Questioning Veela Veela Conventions

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
Hey, It's ya boi Kavu or Zirus, or whatever. I'm back for a while.

From what I have gathered the conventional knowledge on veela-veela foot fighter builds seems to be about the same as it ever was. Height is largely preference-based, stout is fantastic, and you want to cap out your str, con, and dex unless you're going for a pure mage.

What I don't understand is the insistence by some on age 31 instead of age 30. At age 31 you receive the exact same attribute point pool as 30, but you get 1 less point in your cap for Constitution. Why wouldn't I go with age 30? I understand this is a minimal difference in the large scheme of things but I do wonder if I am missing something somehow if the weight scaling affects different ages to a different degree or some nonsense.

Reactions: Najwalaylah
What I don't understand is the insistence by some on age 31 instead of age 30. At age 31 you receive the exact same attribute point pool as 30, but you get 1 less point in your cap for Constitution. Why wouldn't I go with age 30? I understand this is a minimal difference in the large scheme of things but I do wonder if I am missing something somehow if the weight scaling affects different ages to a different degree or some nonsense.
The Long Life clade gift which reduces age-based penalties is the answer to your question. You cannot preview its impacts at character creation.

Age 31 caps with Long Life:
88 Str
121 Dex
101 Con
97 Int
107 Psy

Age 30 caps with Long Life:
88 Str
121 Dex
99 Con
97 Int
107 Psy

Also relevant to you may be the age 23 caps with Long Life:
89 Str
120 Dex
100 Con
95 Int
105 Psy

mortalsn

May 10, 2021
What I don't understand is the insistence by some on age 31 instead of age 30. At age 31 you receive the exact same attribute point pool as 30, but you get 1 less point in your cap for Constitution. Why wouldn't I go with age 30?
Good question. I trusted my eyes over words of others and ended up choosing age 30. RIP

Reactions: Kavu

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
Long life clade gift looks pretty unavoidable, so it looks like ill be going age 31 after all.