Pet dying starving no matter what I do

Markiel

Nov 22, 2022
I bought the game a couple months ago and stopped to play because every time I logged in my pet was under the ground and I had to call the GM to unstuck him. I came to play again a few days ago and this bug stopped (YEY), but now there's another one, I already lost two pets, and the second one I almost lost two times due this bug, he didn't survive the third time. No matter what I do, when I loggout my pet stay online starving to death, I tried to stay the closest I can to him, didn't work, I tried to call him before loggout, didn't work, and the last time, I TRIED TO PUT HIM ON STABLE AND HE DIED THERE!!! He died while his model/object wasn't even in the game!!!

I loved this game, seriously, But all this pet bug make the game for me unplayable, I love summoner/Pet gameplay, but right now I can't, Pet take too much time to level up and starting from zero every time because of a bug drain my patience.

I will come back to check the game in a few months, again, I loved the game, really loved, and have hopes, but right now, it's unplayable for me.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I loved this game, seriously, Put all this pet bug make the game for me unplayable, I love summoner/Pet gameplay, but right now I can't, Pet take too much time to level up and starting from zero every time because of a bug drain my patience.

Yea, shit was worse before with pets disappearing. I stopped even trying to bring an extra back or with me for bags. As it is now, it's better, but if your stuff disappears, you def gotta hope a GM is on call. When you sub ticket, do it under "stuck" and say "pet disappeared."

Reactions: Markiel

Doom and Gloom

Mar 12, 2022
I'd really love the pet system too, if it worked, but it hasn't since the "launch" at all. The pets are sadly very badly designed anyway, still waiting for their power balancing so most of them aren't just trash, and pet armor so they don't die in 3 hits.

The pet levelling process is just afking, not engaging or skill-based in any way, similar to other resource gathering really, although with resources you at least need to go to tje right place.

Pets are too slow to catch mounts and will die to arrows every time, some can't even catch people walking away (crab), and they suck at any PVE except like bandits, and even then they can only take one at a time except for the uber pets.

And why would you spend gold and time for a stronger pet, when it will die instantly anyone sees it in the wild anyways, with no repercussions to anyone.

The pet talents even are designed pretty poorly and many of them shown in the game for ages despite not doing anything.

The pet controlling options are very limited, and until apparently last patch the pets have been unable to follow on horse, idk how well it works now though, guessing not super well like most things they put out.

Reactions: Markiel

Markiel

Nov 22, 2022
I contacted the GM and he bring my Pet back to life (Thank you very much sir 🙏), but the fear of loggout stay (Also I lost the third one )

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I contacted the GM and he bring my Pet back to life (Thank you very much sir 🙏), but the fear of loggout stay (Also I lost the third one )

good on the GM but the game is ass when it comes to bugs. You just hope the GMs are decent. They def play favorites, but if you play a good role you will be treated well. I think some day GMs, if they forgot, will realize I am also trying to help da gm.

Markiel

Nov 22, 2022
Ok, this time my pet died in the stable and the GM couldn't help because he didn't appear at his tool, maybe this time he's dead for good (And I'm not in Haven anymore, so no easy bear to tame). Here's what I think that may be happened:

1- Probably Lag Compensation Issue, I'm playing it from Brazil and the server (as far as I know) is in Londom. So I loggout, and because of the delay, the server didn't get the instruction to log me out or when he receive the instruction, my client isn't online anymore and he can't do anything about it, keeping me and my pet logged in, and by inactivity eventually my character is kicked out, but my pet stay online dying by starving.

2 - When I stable my pet, it's probably just a visual bug due the lag compensation, on my side the pet is visually stabled while the server never got the stable request, and server side, my pet is following me, while in my client there's no pet.

Since things happens first on my client, like when I hit a zombie, on my client show that I hit it, but on real time I didn't, but the "Lag Compensation" say: "No you hit it, register it", this is messing up with my pets, like:

On Client:

1 - Stable request to server;
2 - Imediatly hide the pet without waiting for the server response;

On Server:

1 - Lag;
2 - Received the Stable request, but didn't find the pet to stable in;

And looks like I'm the only one who got this problem, I just bought a horse and I worrying about to take him out of the stable.

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Ok, this time my pet died in the stable and the GM couldn't help because he didn't appear at his tool, maybe this time he's dead for good (And I'm not in Haven anymore, so no easy bear to tame). Here's what I think that may be happened:

1- Probably Lag Compensation Issue, I'm playing it from Brazil and the server (as far as I know) is in Londom. So I loggout, and because of the delay, the server didn't get the instruction to log me out or when he receive the instruction, my client isn't online anymore and he can't do anything about it, keeping me and my pet logged in, and by inactivity eventually my character is kicked out, but my pet stay online dying by starving.

2 - When I stable my pet, it's probably just a visual bug due the lag compensation, on my side the pet is visually stabled while the server never got the stable request, and server side, my pet is following me, while in my client there's no pet.

Since things happens first on my client, like when I hit a zombie, on my client show that I hit it, but on real time I didn't, but the "Lag Compensation" say: "No you hit it, register it", this is messing up with my pets, like:

On Client:

1 - Stable request to server;
2 - Imediatly hide the pet without waiting for the server response;

On Server:

1 - Lag;
2 - Received the Stable request, but didn't find the pet to stable in;

And looks like I'm the only one who got this problem, I just bought a horse and I worrying about to take him out of the stable.

That the servers were like this was an exceptional situation. SV has never shut down the game for 2 days.
Before the patch there were no lags and the nodes didn't crash either. You have to give them a few days to analyze the problems, what went wrong when applying the patch. This must be a terrible experience for new players who just bought the game. I can assure all new players that there were no such issues prior to the patch.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
That the servers were like this was an exceptional situation. SV has never shut down the game for 2 days.
Before the patch there were no lags and the nodes didn't crash either. You have to give them a few days to analyze the problems, what went wrong when applying the patch. This must be a terrible experience for new players who just bought the game. I can assure all new players that there were no such issues prior to the patch.

It's the lazer lite show or node overpopulation. It bothers me, man. lol SV shut down the game when they could have shut it down at launch... oh noooo. Let me not rile myself.

Fucking MO. I put a curse on MO1 when I left LOL. I haven't put a curse on MO2 YET. I'm close. You guys keep fucking w/ me and I'll curse your game :eek:

Anabolic Man

Sep 7, 2020
Sv got Ddos attacked.
During the heaviest lags of the night, not too many players were online.
Before that, there were significantly more players online and got no lags before the update.

I've been following Jonah's Steam. Every game he plays is attacked by a bot network and Henrick has confirmed that MO2 was also attacked.

Jonah must have really upset a player with a bot network. I have never experienced that with any other streamer.

That probably wasn't the only problem. Something went wrong with this patch.

We've already had several huge stress test events where half the server took part to stress a single node to the maximum and no node was crashed.

I think SV will deploy some DDos protection to prevent such attacks in the future. Maybe from Cloudfire or something and hotfix the stuff that have gone wrong with that update.

I've visited many of the hotspots where the Elementalism Drops can spawn. In none of these regions were there so many players that it would have crashed the nodes.
The patch caused some problems and the ddos attacks made those problems worse. At least that's my assumption.

DDoS

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Sv got Ddos attacked.
During the heaviest lags of the night, not too many players were online.
Before that, there were significantly more players online and got no lags before the update.

I've been following Jonah's Steam. Every game he plays is attacked by a bot network and Henrick has confirmed that MO2 was also attacked.

Jonah must have really upset a player with a bot network. I have never experienced that with any other streamer.

That probably wasn't the only problem. Something went wrong with this patch.

We've already had several huge stress test events where half the server took part to stress a single node to the maximum and no node was crashed.

I think SV will deploy some DDos protection to prevent such attacks in the future. Maybe from Cloudfire or something and hotfix the stuff that have gone wrong with that update.

I've visited many of the hotspots where the Elementalism Drops can spawn. In none of these regions were there so many players that it would have crashed the nodes.
The patch caused some problems and the ddos attacks made those problems worse. At least that's my assumption.

DDoS

v interesting. The ghost of insta.

Markiel

Nov 22, 2022
Sadly this is happening to me since October~November, I already give some time to see if they fix the bug, but it's never happens, and worse, this doesn't happen with everyone, one of the GM said: "I never heard about a pet dying at stable", but this is a very frequent bug, like, 50% of chance to my pet die if I loggout or put him on stable, NO JOKE! And looks like that will never be fixed, the ADM Staff doesn't know about the bug or doesn't know how to fix it, and since this doesn't happen to everyone, but it's always happen to me and as far as I know, only me, this will not be a priority bug fix (Also, this bug it's in the game at least since October).

Last edited:

Markiel

Nov 22, 2022
They didn't mention anything about this bug in this patch, I would like to know from Devs if this is on a To do/Known issues list, if you guys are working on it