someone, or got away, if you were maxed / the correct build. You need to be max. Little things, liek gaining stam faster while blocking, doign a bit more damage, etc, are the difference between dying and losing all your shit and winning / getting away. Darkfall ROA had the same issue. On launch it was grindy. 95% of nubs quit, because they would just get rolled by someone who does 2x their damage. Along with many other issues. But grind progression in pvp games doesnt work, even if you arent trying to PVP.

In Runescape the wilderness (the pvp area) has combat levels so you can only be attacked by people within your combat range. Open pvp games dont have this. So if you arent max you are gimped. Which makes it really fun when you arent even a PVP'er and are also at a big disadvantage and put up 0 fight.