Pax Dei Wilderness Alpha:

Amadman

May 28, 2020
A padded room.
I made it to Iron and crafted a few basic weapon like some 1h mace. Unfortunately I lacked the flax to craft decent armor. Tried some PVE mobs (humanoids) but they destoryed me hardcore. To most I'm about 3 hits (with ~170 life). Dodging or outmanuevering seems to be not working. So you can only trade damage...
I never dared to engage with a humanoid. They all seemed to be properly geared and I was pretty much running around in stockings with a stick.

Never messed with a bear this time either. Not sure how I would have stood against one but I did not seem to be prepared for it.

What was holding me back was trying to figure out how to unlock the axe for larger trees so I could get the higher wood.

I know I had done it in the first testing but could not remember how. I actually progressed much further in that one.

In that first test I had the higher tables, was able to make both weapons and gear, cut larger trees and actually fought and killed bears.

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
Who's in? I didn't get into the first one, but I saw something about how they sent out the invites today, and I checked that e-mail. Wew. We made it.

A week long, too, seems legit. I hope it's not trash.
I am playing Pax, sadly vision is a big issue. The begining area is hazy. I watch youtube videos the game is alot clearer on videos, but I need to find a starting out vid. that has the same area to really compare/ God if MO@ had a building sys like this, it would be so cool.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I am playing Pax, sadly vision is a big issue. The begining area is hazy. I watch youtube videos the game is alot clearer on videos, but I need to find a starting out vid. that has the same area to really compare/ God if MO@ had a building sys like this, it would be so cool.

yoyo. I stopped Pax because their craft system is cancer atm. They said there is a big patch coming in 'the fall.'

I think their vision is probably an issue, but I am trying to talk to them on Reddit. People seem to be liking, viewing, and sharing my posts, but I dunno what that relates to in regards to devs.

I've made like 5 threads on the crafting system, and I think they are finally getting it, but it needs more, like the pvp needs to work, the combat is bad, due to the mechanics. People are too tanky and they can just run away. Check it.
1:00 is the 'engagement.'

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
yoyo. I stopped Pax because their craft system is cancer atm. They said there is a big patch coming in 'the fall.'

I think their vision is probably an issue, but I am trying to talk to them on Reddit. People seem to be liking, viewing, and sharing my posts, but I dunno what that relates to in regards to devs.

I've made like 5 threads on the crafting system, and I think they are finally getting it, but it needs more, like the pvp needs to work, the combat is bad, due to the mechanics. People are too tanky and they can just run away. Check it.
1:00 is the 'engagement.'
The combat looks horrifically bad. Which in the MMORPG world, is a positive indicator for a game's success.

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
I would love if MO2 had a byukding sys like this game, I wonder why the map is not clear though. It looks like you are looking down through thin clouds.

Last edited:

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The combat looks horrifically bad. Which in the MMORPG world, is a positive indicator for a game's success.

It's stupid in practice and it's got some bad mechanics (like hard stun; the problem with hard stun, if everyone can do it is battles are just stun locks.)

People are so tanky, there isn't stuff like sprint break from MO, so people just float away. They have good armor + food buffs which are ridiculous. Watching people do 8 damage or some shit to someone with 180 health is like Y I K E S.

Still, if they listen, it could be ok. They need to add depth and balance. It's definitely not gonna be the kind of game where you have epic 1 on 1s. But you should be able to confirm kills. That's really step number 1.

The one positive about the way the combat plays right now is they COULD add a lot of effects like minor slows, injuries/effects and have it be more about that stuff. But yeah there is no way they are gonna make it play like a lot of the faster paced games that require more twitch skill. I think they could, maybe, but it would probably be worse than it is.

That's what we're all sitting on the side for, more than anything. The combat is only available in one area as well.

I mean, it's possible for them to have a combat system like a free target Guild Wars 1 (which was good imo, and balanced, good enough to run tourneys,) that's their best bet, I think. Right now, it is a freaking joke. I post all this shit about pvp, but I have not engaged in it once. haha. Just by watching vids it's like yeah no.

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
God, if MO2 had a building/crafting sys like it it would be cool, IMO. MO2 ia a lot easier to see in though.

Salohcin

Nov 29, 2020
Is ecry starter area hazy> I want it clear like this vid., but it hasn't been for me yet. I don't mean getting rid of anything, but the air has no haze.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Is ecry starter area hazy> I want it clear like this vid., but it hasn't been for me yet. I don't mean getting rid of anything, but the air has no haze.

You playin'? I put it down for awhile. Not sure if the next update is gonna be good enough. Definitely a huge missed opportunity if they blow it.