Pros and Cons of a too huge Gameworld. + Ideas for a Fasttravel Option with restrictions, so no Materials, large Forces or Bolders can be transported

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
One person gathering 15 ingredients from 5 different locations and using them to create something themselves isn't really how the game is supposed to work IMO.

You live near the Muse fruit. You know it's valuable. Every time Muse fruit is up, you gather it. You then post it on your local broker. Someone far away is making potions that use it. They perhaps gather 5 of the ingredients they need for their 15 ingredient potion themselves because they are convenient. 5 they buy from allies or guildies that do more travel than they do. And for 5 of them including your muse fruit, they just put up a buy order on the local broker.

I'm a trader. I see that Muse Fruit sell near their source at 40 gold per X units. And you put in an order for 50 gold per X units. I see some other Muse fruit orders and orders for different goods that are cheaper in the location I'm at that will allow me a profit if I safely get them from my current location to your area. I load up my pack animals and head that way looking to make a profit.

Here is the thing. Every single mechanic that makes it easier for people to just go get the Muse fruit themselves, the less likely I am to conclude there enough volume and value of goods to be moved to actually decide to become a trader. If nobody becomes a trader, then you really WILL have to go get all 15 ingredients yourself.

Reactions: grendel

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Fast travel would NOT destroy the economy, if it restrict you to not be able to use it with materials in your bag and if it is expencive. The sandbow feel is another topic.

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
Can we add a dislike button on the forum? Thank you ....

About the size of the map, we already told them that the Previous map of MO1 was too big, that it was taking multiple hours to get any interaction with randoms player outside city.
I Think its a big mistake to release MO2 on an even bigger map with the hope that we gonna have enough player to fill it. When we dropped down to 300 player online Peak on MO1 the game started to feel really dead and when a game feel dead even more people quit. How many people we gonna need for MO2 map ? 600-800 online peak per days ? to make it feel alive?

And for the FastTravel suggestion, its quite a shame that you did that suggestion. Suggestion like this could destroy the entire fucking game, just be carefull with your nonsense suggestion.

Last edited:

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
good intentions because the loot was always too less for so much hours of equipping and not everyone had mounts but fast ravel is not an option. the best way is to ride to a dungeon and "stable" your horse like hiding it in a big tree texture.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Can we add a dislike button on the forum? Thank you ....

About the size of the map, we already told them that the Previous map of MO1 was too big, that it was taking multiple hours to get any interaction with randoms player outside city.
I Think its a big mistake to release MO2 on an even bigger map with the hope that we gonna have enough player to fill it. When we dropped down to 300 player online Peak on MO1 the game started to feel really dead and when a game feel dead even more people quit. How many people we gonna need for MO2 map ? 600-800 online peak per days ? to make it feel alive?

And for the FastTravel suggestion, its quite a shame that you did that suggestion. Suggestion like this could destroy the entire fucking game, just be carefull with your nonsense suggestion.

I don´t get it, how this could destoy the whole game, if it would be restricted. Anyways i expected that reactions. I know that lot of players see this very sceptical. On the other hand i know players which tell me, that they not have enough time to play such a game, even when they want, becuase you need to travel 5 h to just do a dungen. An this are players that love full loot games and PVP.

Last edited:

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
I don´t get it, how this could destoy the whole game, if it would be restricted. Anyways i expected that reactions. I know that lot of players see this very sceptical. On the other hand i know players which tell me, that they not have enough time to play such a game, even when they want, becuase you need to travel 5 h to just do a dungen. An this are players that love full loot games and PVP.
the direction of the game is different and thats good. we will have inns where you can rest if you want to log out and dont have the time to walk or ride to your dungeon in one flush.
the guys who where to foot started their travel a few hours earlier and logged in as the mounted group arrived. my biggest problem was that i had no safe place to park my horse beside taking it with me in the dungeon. if people are forced to walk for a every dungeon run, your concerns are real.

Reactions: grendel

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
Any kind of fast travel will be abused in wars, trading and ganking. With fast travel, war/ganking/trading parties will be able to escape the immediate consequences.
Edit: I also very much like the need to plan long travels/raiding parties/trading and gathering expeditions.

Last edited:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Thats why i wrote about restricted fast travel. I mentioned that it should not be abuseable for Wars, Sieges, trading.

To prevent this it could cost 500 Gold, and take time to burry the moonstone, It could be restricted to 10 Players, so that you can´t move armies to another location, and that you can´t use the Gate with Stuff in your Inventory. Just your Armor, and maybe your Weapon should be allowed.

That would limit this option to the outward journey, if a group want to make a dungen.
On the return journey, the players have loot in their pockets and would not be able to use this option. It can't be used for trading, because materials and pets are not allowed to enter.

I think that PVE Players would still want to build a house near a dungen. For the dominator to get his stabled Pet, for the mage to get some reagents and to get a horse for the return Journey.

This restrictions would limit this Option for Footfighters, and it should take 20 Minutes for them to reach the nearest town. The magic places could be placed a bit further away from a City, so that a guild can´t call
Reinforcements so easy

A safety mechanism could also be built in, to prevent large groups from being called as reinforcements. The gate could lead to a room with 5-6 more gates to different locations. There could be a 30-minute cooldown on these gates, if a group of 10 players has used a gate to a specific Location before.

A Group, that have looted Players in a faction fight, can´t use the fasttravel option, becuase they have stuff in their Inventory. People would still have to travel arround the world with their loot, so it would not destoy the freeroam PVP.

I really like the Idea of local Murdercounts, so that the people of a region hold together and fight together, when people from another Faction will show up. I think you won´t see much of such faction fights, if it take 2h to travel to the enemy town.

If you can´t do local PVP, becuase of local Murdercounts, you should be able to attack another town, owned by another faction a bit faster.

I am worried that everything will take too long, if the map is too huge. You need to be able to make some progress in 6 h. Most Players can´t play for more then 6 h, becuase they have a job. That´s why i think that the Taveltime vs the PVE Time need to be balanced.

The Travel vs the PVE time could also be balanced without a restricted fasttravel, if we could find 4-5 Dungens arroudn every City.

Last edited:

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Hopefully players can contain themselves from immediately destroying any player built structures or towns so that if there ever is such a large population people will be more spread over the map instead of like 5,000 people in Bakti for example. People might appreciate slowly making their way to a distant location by hopping from town to town in shorter journeys over the course of the week instead of making a 2 hour footrun across the map before they can safely log out (Let's be real, if other players can see your camp where you logged out, you might sometimes find yourself dead the moment your character appears).

Maybe you wouldn't have to be as concerned, if you had a player town built in a more centralized part of the map that people could use at their own risk. Maybe it even has a "bad part of town" you should stay away from, especially after dark.

But that would require a spirit of cooperation that I have a hard time seeing.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Hopefully players can contain themselves from immediately destroying any player built structures or towns so that if there ever is such a large population people will be more spread over the map instead of like 5,000 people in Bakti for example. People might appreciate slowly making their way to a distant location by hopping from town to town in shorter journeys over the course of the week instead of making a 2 hour footrun across the map before they can safely log out (Let's be real, if other players can see your camp where you logged out, you might sometimes find yourself dead the moment your character appears).

Maybe you wouldn't have to be as concerned, if you had a player town built in a more centralized part of the map that people could use at their own risk. Maybe it even has a "bad part of town" you should stay away from, especially after dark.

But that would require a spirit of cooperation that I have a hard time seeing.

If SV would add keeps a month or 2 later, after the housing update, the player have the time to establish some larger neighbourhoods and neighbours tell each other if someone want to attack their neighbourhood and defend it.

Reactions: Xunila

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
If SV would add keeps a month or 2 later, after the housing update, the player have the time to establish some larger neighbourhoods and neighbours tell each other if someone want to attack their neighbourhood and defend it.
I mean even just stuff like Inns, you know? I'd love to have a dual Inn/Shop where people can rest/log out/ buy potions and food that's neutral ground but it's hard to believe it could ever really be done.

Reactions: Xunila and Bernfred

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
It would be nice to see some guarded Outposts near some roads from time to time, to log out, or take a rest.

Status
Not open for further replies.