Pure Mage VS Pure Footie

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Game isn't balanced around solo play but on top of that if you're a hybrid dagger build and you lose a 1v1 that's still a skill issue.
You should probably just remove yourself from the conversation if you dont have any valuable input. the FACT is people that play FULL mage charecters dont have a viable way to 1v1 pvp or PVE. your just not grasping this concept. this has verry little to do with a hybrid build. this is for mages who dont wanto use a physical damage based weapon because it is not ideal for anything other than a full speed full weakspot veela.

Piet

May 28, 2020
You should probably just remove yourself from the conversation if you dont have any valuable input. the FACT is people that play FULL mage charecters dont have a viable way to 1v1 pvp or PVE. your just not grasping this concept. this has verry little to do with a hybrid build. this is for mages who dont wanto use a physical damage based weapon because it is not ideal for anything other than a full speed full weakspot veela.
I am a mage. I am giving you valuable input it's just not the input you want to hear. You want an echo chamber. Mages are fine and the game isn't based around 1v1 or solo.

Reactions: Rynnik

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
I am a mage. I am giving you valuable input it's just not the input you want to hear. You want an echo chamber. Mages are fine and the game isn't based around 1v1 or solo.
the idea is to make pure mages soloable , your valuable input is just. "game isnt based on that so..."

Belegar

Oct 16, 2021
OP: Mage shouldn't just be a support class, but should be able to solo.

Piet: Mage is support.

OP: Yes, but it shouldnt just be.

Piet: but it iz

OP: Whole topic is about that it shouldnt.

Piet: Buuuut it izzzz.

"Valuable input" right there...

Reactions: Gnidex and Elijah

Piet

May 28, 2020

Na topic is they want it to be able to be more than just support. They want it to be combat sufficient to 1v1 a fighter. The entire idea would destroy how the game works.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Na topic is they want it to be able to be more than just support. They want it to be combat sufficient to 1v1 a fighter. The entire idea would destroy how the game works.
Currently there is no balance in the game at all. The strongest FF is also the strongest archer. How is that balanced?

If an unbalanced state needs to be destroyed to make it function correctly, so be it.

People are just used to the status quo.

• Haha
Reactions: Piet and Elijah

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021

It is good to have this opposing force, though. As much as I disagree with it, this has been a bit of an echo chamber. We don't want SV to take it to the extreme like they did with balancing issues in the first game, but we definitely need to be more viable as mages. It is happening, albeit slowly. Game will be so much more exciting with melee abilities and real mages that aren't just a half-ass support.

Reactions: Midas

Piet

May 28, 2020
In actuality Necro is too op on how they can solo already

Reactions: Rahz

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
In actuality Necro is too op on how they can solo already
Then you have to admit that footies are immensely OP. Footie solo is absurdly strong compared to necro, but still, the point of the post is that we shouldn't be boxing people into a specific build solely so that they can play the game.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
Then you have to admit that footies are immensely OP. Footie solo is absurdly strong compared to necro, but still, the point of the post is that we shouldn't be boxing people into a specific build solely so that they can play the game.
If footies dominated just in melee combat it'd be one thing, but the dedicated footie builds also have the highest str longbows that will definitely outdps a mage 1 vs 1 (mage vs footie). The footie doesn't even need a melee weapon to 1 vs 1 a mage, the longbow does enough dmg with what armor mages need to use to get some semblance of mana regen.

In short, the game's "class" design is really effed.

• Haha

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
Anways.... so like i said Melee uses mechanics to make STR based Melee and ranged strong for that stat. with a good parry system. i think it would be great to be able to engage in this melee combat mechanic the game has with parry/repost. it would be great if the whole playerbase including INT only builds. the first post on this thread highlights that combat and would give intelligence based build the ability to participate in this system. for both the pvp and pve experiences as mages have a hard time farming solo aswell.

• Haha

Piet

May 28, 2020
If you lose as a necro vs a footie you are just bad or not using all your options. 10 walkers that you can insta pop for 300+ damage, undead pet, undead mount, death hand as you run around and heal from damaging them, take their stam away, and take less damage from your bond... Only way you lose is missing all your spells. I just became a necro and I just ignore divers now and this isn't even their final form of having a death knight yet.

Piet

May 28, 2020
If footies dominated just in melee combat it'd be one thing, but the dedicated footie builds also have the highest str longbows that will definitely outdps a mage 1 vs 1 (mage vs footie). The footie doesn't even need a melee weapon to 1 vs 1 a mage, the longbow does enough dmg with what armor mages need to use to get some semblance of mana regen.

In short, the game's "class" design is really effed.
if a footie has a bow after the 2 groups collide they die. They can't parry and they have no stam to run or parry if they took melee out.

Piet

May 28, 2020
This game is not balanced around 1v1 combat even just for footies. Clubs for instance are terrible in 1v1 compared to swords but clubs are much better for their role in a big fight. Just like mages. Ya they can't 1v1but they decide the battle. A good mage decides who wins or loses in a lot of cases. If you can survive and keep your team healed and get unblockable damage in when you aren't needing to heal you can push the balance much more than a single footie ever could.

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
If you lose as a necro vs a footie you are just bad or not using all your options. 10 walkers that you can insta pop for 300+ damage, undead pet, undead mount, death hand as you run around and heal from damaging them, take their stam away, and take less damage from your bond... Only way you lose is missing all your spells. I just became a necro and I just ignore divers now and this isn't even their final form of having a death knight yet.
The actual gameplay says otherwise, but okay man. Point, still, is that we shouldn't be forcing people into specific builds that they don't want to play just to be effective.

Piet

May 28, 2020
The actual gameplay says otherwise, but okay man. Point, still, is that we shouldn't be forcing people into specific builds that they don't want to play just to be effective.
To be effective you must be a necro, even many footies are necro's atm. That's kinda my point too is if a mage can 1v1 a footie then to be effective why would you ever be a footie? Everyone would be a mage. Why just swing a swords when you can be effective enough to swing a sword and heal and cast anything else you want? That also makes you more effective at having pets too. The whole point is that footies are able to kill a mage so mages need to be protected and are the heart of the group. It's how the group content works. Do you play in a big group or mostly solo?

Elijah

Jun 17, 2021
To be effective you must be a necro, even many footies are necro's atm. That's kinda my point too is if a mage can 1v1 a footie then to be effective why would you ever be a footie?
So now you're arguing that footies are stronger again? You're not making a whole lot of sense.

Piet

May 28, 2020
So now you're arguing that footies are stronger again? You're not making a whole lot of sense.
Either you mis read what I wrote or are refusing to even have a logical talk while avoiding that you're trying to balance around solo which isn't applicable in this game. If you balance around solo all pets must be removed immediately since a solo with a pet vs a solo without a pet is completely imbalanced.

Midas

Feb 25, 2022
The point is to make mages viable without pets in both pvp and pve 1v1 situations. get on your full mage and clear a graveyard then hop on your footie and do it you will realize really quikly the massive difference in efficiency , speed and damage. your point is moot. stop deviating from the topic of a mechanic for pure intelligence build to have relevance in melee combat.

a new player that wants to play a mage gets face to face with a bandit and dies .

the suggestions i have made are based on RiskvsReward and Use PLAYER SKILL to utilize efficiently.

To be effective you must be a necro, even many footies are necro's atm. That's kinda my point too is if a mage can 1v1 a footie then to be effective why would you ever be a footie? Everyone would be a mage. Why just swing a swords when you can be effective enough to swing a sword and heal and cast anything else you want? That also makes you more effective at having pets too. The whole point is that footies are able to kill a mage so mages need to be protected and are the heart of the group. It's how the group content works. Do you play in a big group or mostly solo?
Your clearly not seeing the whole picture here.

Why would anyone ever be a footy? i suggest you start thinking long and hard about the answers you might receive in their simplicity.
-people are playing fantasy characters , if your fantasy character is a warrior then so be it. Others would like to play a simple mage who pick flowers and make poisons and potions every one has a charecter fantasy they wish to fill and that is a large part of what a true sandbox entails.

Alot of people really want the staff magic school over the current elemental one that is in development and I believe similar to what i have heard from others and have listened to the people who feel the same way about "character fantasy" . a large portion of those people want the "gandalf" archtype.
HOWEVER and this is the important part: It would seem as though the biggest majority have the same complaints and all have the same underlying reasoning. The reason hasto do with people being able to parry attack and cast spells.

Now others would say this is already possible for a Alvarin mage ...... but to remind you like in the first post were not talking about
hybrid builds in this thread. The reason being , if your not playing an alvarin you are playing a HIGH STR or Obese ugly short fatty who cannot outrun a bandit NPC and nothing other than an Alvarin guarantees the ability to do so. there you have it melee range where mages become useless unless you make them viable! thee original post in this thread identifies this issue and provides a valid high riskvsreward high playerskill non hitscan way for mages to feel more fluid with the ability to cast spells unarmed in warmode be able to maintain the 10% speed buff melee gets 24/7. if you dont understand where this speed buff comes from you should probably do your research and if you havnt figured it out by now your oblivious and should "remove thyself"- UO .

• Angry