Red: Bring back statloss

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
It wasn't just a nuisance. It separated the good reds from the bad. Shits too fuckin easy now man. I was 300 mc deep as a solo player after 1 week of the OG MO release.

You shouldn't murder if you can't handle the consequences.

• Sad
Reactions: LivingshadeNL

[AF]Tyrone

Dec 17, 2020
Consequences for death are important. If you can't handle the stat loss then don't murder! Or get good and don't make sloppy plays!

• Haha
Reactions: LivingshadeNL

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
Isn't the consequence for going red not having safety in the towns?

Honestly I'm tired of the addition (or re-additon) of time sinks. I'm all about consequences, but let's think of something more interesting than wasting time having a fight club after a lost battle.

KermyWormy

May 29, 2020
California
Even the threat of stat loss ended up not mattering in the old game once guild priests or keep priests could resurrect reds without stat loss

Reactions: Kelzyr

barcode

Jun 2, 2020
first they need to make it possible to participate in PVP and not go red. right now the flagging system is a mess and even in mo1 you couldn't really participate in much pvp without going red.

once that is possible, then sure, create punishments for rpk behavior

-barcode

Kelzyr

Sep 22, 2020
first they need to make it possible to participate in PVP and not go red. right now the flagging system is a mess and even in mo1 you couldn't really participate in much pvp without going red.

once that is possible, then sure, create punishments for rpk behavior

-barcode

10000000000000000% this.

I'm dying to hear/read what SV plans to do with their flagging system. IMO this needs to be the next thing they address when they're done analyzing and digesting stress test data.

The flagging system is second if not equally important to the combat IMO. If the flagging system sucks so bad that you don't want to fight what's the point of the combat system working well.

Reactions: Rhias and Gronil

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
Consequences for death are important. If you can't handle the stat loss then don't murder! Or get good and don't make sloppy plays!
The people who say this also usually say its a hardcore game. But cant handle the hardcore elements themselves. Games are supposed to be fun, and MO's entire gameplay loop revolves around player conflict. Statloss just makes it a chore, which makes less people go out, making the game dead.

Also the mo2 world is huge and tedious, having to res far away and re gear to go roam is punishment enough for being red.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
Imagine asking to have to get your friends to punch you when you die as punishment for pvp.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
There needs to be a downside to being red but statloss isn't it, poor mechanic from ancient times