Raising Magic Schools

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
As you can see from the image, with the Erudite clade gift I've potentially got 99 in Ecumenical, but it is limited by Magic Schools. So how do I raise Magic Schools? The book won't raise the skill higher, so how do I do it?
q1.png

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
a massive amount of casting, people do use spurt macros :p

I can certainly spend some mindless time casting spurt on myself if it will do anything (I used it at lower levels to get the skill to a reasonable point) but something seems odd. I got to Level 80 several days ago. I have been hunting bandits for the past few days, casting outburst, lightning, corrupt, purify and lesser healing hundreds of times. Neither Ecumencial or Magic Schools have gone up by a single point above 80 in all that time.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I can certainly spend some mindless time casting spurt on myself if it will do anything (I used it at lower levels to get the skill to a reasonable point) but something seems odd. I got to Level 80 several days ago. I have been hunting bandits for the past few days, casting outburst, lightning, corrupt, purify and lesser healing hundreds of times. Neither Ecumencial or Magic Schools have gone up by a single point above 80 in all that time.
in that case might be glitched, i'd minus then + the skill and relog, might fix it. I'd try it, sometimes certain skills actually do get bugged like that

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
I've removed 29 from Ecumenical so it is now 51 trained + 4 PSY + 5 INT + 20 Clade = 80, relogged and set it to PLUS again. Nothing I do is shifting it, and I'm not getting a single point of XP.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
I've removed 29 from Ecumenical so it is now 51 trained + 4 PSY + 5 INT + 20 Clade = 80, relogged and set it to PLUS again. Nothing I do is shifting it, and I'm not getting a single point of XP.
don't reduce the skillpoints, set it to minus then relog and set it to plus then relog and try to see if you get any exp. If you really don't get shit might wanna contact a GM but wouldn't know if they could help ya, in beta a GM did help me with a skill i had stuck.

Camarro DaMortas

Jan 1, 2022
Norfolk, UK
reading spiritism or domination might be the better way, i don't think spurts levels your ecumenical past level 15 so that won't bring up magic schools
I suspect you may be right, although having to spend time and gold to level a skill I don't want, then removing the points again, seems like another crazy piece of SV game design!

I suppose the other question I should have asked - what is the difference between having Magic Schools and Ecumenical at 100, compared to having them at 80? Does the extra 20 points give me any benefit?

Reactions: Jybwee

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Like most stuff in the game if you did it on launch it was 1000x easier. Like getting clade xp. Etc. Such as like I did on launch I just macroed all my skills to 100. Sadly now it is bannable, but the chance of getting caught and banned for it is very low so