Poleaxe and Polesword should cost 100 points

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
Whats so special about poleaxes and poleswords that they require 100 more points than any other weapon? Polesword is useless and poleaxe only good for griefing with low tier mats like flake. And now they even buff swords last patch... Is Henrik still traumatized by MO1 poleswords? Either buff them to make them worth the 100 extra points or leave them like any other weapon

Skabsticles

Mar 19, 2022
Whats so special about poleaxes and poleswords that they require 100 more points than any other weapon? Polesword is useless and poleaxe only good for griefing with low tier mats like flake. And now they even buff swords last patch... Is Henrik still traumatized by MO1 poleswords? Either buff them to make them worth the 100 extra points or leave them like any other weapon

Would be nice to see them effective on mounts to because they are terrible for what should be a devastating weapon

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
there is 0 clue to the balance of weapons right now, and basically buffing swords proves it when they were already the dominant weapon.

Poleaxes are pretty cheesy made out of lighter mats like incis/flake but theyre pretty reliant on spins when theyre made out of heavier mats like jade/steel.

no clue what to do with poleswords without making them basically better 2h swords that stomp people who cant read spear animations.

Reactions: Skabsticles

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I was gonna spec PS on my human, but I thought it was under axe/spear still haha. IT WOULDA WORKED.

I'd have to know the exact difference in range between a PS and a GB (seems significant), but I'd really love to have used them on my veela, but they are a little heavy + not enough pts. They would be a very perfect wep for her. Still works on a human, tho, and have more str. But range is def nice.

I am still tilted at the combat balance @Teknique (ahaha.) I feel like if they are gonna give you a counter reduce mechanic for after being hit, they should give you a counter mechanic for hitting someone after they swing and you dodge. That would help PS. But, I mean, there are a bunch of things they could do to fix combat. Someone needs to crunch the swing charge vs how quickly you can parry, even out of a swing, numbers and calibrate them better or add in cool down windows.

I fully believe there is a way to make combat GOOD, SKILLFUL and not overly ping based. I mean 150~ ping. I can't do much for aussies and the like. I guess they just gotta learn how to enjoy warping.

But yea 100 PTs PS and I'd take it. Just like MC, I'll find a way to make it work! So tired of all the same boring crap.

Aug 2, 2021
I feel like if they are gonna give you a counter reduce mechanic for after being hit, they should give you a counter mechanic for hitting someone after they swing and you dodge.

This. You SHOULD be "vulnerable" for missing a swing and take extra damage. Would get rid of spam swingers instantly

Gorf

May 8, 2021
I think poleaxes and poleswords should cost additional 100 points, but all the rest should be secondary under meele combat which should be primary. I hate being locked to only one weapon type....I like playstyle of all weapons