Patch Notes 1.0.10.15 Discussion

What do you think of this patch?

• Total voters

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The thing is if you're making pets 300 primaries required, 591 for all combat related perks, and 691 if you want to be able to tame your own pets...

You basically get into a point where pets are all a pet build can do. And if pets are all a pet build can do, then they actually do deserve to be insanely powerful even if they aren't that difficult to command.

I kind of prefer pets being more of a dip skill because I feel like pet builds should always be pets + mage or pets + fighter. A lot of the skill from a pet build should come from combining it with your other thing to maximum effect.

I don't entirely hate the idea of a build that can do nothing but pets. I think well done that would be amazing. But there is SO much SV would need to change and add to make such a build compelling I have no faith that it will ever be well done. Pets as a complement to another role is simply easier to implement and balance so I think that's the direction SV realistically should go.

The only reason it's not a real build is because you can't properly heal your pet. If vet made that work, it would be cool, but it's hard to imagine how it would work haha. Get some baby powder to throw on your pet while it's fighting.

I disagre w/ the hybrid take. I wanna see pure beast master. Like foot archer beast master... be almost as strong as a melee fighter except have range + once you lose your pet you're done. Trapping is something I miss from other games, too! But all that stuff goes under the same umbrella. Magic should not be tied to pets IMO! esp if they are moving Vet under AC. It better be long distance good heals.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Veterinary is working fine for PvE (bandits, sator, ...) because one can ride away, dismount, bandage the pet, mount again and go for the next attack. Impossible to use veterinary in PvP. I would like to get the MO1 feature to feed pets with potions.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
While I agree that major buffs to veterinary would be needed to make "pure beastmaster" a compelling role. It's far from the only thing.

Essentially, for a pure beastmaster to be fun and compelling role it you would need commanding your creatures around the field to be a highly involved thing. For instance, I would want the ability to have have one pet attack from the front while I command my other pet to run past the target to the right, then turn around and initiate combat with the same target using a special attack. You could kind of get that with a pure "go there" command but I feel like making that fluid/non-janky is probably going to require a bit more.

Making this engaging would require MASSIVE improvements to the pet command system. I should be able to be constantly increase my combat value by micromanaging my pets. Their "hold the cursor on the pet to charge up it's attack" is a terrible way to go about it IMO. For one thing, that's not engaging. For another, that incentivizes not using herding, which I think 2-3 pets should probably be standard for an engaging pure beastmaster role.

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
SV doesn't give a damn about the existing playerbase, that is why we aren't getting free respec.

It's all about duping new players into paying the box price thinking it's a complete game and not an open beta.
As a floated company you cant dupe as share price and eventual bankruptcy ensue.

Magestica

Mar 1, 2021
While I agree that major buffs to veterinary would be needed to make "pure beastmaster" a compelling role. It's far from the only thing.

Essentially, for a pure beastmaster to be fun and compelling role it you would need commanding your creatures around the field to be a highly involved thing. For instance, I would want the ability to have have one pet attack from the front while I command my other pet to run past the target to the right, then turn around and initiate combat with the same target using a special attack. You could kind of get that with a pure "go there" command but I feel like making that fluid/non-janky is probably going to require a bit more.

Making this engaging would require MASSIVE improvements to the pet command system. I should be able to be constantly increase my combat value by micromanaging my pets. Their "hold the cursor on the pet to charge up it's attack" is a terrible way to go about it IMO. For one thing, that's not engaging. For another, that incentivizes not using herding, which I think 2-3 pets should probably be standard for an engaging pure beastmaster role.
maybe better still a pet mind transfer where the beastmaster swaps to control the pet first person.

Gnidex

Feb 2, 2022
As a floated company you cant dupe as share price and eventual bankruptcy ensue.
Wtf are you talking about? The stock price already tanked after release when they managed less than 1% retention of all the players that bought it.

The game is being run by a skeleton crew as is.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
So, buds, this is the patch note thread... the patch, etc, already given my impressions, but as a greater 'game health' thing, I am worried. ALTHO! Since it was Christmas yesterday, I figured I'd do something crazy n deleted my youtubes :eek: :eek: so I am in a kind of I DON'T CARE mindset.

Still, I've said this exact same thing before. I think it was in Bakti in Beta last time I mentioned this. I play a bit. I meet people. See the same people, they are doing this, doing that, then it seems like they are just mostly standing around the town, then they quit.

HOW CAN YOU LOSE PLAYERS WHO ARE BASICALLY ON YOUR GAME 24/7?? It's not a PK issue, trust me. lol. I dunno, buds. I guess I'll cool it on shitposting for awhile, but I did want to say once again that altho I think SV is coming thru with stuff like (as addressed on first page) weather system, new content etc... it's just STILL NOT RIGHT.

Like I was talking to a friend and asking him why he won't play and he said the game is boring, and it's like wait... how can Mortal Online... be boring? It can, of course, but it helps you see things more clearly as to why the 'vision' is failing. Who wants this grind content? Vets? Maybe for awhile. New players? Maybe some people who JUST are coming in and think they are doing major things like YE I MAKE STAX OF GOLD.

The most simple way I can put this is... remember the sky in MO1, the whole world seemed kind of beaten down. It wasn't 'post apocalyptic,' per se, but it gave the impression of a world that had undergone some sort of a disaster or was at least less inhabitable than earth. Because of that, it made it seem like stuff like TC/towns/world were all influenced by this 'different' world. It had a kinda theme like Diablo 2 had, something you'd miss if you lost it (see MO 2.)

So, like, TINDREM is a big city with a bunch of people who are snobbish and they are too arrogant to accept the world is FUCKED, too arrogant to accept that TINDREM is the world's ghetto basically, so they just look down on everyone and stay inside the gates. It just seems like we're going away from that. I don't mind playing against bots if I have to haha. There is enough to do. It's almost impossible to not find SOMEONE around, but think about multiboxing, think about alts, and think about how it's been basically a year and how much content they have added to the game, but... the game is still facing the same problems.

It's not because of some niche. I mean it IS a niche game, but the people who play... are into the niche? It's more about a failure to draw a line from early game to success without getting carried, working hard, or being something like me who just plays the game different and does whatever.

SV: adding grind content to your game is BAD. It's not even bringing people back anymore. Looks like we might lose another 100 max members when the Dec number drops. So that's 2 months of -100, if you count 3, it's a large portion of the pop, and remember PEOPLE ARE STILL MULTIBOXING HARD.

There is a vision flaw, DEVS. HENRIK. I don't hate you! I don't hate SV! Fix the game. You got this big world that more or less works. That's building block 1. You should be able to go from there. So many parts of the game are wack, grindy, or buggy. But you got people who are 'getting bored' in your hardcore full loot pvp sandbox.

STOP ADDING (x)k books, it's dumb. Make it so a player can achieve whatever they want w/ some effort. And yea you can say GRIND MONEY HUE, but that's not it...

Peace! Enjoy da new year. I'll be on dagm.