Please lock Keeps until siege is in the game.

Title

• Yes

Votes: 36 75.0%
  • No

Votes: 9 18.8%
  • results

Votes: 3 6.3%

• Total voters

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Seems reasonable for keeps. I think it'd be even better since it'll give players something to look forward to and do after initial burnout. Like a players burns out at launch, then comes back for keeps. Would keep players playing longer *pun

Reactions: Tzone

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Lol if they go ahead with keeps on release and no siege it will be another step in the wrong direction from the core of what MO was, maybe we can all hold hands and sing kumbaya as an effort to placate the Risar horde #PeaceOnNave
#HolyFuckinCarebear

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Nah reroll it once at release, the people holding keeps now aren't gonna be holding it at release and if they miss out, they miss out. But yea in general bad mojo, the whole siege thing, but MO.... jo. :eek:

Edit: nvm yea full lock makes sense, but in MO terms prol not gonna happen. Why dey add em. Infact, I think siege is coming before release, even if it's extra garby.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Nah reroll it once at release, the people holding keeps now aren't gonna be holding it at release and if they miss out, they miss out. But yea in general bad mojo, the whole siege thing, but MO.... jo. :eek:

Edit: nvm yea full lock makes sense, but in MO terms prol not gonna happen. Why dey add em. Infact, I think siege is coming before release, even if it's extra garby.
Siege last we hear its coming at minimum a month after release, but could be multiple months.

Runaljod

Jan 3, 2021
Housing can be left out at launch and held off while they finish up TC and sieging mechanics then introduce it all at the same time. Seems the most fair thing they could do for the players.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Housing can be left out at launch and held off while they finish up TC and sieging mechanics then introduce it all at the same time. Seems the most fair thing they could do for the players.
I think housing is fine, Housing is not meant to generally be seigeable anyways. If you dont like your neighbor then I think it can wait a couple of months. But keeps are power. Maybe not a lot of power at first with out TC but still very powerfull.

Reactions: Xunila
I think housing is fine, Housing is not meant to generally be seigeable anyways. If you dont like your neighbor then I think it can wait a couple of months. But keeps are power. Maybe not a lot of power at first with out TC but still very powerfull.
This is a good observation, as it satisfies the average player while not inherently butchering the political scene which mostly happens at the global rather than local scale.

People should need to risk having their keep torn down as it's constructed, and I'm not talking about only in the first 30 seconds when it has 20,000 health and their enemies have a handful of mauls. The most efficient time to siege a keep is when its health is low, and there are enough established alliances now that such an attack on their opposition is probable.

The above will be the reality of things for anyone else building once sieging has made its way in, and there is no benefit in giving an artificial advantage to early adopters of the game.

Archiel

Apr 5, 2021
Housing isn't really an issue but it can lead to juicy political fighting, I hope they expand the no building zone around towns to cover a larger area though, already there are houses too close to town it breaks immersion riding down a road and someone is build a house right in the middle of it

Reactions: Xunila

LordMega

Dec 2, 2020
Housing isn't really an issue but it can lead to juicy political fighting, I hope they expand the no building zone around towns to cover a larger area though, already there are houses too close to town it breaks immersion riding down a road and someone is build a house right in the middle of it

Right now what's starting to happen around towns is murderers/rats/griefers set up houses near the town, usually near the graveyard or on the road out of town. These people like to attack new players, random players, pretty much anyone they can. They'll kill people who can barely fight a zombie. They'll murder the horse of someone who just bought their first horse on their way out of town. And if you gather some people to group up and fight them to put them in their place, they will go hide in their house. If you get creative and get someone to earthquake them, they'll just use the 10 second logout to get off until you get bored so they log in 20 mins later and start the cycle again.

This is a problem. If the reviews for this game are already this borderline, I can't imagine what they will look like when the game launches and everyone just gets trolled by people who run into their unkilleable safe logout houses. If you added in Siege equipment, this dynamic would immediately change, because anyone who was significantly annoying would get their house blown up by the angry mob. Now, you're pretty much powerless to do anything unless you invest a lot of time to strategize, outnumber and outplay these guys. Hopefully you can execute them before they run in, close their door and vanish from the game 10 seconds later. But probably not.

Players need tools to address these situations. The idea that people are going to have immortal little ratshacks at launch as a base of operations to grief everyone in sight, and there's really nothing we can do about it, is silly.