Penalty for crimes

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
I am very demanding of games. There are only a few I can play. Tried to play the cultish game Skyrim, but... don't like it.

Mortal 2 online is like Skyrim online - but I love it. Everything is different there. I think that the creators did a wonderful job, making a beautiful game with an excellent atmosphere, music, UI, world and mechanics.

In reality, there are people who would kill you just for your jacket, views, or wallet. They don't do it not because they are not murderers, but afraid of the consequences (police, prison). Instead, they do it in the game because it lets them to do it with impunity.

I like the present rules. In another post, I wrote that this game could have headshots implemented to make the fights more natural.

One of members answered: "no, because I do not want to be fragged just by one shot while mining!"

In reality, they can one-shot you also, but they do not do it due to avoid consequences (police), not because they respect you.

I am a fresh player. Some1 killed my horse just to kill my horse.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In my opinion this game should give you an opportunity to hire an NPC (AI) head hunter, who would track all murderers like in Assassin's Creed. NPC can suddenly track the murderer down and startle him at random moment when he's beating eg: mobs. NPC should be well geared as head hunters are. Murderers need to feel that murder is not acceptable by most of players.

PvP is beautiful in this game, but this game is not only about PvP. People are fishing, mining, opening doors (for house mates) and suddenly are startled by some1 well prepared to fight who uses his advantage. Before we change fishing rode on weapon, oriented what's going on we don't have 30% of HP taken by arrows from stealth.

This game is a big social experiment which shows how people are. It shows and answers why there are wars on our planet Earth. Maybe this player who killed my horse just for fun, would kill my dog in realty also just for fun if not police, wouldn't he?

I think this games supports murderers at the same time calling them in this way.
Is it that my talented creators what you want to? Support their foolness and stupidity? Most of players are fine, they even give you something, heal up, wave... but this game supports those who are on the very low self-awareness level. Show them how to do crimes with impunity.

Thank you,
Player

Last edited:

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Bringing Red Names back even just as a visual would be a nice penalty even if it would serve no other purpose than to visually alert those out in the world that they need to "beware" when they see these people pass by. They could make it more interesting by doing something like the more murders you have the more dark red the name plate becomes.

Edit: This way it would have no effect on the reputation system they are trying to build out. It would only serve as a visual warning for other players and perhaps a nice trophy for those wanting to be known as "murderers"

Last edited:
Reactions: Aeon

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
No More npcs to crouch. While i agree the law system needs to be reworked and i believe a whitness system could replace the current obsene mechanics.

Bringing Red Names back even just as a visual would be a nice penalty even if it would serve no other purpose than to visually alert those out in the world that they need to "beware" when they see these people pass by. They could make it more interesting by doing something like the more murders you have the more dark red the name plate becomes.

Edit: This way it would have no effect on the reputation system they are trying to build out. It would only serve as a visual warning for other players and perhaps a nice trophy for those wanting to be known as "murderers"

Nono, i rather have players figuring out the dangers of wilderness conflict rather than dumbing down the experience saying -> this dude Is a murderer.

People don't need silly status notifications they need a solid understanding on the law rules so they can use them to their advantage. Obviously right now the MC system Is so broken that doesn't even work as intended and thats even better than if it did, cuz ress to report mechanic Is stupid as fuck.

Sometimes i feel players don't play but they are mainstream tourists, expecting this game to be more tourist friendly, when it should actually encourage More and better diegetic immersive experiences. Thats the beauty of mortal, the unknown and the unpredictable nature of people, and you want red nicknames.

D

Dracu

At this point i would only trust people with atleast 1k hours who have went through the Hype-love-despair-hate cycle of mortal online with feedback. The hate stage gives the best constructive feedback while the ones before often miss the greater pictures.

Anyways, welcome to mo, where your feedback and suggestions will be gloriously ignored by the devs but you will be able to argue for days with fellow players who may be playing the game... Maybe

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

Still say Red = open pvp and that's the only penalty would be so great for the game lol. You think these guys would get camped? I doubt it. It might take a sec to 'adjust' with a lot of PKing for awhile tho, but it would settle down.

As for killing horses, I already spoke in another thread about how miserable you can make someone's life in game if you want to, within the flag system, and never get a MC. Never lose a rep. Horses are high value, that's why I said everyone shud take taming, but there are still spots where you are walkin' a long way to a spawn without a horse and that's one of the most vulnerable positions you can be in if people don't like you or people don't know you.

The most fascinating thing in MO is building a rep I think! There aren't that many people in the game. You will see those people again. I got killed at spawn by this guild by an ETERNAL house and I decced them. I do my own thing, so I've only seen them once (1v1) in the days after, but I mean, you will get your chance. I dunno how long it lasts tho.

If you wanna make your MO play time about doling out punishment, you def can. haha. These kids are softer, too. I am always playing 'hardcore tongue in cheek,' like the whole horse spawn glitch (which we outlasted yeee.)

You really missed out (@OP) w/ MO1, such a janky game, but it was so interesting! We can only hope they add some of the content. In the meantime, being able to pull a 120 LB means you can kill any horse at any time loool. well, basically.

Like so:

I think the universal currency of MO2 is GRANUM, even tho we have some multi acct miners ahem. And the debt you should take vs your enemies is HORSES. Don't waste your time killing local horses, kill out of town horses. Plenty of people are trying to gouge on broker. Horses are sooo soft. I dunno. I mean, I haven't killed someone's horse on a drive by in awhile haha. I'd do it if it was a certain person or guild tho. I mean, I killed the war dec guy's horse but that was a fight. Def just gird ya loins and get ready to cripple supply chains, and stock horses... logistics, brew.

CherryKush

Jan 25, 2022
Very good idea. But apart from it, they deserve something more.
I enjoyed the red name plates in MO1 and also like them at the beginning or MO2...
No More npcs to crouch. While i agree the law system needs to be reworked and i believe a whitness system could replace the current obsene mechanics.

Nono, i rather have players figuring out the dangers of wilderness conflict rather than dumbing down the experience saying -> this dude Is a murderer.

People don't need silly status notifications they need a solid understanding on the law rules so they can use them to their advantage. Obviously right now the MC system Is so broken that doesn't even work as intended and thats even better than if it did, cuz ress to report mechanic Is stupid as fuck.

Sometimes i feel players don't play but they are mainstream tourists, expecting this game to be more tourist friendly, when it should actually encourage More and better diegetic immersive experiences. Thats the beauty of mortal, the unknown and the unpredictable nature of people, and you want red nicknames.
I enjoyed the murderer red name plates in MO1 and also like them at the beginning of MO2 so pretending this is some extreme out of the blue idea is a bit over dramatic... The reason Henrik said they did away with them was because of the new reputation system they are building out in the game so the idea of making them only "visual" would work with their new rep system to bring them back.

I'm actually all for the guards in blue cities killing the murderers, but I'll go a step further. I wish there were only pirate red city's as well where the guards killed the blues, and maybe 1 neutral city somewhere that had guards protect both blues and reds unless someone attacked the other first. I don't think that's going to happen but it would make things much more interesting imo. Much more so than the bounty hunting system currently.

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
I wish there were only pirate red city's as well where the guards killed the blues, and maybe 1 neutral city somewhere that had guards protect both blues and reds unless someone attacked the other first.
And this way we have naturally selected two fractions like in WoW. Alliance and Horde (and neutral Dalaran) :) The difference is that, you become the Horde just for killing (even those who are afk) - not due to visual preferences xD

Reactions: CherryKush

Blackdoll

Dec 3, 2022
Anyways, welcome to mo, where your feedback and suggestions will be gloriously ignored by the devs but you will be able to argue for days with fellow players who may be playing the game... Maybe
Very smart words mate. The problem is that Mortal 2 is a real masterpiece. Pity, we cannot improve it to perfection.
It is not a skill-based game if you are in basic gear and get attacked by someone with good gear - then it is a gear-based game.

In New World, you can activate (only in the city) the flag for PvP or not. In Call of Duty rules are equal for everyone and still, there are much better players than others because they have the skill (not gear).