Regarding the human "Tactician" trait

Lumos

Jan 4, 2022
The tooltip of this trait is as follows "All damage dealt to or received from allies is reduced by 50%", however it currently does not reduce the damage you deal to allies or yourself with Earthquake, the only AoE effect players currently have access to.

Is Tactician intended not to affect Area of effect abilities? If so, please adjust the tooltip. Thanks <3

Lumos

Jan 4, 2022
it wouldnt be broken it would be "tactical"
Yea and above all the tooltip needs to reflect the behaviour, just wanting it to be consistent in regards to clades and tooltips no matter which way it swings.

D

Deleted member 44

I didn't even know this. The clade should be a toggle IMO.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
there is no reason why it shouldn't : it's called 'tactician', not 'mistakes dampener' ...
earthquake is already nerfed with reagent cost. there is a reason why you don't see it anymore.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
there is no reason why it shouldn't : it's called 'tactician', not 'mistakes dampener' ...
earthquake is already nerfed with reagent cost. there is a reason why you don't see it anymore.
Tell me you didn't play mo1 without telling me you didn't play mo1.

Last edited:

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
HQ is strong and doesn't need buffs, that's sure, but human mages definitely need some and this could be a cool idea. Think about that: at the moment you have literally no reason to make a human mage other than making a Pally because if you want to make a dex mage Avlarins have better Int, better Speed and better clades (yes thaumaturge is super strong), if you wanna make a fat mage Oghmirs have better int.
That clade could be the only reason to literally make a tactical nuke human mage, less efficient in everything else but with a strong AoE spell.

I never thought about this before but i think devs should think about this, it's not a stupid idea if numbers are not over the top

Lumos

Jan 4, 2022
HQ is strong and doesn't need buffs, that's sure, but human mages definitely need some and this could be a cool idea. Think about that: at the moment you have literally no reason to make a human mage other than making a Pally because if you want to make a dex mage Avlarins have better Int, better Speed and better clades (yes thaumaturge is super strong), if you wanna make a fat mage Oghmirs have better int.
That clade could be the only reason to literally make a tactical nuke human mage, less efficient in everything else but with a strong AoE spell.

I never thought about this before but i think devs should think about this, it's not a stupid idea if numbers are not over the top

Yea this clade is a major argument for a human mage supporter, we just need the behaviour of it cleared up to either reflect the wording or the function.

C3ncio

Feb 5, 2022
And maybe adjust damage reduction. If we are talking about HQ, 50% is way too much imho

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
EQ doesn't need to be effected by this. We don't need aoe bombers running into groups with little worry of hitting their teammates.

And there are already reasons to make a human mage. Dunno what you guys are talking about...

D

Deleted member 44

And there are already reasons to make a human mage. Dunno what you guys are talking about...

Please do tell. Too slow and combat related limitations indicates to me that this isn't viable.

Lumos

Jan 4, 2022
Yea humans do need some unique and interesting clades to have a purpose alongside the specialization advantage the other clades possess. It'd be nice to think that Tactician is intended to obey the wording of the tooltip.

Reactions: Jandles

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
Tell me you didn't play mo1 without telling me you didn't play mo1.
mo1 beta blockD.
and yes, i already won entire battles with only my earthquakes =).
i also casted earthquakes into enemies & allies with reflect damage on.
far from a free tactic ...
but yeah, it being nerfed for aoe is not a bad idea, like 33% for aoes.
however, it not working at all on aoes is dumb.

Lumos

Jan 4, 2022
but yeah, it being nerfed for aoe is not a bad idea, like 33% for aoes.
however, it not working at all on aoes is dumb.

A smaller effect on aoe abilities for sure would make sense, it just seems very strange right now when it has no effect on them whatsoever.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
A smaller effect on aoe abilities for sure would make sense, it just seems very strange right now when it has no effect on them whatsoever.
well everybody in game is telling everybody else to not get earthquake, because "it's not viable anymore" ...
so you might be like 3 guys total who even tried to cast it, and maybe the first to cast it with tactician on.
You should report this in-game if it's not already done ... they are probably not aware.
There was quite a few clades not working properly during beta, so it's not surprising.