Possible crafting professions for Thursar

m4rt3

Dec 10, 2021
Trying to figure out the most proficient crafting path for being a Thursar footie.

I know the cooking system needs a bit of work but how many profession points are needed to max to cook anything/everything?

Also, are there any other insights on possible crafting professions that don't require me to be a human in order to max everything (lores/etc)?

I already did bowery on my first character in beta and it didn't seem to require that many points - or maybe I just didn't have all the lores for it.

I'm basically just trying to find a path to craft where I can max everything in that profession on a Thursar.

Nefnate

Jun 23, 2021
My Mind
Trying to figure out the most proficient crafting path for being a Thursar footie.

I know the cooking system needs a bit of work but how many profession points are needed to max to cook anything/everything?

Also, are there any other insights on possible crafting professions that don't require me to be a human in order to max everything (lores/etc)?

I already did bowery on my first character in beta and it didn't seem to require that many points - or maybe I just didn't have all the lores for it.

I'm basically just trying to find a path to craft where I can max everything in that profession on a Thursar.

Any single profession can be easily maxed on any character (outside of perhaps full on extractor/refiner for all the way to Oghminium).

Vulpin

Nov 29, 2021
You really don't need any primary points in cooking. You can easily make 300 Stam food, 120 hp food, an 80 mana food with just the secondary cooking skills. It just a matter of finding the ingredients to make these foods.

As I see it, thanks to some really, really, really beneficial clade bonuses, specific crafting classes are soft locked behind race if you're intending to be market-competitive:

Alchemist - Alvarin - 10% increased yield; incredible if creating any potions really, considering how materials for them go.

Armorer - Oghmir - 6% less metals consumed when crafting; incredible if you're working with tungsteel/tindremic messing/cronite/oghmium.

Botany Extractor - Alvarin - 5% increased herbologium/press yields, which adds up if extracting salvia or other materials with high-value yields.

Bowyer - Any - No racial bonuses.

Butcher - Alvarin - 10% additional yields; incredible if butchering for high end scales or silks.

Cook - Any - No racial bonuses.

Engineer - Technically Any - But Oghmir get a bonus when building siege weapons which could be good or virtually useless, we don't know yet.

Metal Refiner - Oghmir - 3% increased yield; incredible if you're working with tungsteel/tindremic messing/cronite/oghmium.

Pet Gear - Oghmir - 6% less metals consumed when crafting; incredible if you're working with messing/steel/tungsteel/cronite/oghmium due to the quantities consumed by pet armors.

Rock Extractor - Oghmir - 3% increased yield; incredible no matter why you're extracting rock.

Vendor 5% Discounts/Sales Bonus - Human - Pretty straightforward, this one. Humans pay 4750g for a 5000g keep deed and so forth.

Weaponsmith - Oghmir - 6% less metals consumed when crafting; incredible if you're working with tungsteel/tindremic messing/cronite/oghmium.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rorry and Nefnate

SilentPony

Nov 27, 2021
As I see it, thanks to some really, really, really beneficial clade bonuses, specific crafting classes are soft locked behind race if you're intending to be market-competitive:

Alchemist - Alvarin - 10% increased yield; incredible if creating any potions really, considering how materials for them go.

Armorer - Oghmir - 6% less metals consumed when crafting; incredible if you're working with tungsteel/tindremic messing/cronite/oghmium.

Botany Extractor - Alvarin - 5% increased herbologium/press yields, which adds up if extracting salvia or other materials with high-value yields.

Butcher - Alvarin - 10% additional yields; incredible if butchering for high end scales or silks.

Engineer - Technically Any - But Oghmir get a bonus when building siege weapons which could be good or virtually useless, we don't know yet.

Metal Refiner - Oghmir - 3% increased yield; incredible if you're working with tungsteel/tindremic messing/cronite/oghmium.

Pet Gear - Oghmir - 6% less metals consumed when crafting; incredible if you're working with messing/steel/tungsteel/cronite/oghmium due to the quantities consumed by pet armors.

Rock Extractor - Oghmir - 3% increased yield; incredible no matter why you're extracting rock.

Vendor 5% Discounts/Sales Bonus - Human - Pretty straightforward, this one. Humans pay 4750g for a 5000g keep deed and so forth.

Weaponsmith - Oghmir - 6% less metals consumed when crafting; incredible if you're working with tungsteel/tindremic messing/cronite/oghmium.
The market still has buy orders as a "coming soon" feature. The brokers have a 20 or so item limit and no way to make partial buy / sell orders or dump all of your granum in one stack. And many resources are not even useful enough to matter.

As a result, the markets are mostly empty, prices are not stable. Crafters are not going to put cheap armor on sale even when the materials are cheap because they will get too little profit for the time it takes to sell it. Gatherers are not going to put rarely needed items on sale since they don't even have enough slots for the few popular materials.

3% increased yield of 6% efficiency is not going to matter in such cases, there is no competitive market here. It is dead.

Rhias

May 28, 2020

I personally (and I asume also all other PVP oriented players that don't have seperate accounts for crafting only) will spend their whole points on combat-oriented clade-gifts.