Please allow spaces in guild names

Draug

May 22, 2021
Sverige
www.vikingsonshrooms.com
Spaces are not allowed in guild names currently, forcing most to use either abbreviations or with the entire name (with suffix and prefix) as a single word.

I suggest allowing spaces in guild names to:
  1. Encourage guilds to use names instead of cryptic abbreviations.
  2. Allow better readability: "TheNorthernAlliance" vs "The Northern Alliance" for example.

This may not seem an issue now, but with an influx of players (and new guilds) we will have a number of guilds using the same or similar abbreviations - as lack of spacing discourage guilds to write out their entire name. It also gives a lackluster impression for a game released in 2021.

Woody

Apr 4, 2021
To anticipate name tag length being a concern for character limit/clutter, why not allow guilds to set two fields:

• A full guild name with spaces
  • An abbreviation or Acronym 3-4 letters long.
    • Maybe the Acronym can also be used to help signify guilds in an alliance?
By default when viewing a character you see their guild's Acronym. A hotkey can be set that when held reveals the full name. The default value (name or acronym) can be swapped around in settings.

Guild Wars 1 and other games had this kind of approach and it worked well.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
I would rather just have a guild tag/acronym a few letters long that stays with the character name on the target bar. It is too hard to read a guild name when someone is moving or is in a crowd.

Draug

May 22, 2021
Sverige
www.vikingsonshrooms.com
I would rather just have a guild tag/acronym a few letters long that stays with the character name on the target bar. It is too hard to read a guild name when someone is moving or is in a crowd.

Guild Wars 1did some good things, however, using only a tag doesn't solve the issue with the guilds that have the same tag.

The Northern Alliance
The New Aftermath
The Next Age

"TNA"

They would all use the same tag.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
I posted the exact same suggestion quite a while back, but seems like it hasn't made it into the game yet.

I'm not sure why this isn't something that could be easily done.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Guild Wars 1did some good things, however, using only a tag doesn't solve the issue with the guilds that have the same tag.

The Northern Alliance
The New Aftermath
The Next Age

"TNA"

They would all use the same tag.
In MO1 a tag could only be used by one group. I think it is already that way for long form names now, as well.

Rorry

May 30, 2020
Kansas
Well, it would because it did. Each would just have to use a variant so that they would all be different. The first to form would likely take TNA. One might take NA, etc.