Patch 0.1.4.5 Feedback

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
Some feedback on the patch today...

• Changes to clades seem ok-ish. Not a fan of the human Action Skill nerf, since lots of skills is what Human is about, but it could have been worse I suppose. Giving Alvarin some bonus to Mining while worsening their botanical oils yields is an awful trade, botanical oils have an abysmal yield rate that makes gathering them not fun or enjoyable in any way for any clade really.
  • New pet UI looks a little better but has several pet level bugs between the tabs I've already encountered and reporting.
  • Taur Dogs seem to make a nice disposable pet but are too isolated in distribution.
  • Clothos spider introduced are pointless. They have no resources worth killing them for. Nobody really cares about vendor trophies.
  • Sator dungeon looks a little better and there seem to be slightly less stuck spots, but there are still numerous places you have to jump over invisible bumps and walls you get stuck in.
  • Sators with spears are neat enemies and the new green ones look very pretty. Their attacks cannot be parried however and hit very hard. It doesn't make sense that you can not parry them. The spears are neat but half durability is kind of a let down.
  • Sator spears seem to have something wonky with the hitbox causing an abnormal amount of handle hits.
  • Attack speed change feels slightly better for chasing/stickying but otherwise in team fights is irrelevant.
  • Sators are still stuck in the walls/ceiling in the Sator Dungeon in large numbers.
  • Fresh tamed pets that are abandoned and then tamed by another have numerous issues.
  • The skill optimize button is a very nice feature for newer players/convenience but does not always function properly.
  • Clade gift tooltips and icons look nice. Seeing what is a Buff is a good change.
  • Removal of ghost scouting is a very positive change.
I've saved my only major complaint with the patch for last:

"Mining nodes inside cities now have a lower yield. " I expected this to nerf mining yields inside Morin Khur and Toxai but instead what happened was that you completely removed them. All nodes are now worthless Granum, there is no longer any Saburra inside Morin Khur, in the entrance valley to Morin Khur, in the Morin-Khur-Toxai Valley, or in Toxai. Saburra was historically here in Mortal Online 1 so I am not sure why it was removed. I could understand removing it from inside the city, given that the goal is to make cities safer from griefing than they were in MO1 but the removal of the Saburra from the MK-Toxai valley was a really awful change.

This valley no longer has any resources worth farming. I'm sorry but gherkins, garlic, and apples are worthless resources. Nobody cares about zombies, that's what Haven is for. Bandits are not anything interesting. Toxai now has even LESS resources when it needed some resources worth going there to begin with. But more to the point, this has two major impacts to the game:

1. The entire southern half of the map is more or less forced to live with bone and flakestone for materials worth making anything out of. This means that all of the valuable materials are even more condensed to just Meduli and Gaul'Kor (and to a lesser extent, Fabernum). All of the khurite towns are now starved for resources if the game were to release at the end of September. A previous complaint in the Alpha was that the majority of the valuable resources are isolated to the north half of the map, an issue that is now even worse.

2. There is nothing worth farming in the MK-Toxai valley or entrance. What this means is that there are no real PvP opportunities in this area. Nobody is going to ever really be there except to grab a horse and leave. There are better places to farm Ironbone and Guard Fur. As a result, this area is now as boring as Moh Ki and Bakti.

My suggestion to improve this issue is to either return Saburra to the MK-Toxai valley OR put Calx in the river flowing all the way to Toxai Waterfall so there is a reason to even be in the valley at all.

Last edited:

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Some feedback on the patch today...

• Changes to clades seem ok-ish. Not a fan of the human Action Skill nerf, since lots of skills is what Human is about, but it could have been worse I suppose. Giving Alvarin some bonus to Petrology while worsening their botanical oils yields is an awful trade, botanical oils have an abysmal yield rate that makes gathering them not fun or enjoyable in any way for any clade really.
  • New pet UI looks a little better but has several pet level bugs between the tabs I've already encountered and reporting.
  • Taur Dogs seem to make a nice disposable pet but are too isolated in distribution.
  • Clothos spider introduced are pointless. They have no resources worth killing them for. Nobody really cares about vendor trophies.
  • Sator dungeon looks a little better and there seem to be slightly less stuck spots, but there are still numerous places you have to jump over invisible bumps and walls you get stuck in.
  • Sators with spears are neat enemies and the new green ones look very pretty. Their attacks cannot be parried however and hit very hard. It doesn't make sense that you can not parry them. The spears are neat but half durability is kind of a let down.
  • Sator spears seem to have something wonky with the hitbox causing an abnormal amount of handle hits.
  • Attack speed change feels slightly better for chasing/stickying but otherwise in team fights is irrelevant.
  • Sators are still stuck in the walls/ceiling in the Sator Dungeon in large numbers.
  • Fresh tamed pets that are abandoned and then tamed by another have numerous issues.
  • The skill optimize button is a very nice feature for newer players/convenience but does not always function properly.
  • Clade gift tooltips and icons look nice. Seeing what is a Buff is a good change.
  • Removal of ghost scouting is a very positive change.
I've saved my only major complaint with the patch for last:

"Mining nodes inside cities now have a lower yield. " I expected this to nerf mining yields inside Morin Khur and Toxai but instead what happened was that you completely removed them. All nodes are now worthless Granum, there is no longer any Saburra inside Morin Khur, in the entrance valley to Morin Khur, in the Morin-Khur-Toxai Valley, or in Toxai. Saburra was historically here in Mortal Online 1 so I am not sure why it was removed. I could understand removing it from inside the city, given that the goal is to make cities safer from griefing than they were in MO1 but the removal of the Saburra from the MK-Toxai valley was a really awful change.

This valley no longer has any resources worth farming. I'm sorry but gherkins, garlic, and apples are worthless resources. Nobody cares about zombies, that's what Haven is for. Bandits are not anything interesting. Toxai now has even LESS resources when it needed some resources worth going there to begin with. But more to the point, this has two major impacts to the game:

1. The entire southern half of the map is more or less forced to live with bone and flakestone for materials worth making anything out of. This means that all of the valuable materials are even more condensed to just Meduli and Gaul'Kor (and to a lesser extent, Fabernum). All of the khurite towns are now starved for resources if the game were to release at the end of September. A previous complaint in the Alpha was that the majority of the valuable resources are isolated to the north half of the map, an issue that is now even worse.

2. There is nothing worth farming in the MK-Toxai valley or entrance. What this means is that there are no real PvP opportunities in this area. Nobody is going to ever really be there except to grab a horse and leave. There are better places to farm Ironbone and Guard Fur. As a result, this area is now as boring as Moh Ki and Bakti.

My suggestion to improve this issue is to either return Saburra to the MK-Toxai valley OR put Calx in the river flowing all the way to Toxai Waterfall so there is a reason to even be in the valley at all.
Adding onto a few things here. Bears still awkwardly run away before attacking and even during combat do it as well, this hasn't been fixed yet. The White Bear seems to be a good pet still when it actually works. The Dire Wolf, takes too much pet points, it has a very fast attack but even with herding i think the best one could hope for is one lv125 Dire Wolf and one level 40 or so Dire Wolf. I remember in Mo1 it was possible to get 3 Cougars or 3 Taur Dogs. Not sure if it is still possible now. For the pets that don't take 80-100 pet points, i think the weaker pets they need to lower the amount of pet points they use as to allow herding and multiple weaker pets a place in the game. As for now i can't imagine 2 weaker dire wolfs in any position to replace my white bear so i am waiting on Minotaurs or Shore Prowlers.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Sorry for redirecting this but Is the game actually said to be released at the end of September? The Devs confirmed this? Also i do agree it's a bit weird running all the way to Gk for Tephra and noted not many other things to farm for in the game lol. They really should add some variety extra spots for farming sooner rather then later.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Taking out SABURRA from MK? Rly????

It's crazy how SV bows almost instantly to ONE whiny person that flooded Henrik's Twitch to erase Saburra from MK and Toxay when this same person lives MOHKI!?!?!? Why the complaint? Go live in you s... hole and stop to poop in the others neighbourhood or think others garden are greener.

Saburra was in MK in MO1 just by the bridge, bellow it, infront of the GY, that was a fact... wasnt many nodes .... but at least was there ... i rly dk how this one guy conviced them otherwise to make this huge change.

About other things in patch ... it was great one.. and the nerf of nodes inside town make totally sense ... but bend over every time some whiny b.... complain ... really SV and Henrik u guys were better at this point on handling this.
If anything we need more resource nodes xD

Doughnut

Apr 30, 2021
Seems the squeaky wheel got the grease, shows that if we want something changed all we have to do is spam @henric over and over again and eventually he will capitulate and change whatever we want.

Every section of the map should have something worthwhile in it, especially capital cities Like Tindrem and MK...capitals don't just form in an area for no fucking reason, they are always near places of great wealth or trade.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020
Seems the squeaky wheel got the grease, shows that if we want something changed all we have to do is spam @henric over and over again and eventually he will capitulate and change whatever we want.

Every section of the map should have something worthwhile in it, especially capital cities Like Tindrem and MK...capitals don't just form in an area for no fucking reason, they are always near places of great wealth or trade.
What is your favorite flavor of donut.

PoisonArrows

Aug 7, 2020

I can't promise to be the grease to your wheel, but i can be the frosting to your donut.

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
So can anyone logically explain why most cities have at least 2 dif stone resources (aka granum and calx, all thats needed for grain steel)
and MK now ONLY has Granum?
The saburra there was hands down not as valuable as possible calx nodes. You need a tiny amount of saburra for steel...

MK is hands down one of the very worst towns in the game. Worse that literal shit holes like bakthi/vadda/mohki, who i hoped would stay shit holes and where meant to be some.

Now they are bustling cities with everything they need (or have been promised to get it soon) and the capital City of the Khurites is like 10 times worse?!
Is the only reason for the position of MK the imaginary trade from Toxai harbour? But what would ANYONE ever want to trade from MK? More Granum? :D

Not a single reason to stay in MK now...

Funny how every city I enter gets nerfed a few weeks later... Got a feeling some of the especially squeaky wheels really dont like me and have the ear of henrik 24/7

Maybbe we all need to start spamming shit in his live streams, if this is what it comes down to.

Should never, ever listened to that person out of principle... I can imagine how the next live streams are going to be like now that everyone knows spamming is the way to go.... (time to use some of my 8k points, i guess. at least thats 800 priority messages saying "give MK back its saburra" :D )

Reactions: Oddball

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
Waited for months for the man-eating tress to get fixed...
Longer for the lag spots to be fixed...

Takes one dude crying in stream to take away all saburra....

It would beb funny, if it wasnt so sad.

Either SV is suuuuuuupeeeeeer heavily biased.
Or just really, really bad at listening to feedback and weighing it for importance -.-

Evelyn

Jan 6, 2021
The worst part of it is that they didn't even remove the mountains of Sandstone covering the entire valley. They just wrote "Granum" over it with a sharpie. It's sandstone that now gives only granite rocks. It has the same texture as sandstone (Saburra) in Meduli but is just magically granite (granum) for no reason.

This has to be a mistake made somewhere along the way to changing town yields...

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
The worst part of it is that they didn't even remove the mountains of Sandstone covering the entire valley. They just wrote "Granum" over it with a sharpie. It's sandstone that now gives only granite rocks. It has the same texture as sandstone (Saburra) in Meduli but is just magically granite (granum) for no reason.

This has to be a mistake made somewhere along the way to changing town yields...
I agree

it just looks stupid

maybbe they working on a new type of rock behind the scenes?
(i mean i doubt it, i personally think SV just didnt think this through at all. BBut hey, maaaaayyyyybe, just maybbe they had a deeper reasoning behind this than just catering to a single person crying in henriks twitch stream lol)

Suttner

Feb 17, 2021
Btw
where is my horse armour?

even shitty placeholder horse armour from the vendor (similiar tot he bbags) would have beben fine....

ThaBadMan

May 28, 2020
Norway
Waited for months for the man-eating tress to get fixed...
Longer for the lag spots to be fixed...

Takes one dude crying in stream to take away all saburra....

It would beb funny, if it wasnt so sad.

Either SV is suuuuuuupeeeeeer heavily biased.
Or just really, really bad at listening to feedback and weighing it for importance -.-
SV priorities. If it boost player experience it can wait, but if the change hinders or worsens a players gaming experience its high prio...

Bicorps

Jun 27, 2020
I dont understand why they did that with Mining ... probably because Henrik get harass in chat every time he go on live on twitch by 1 kid and probably tough it was a good idee too.

Nan its terrible idee ...
YES there was too much saburra in MK.
YES there should be saburra in MK but VERY few and HIDDEN like on MO1.
YES there should be calx ALL around the freacking river... use a minimum of logic and there should be calx there.

They should really stop listening to random kids that doesnt know anything about the fucking game ...

Im not a big fan of this one. "Mining nodes inside cities now have a lower yield. "

SV priorities. If it boost player experience it can wait, but if the change hinders or worsens a players gaming experience its high prio...

I wanted to write this in my post but didnt knew how to explain it.... its just so true... they LOVED punish us.. they did this so much on MO1.. its like they dont want us to have any fun really ... very sad.

Reactions: Aesorn and Oddball

Putzin

Oct 14, 2020
MK should have some Saburra both East and west need access to basic resources.

not asking for Gabore or Tephra just Saburra. Also why is there no calx in the rivers atleast?? Like huge rivers running through MK to Toxai and not one calx node