Questions on the Domination Skill

Psyop

Jan 29, 2022
Hello friends. I am playing a bulging Sheevra dex mage with max int. I've had the idea that I want to be a dominating dex mage. I have recently learned that the Domination skill exists and is similar to taming but where you cannot sell the pets. If there are any experienced dominators, I would like some feedback:

1) Are Pet Points for domination the same as pet points for taming? There is a taming guide on Steam that has a table with PP for taming but not for domination. Is it safe to assume that the same numbers apply to domination?

2) Are you able to dominate any animal including a horse? Is it essentially the same as taming it but not being able to sell it?

3) if you were to take 100 Creature Control but 0 Advanced Creature Control so you would have PP of 75, are there any pets that would be worth dominating specifically for PVP? Or is it absolutely necessary to take 100 ACC?

4) If I have 100 CC and 100 ACC and I am riding a horse, would I have enough PP left to have a high end pet like a Minotaur tagging along? Or do I need herding to pull this off?

5) I know that pet lore is necessary as well. Which high end pets are best for PVP? Minotaurs? Where can one find them on the map?

6) Where can one find the domination book and the pet lore books? Is it in any library in Myr? Sorry I can't log on to Myr to check.

7) I am looking to run without Beast Mastery, I know that at max BM it can increase pet damage by about 80% or so. However since I should have good damage from magery and dagger I feel like I do not want to spend these points on BM. I just want my pet to give a bit of backup and support.

Here is my build if anyone wants to critique:

1) Vitalism 100
2) Mental Training 100
3) Mental Offense 100
4) Ecumenical 100
5) Domination 100
6) Creature Control 100
7) Advanced Creature Control 100 * Or Blocking
8) Defensive Stance 100
9) Aggressive Stance 100
10) Sprinting 100
11) Daggers 100
12) Combat Maneuvering 68
13) Armor Training 32

Icegoten

Jun 12, 2020
1) Are Pet Points for domination the same as pet points for taming? There is a taming guide on Steam that has a table with PP for taming but not for domination. Is it safe to assume that the same numbers apply to domination?

They should be the same except of course you'll have to find out what the pet point cost for creatures that can only be dominated are.

2) Are you able to dominate any animal including a horse? Is it essentially the same as taming it but not being able to sell it?

For the most part yes. There might be certain creatures that you just can't dominate either. For example in MO1 there was a misleading message when you tried to dominate a guard that said you didn't have enough pet points to control them. Some thought that was a hint that it was possible if you had enough of a boost but I believe it just wasn't ever inteded.

3) if you were to take 100 Creature Control but 0 Advanced Creature Control so you would have PP of 75, are there any pets that would be worth dominating specifically for PVP? Or is it absolutely necessary to take 100 ACC?

I'm not very knowledgeable into creature specifics like that.

4) If I have 100 CC and 100 ACC and I am riding a horse, would I have enough PP left to have a high end pet like a Minotaur tagging along? Or do I need herding to pull this off?

I believe a level 125 horse and max lores means a horse costs 35 pet points. So you'd have 65 pet points left and I imagine a Minotaur would cost 50+ pet points even at low level but I'm just guessing here. You would most likely need herding unless it worked out but then you'd only be able to have like a level 10 Minotaur or something with you. I'd recommend herding if you plan on riding along side until they make it possible to ride more creatures.

5) I know that pet lore is necessary as well. Which high end pets are best for PVP? Minotaurs? Where can one find them on the map?

I'm not very knowledgeable into creature specifics like that.

6) Where can one find the domination book and the pet lore books? Is it in any library in Myr? Sorry I can't log on to Myr to check.

Domination book can be found at Jungle Camp for 50 silver coins and I believe there is a vendor named the Zoologist that sells almost all the lores but not sure where.

7) I am looking to run without Beast Mastery, I know that at max BM it can increase pet damage by about 80% or so. However since I should have good damage from magery and dagger I feel like I do not want to spend these points on BM. I just want my pet to give a bit of backup and support.

This will depend on what attacks the pet can unlock. At least in MO1 most people got a Minotaur for the charge that would knock people down. I have no idea if that's planned or already implemented in MO2 or even if you have to unlock it through beast mastery or it unlocks that attack no matter what. You'll have to try it out and tell us what you can get without beast mastery.

Reactions: Psyop

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
Minotaurs were a bit strange the longer into mo1 development you got. early on they were simple domination but later on you sort of needed the fist weapons that gave bonus to the lores to be able to dominate them at all. And once dominated you needed them to keep the point cost down. a 125 minotaur was not even possible to be owned AFAIK you sort of ran out of points around 100 if i remember correctly.

Expect there to be a lot of domination related items, just like how the sator spear is a taming/domination item for bears.

The ones i can remember at the top of my head were;

• Different meganton brains for dominating insects(sarducaa related, needed for white kurnas and ratzar hunter by dominating and leveling up larvae).
  • Sator spear for Ursidae lore
  • Fist weapons for Jotuni lore
  • Queen egg gives Arachnidae lore, lets you dominate nitre guardian, spider queens and Megantons

100% not sure if it was the queen egg or the meganton brain to dominate megantons, but w/e I highly doubt they are in game right now anyway(giant ants)

Psyop

Jan 29, 2022
Appreciate the replies, sounds like Domination is not fully fleshed out yet and things can change. Will need to experiment once we are stable. I am desperate to have my cake and eat it too having melee/magic/domination.