Once RPK, RPK forever

boogis

Nov 15, 2020
Im seek and tired that there is so much rpk going on. like ppl kill you for nothing, you didnt do anything bad, sometimes they watch you dying from mobs and they finish you cos this cost nothing to them, they do it for their sick fun. cos they pay nothing for this. after they become murderers they can become blue again and visit cities. but its not fun in a realistic game like this. rpk shouldn't be a thing at all. in realistic mmo murder should be count like a real life murder. you must become a murderer forever. once you killed someone u red forever and then bounty hunters can hunt on you.

but they dont hunt for your head. its nonsense. you care for the heads? its stupid. heads now for sale on market. wtf? ill tell you the way its supposed to be. once you r a murderer all choices you have its keep killing players. but ppl can order you to BH. so BH find u, put you in mercy mode, hand cough you and put on a horse and deliver to the closest blue town jail. for example after last jail time you ve killed 1 person and been caught so you pay like 5 real time days in jail. if you killed 5 people u spent 14 days in jail. if you killed 10 people you stay 30 days in jail. something like this. after jail time your ongoing kills drop to zero but general kills remain. u r still a murderer. but you can pay bail to get out earlier. and it must be thousands of gold. this way all f+++d up players who were killed will feel that this murderer will pay and they get their revenge so they feel satisfied. this way victims will be willing to put hundreds of gold on the head of the killer for BH cos they know he will pay thousands in return or will be separated from normal society for long and don't abuse peaceful citizens.

this way becoming a murderer will be a real commitment. if you have everything in a game - power money, like everything and you feel bored, then you can start to become violent to normal players. that feels sh==t when you get killed for nothing, so whoever wants to have that fun it must be expensive. now everybody has that for free. its gotta stop. if you want pvp, go to guild wars, why is u killing innocent people? for nothing. they make us suffer so they must suffer too.

im going play game like this where everyone can kill everyone just cos they feel so. in this game you lose everything on death, so why i would play such game if i don't feel like fighting random players. im a peaceful guy but im getting f==ed over all the time. im not playing that s==t

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Some of this is incomprehensible to me, language wise, but I think I get most of it. Dudes def don't want jail, been thru that one on mofo1.

I still say, and will continue to say in these threads, that I feel just x MC makes you local grey (appearing RED) pvp outside of towns. MAKES THE MOST SENSE. And if people can't handle it, then they can't handle it, both sides. I don't think the game should do the work for you. You're not supposed to like getting killed. It's supposed to make you want to take action against the person who killed you.

I don't care, and maybe that's what we lack most, fewer people are offended by RPK except mostly new players. There's not even guilds (afaik) trying to trick people into believing they are the good guys.

I will say, the longer you stay and the more you do you, if you don't PK people, dudes will start to know you and some people will respect that a lot and it will open up opportunities for you. The PvP stance of players is what drives the game.

boogis

Nov 15, 2020
u want pvp go to guild wars. im peaceful player im farming resourses. if u wanna kill me fine but you gotta pay a lot for it. read post closely

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
u want pvp go to guild wars. im peaceful player im farming resourses. if u wanna kill me fine but you gotta pay a lot for it. read post closely

why? You wanna farm peacefully, you gotta pay for it, right? :eek: I played GW1, good gam. GW2... played for like 15 min.

Someone might attack you because you are the only person they've seen in 20 minutes and are dying to see something move in a way that is not mob pathing.

Edit: I'm an outlier in this community. In life, I guess. For better or worse, and it can take people a long time to figure that out and respect that. I'm not trying to argue w/ you or anything, I just don't understand why you feel like people shouldn't be able to kill you. Or in another game, why shouldn't people be able to take your mobs? The equalizer in MO is pvp.

I told other dudes I would mentor them, and I would mentor you. Might give me a reason to log into the game. hehh. There might be some simple shit you are doing that is getting you killed more than you should, something that you can easily change. I want everyone to enjoy MO, but you gotta survive, too. By surviving, even if you don't pvp, you are winning by default. That's the whole point of the game: first, be somebody, second, carve out your niche to where you aren't constantly getting stomped out.

It really depends on where you are living, too, but in general, if you are dying a lot, you are probably making a simple mistake that I could help you correct. I could probably follow you around until you die and tell you exactly what the problem is lol.

Last edited:

boogis

Nov 15, 2020
peaceful people pay by keep economy running. this game is gang fest. outlaw must pay not peacefull. idk wat u can mentor me with such twisted mind. mentor your kids and they for sure end up in real life jail. but i dout that ppl with your love preferences can have kidds. good luck

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
This is an open pvp game. Killing someone out in the middle of nowhere shouldn't even give MC. There was nobody around to know.

But honestly I would be fine with perma red if the game wasnt designed to have a heavy reliance on npc towns. If you could easily build a house to live and craft out of I wouldnt care. But you can only build a house by buying deeds from npc towns, etc.

finegamingconnoisseur

May 29, 2020
www.youtube.com
If the murderer gets killed near town, it's an exhaustingly long trip back to their loot bag from way out of nowhere because red priests have been removed from all towns and keeps.

That alone is already going to drive a lot of murderers to operate far away from the civilised world (unless you live in Fabernum, in which case you can expect more murderers due to its close proximity to Kranesh).

If the murderer tries to stick around npc towns too much, trigger-happy bounty hunters will be lining up for a chance to boot the fellow back to the nearest red priest which is far, far away.

As a side note, the ratio of non-rpks to rpks is probably 10:1, most people I meet in the game just want to be left alone to mind their own business. So, murderers are in the minority.

All in all, SV has made life pretty difficult for murderers over the past several major patches. They have had their dastardly profession nerfed to a great extent, no need to nerf it any further.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
If the murderer gets killed near town, it's an exhaustingly long trip back to their loot bag from way out of nowhere because red priests have been removed from all towns and keeps.

That alone is already going to drive a lot of murderers to operate far away from the civilised world (unless you live in Fabernum, in which case you can expect more murderers due to its close proximity to Kranesh).

If the murderer tries to stick around npc towns too much, trigger-happy bounty hunters will be lining up for a chance to boot the fellow back to the nearest red priest which is far, far away.

As a side note, the ratio of non-rpks to rpks is probably 10:1, most people I meet in the game just want to be left alone to mind their own business. So, murderers are in the minority.

All in all, SV has made life pretty difficult for murderers over the past several major patches. They have had their dastardly profession nerfed to a great extent, no need to nerf it any further.
These kind of timesink punitive systems just develop resentment, the more tedious it is the more unforgiving players are going to be, because "they already pay the price".
Would be a silly hyperbollic comparison, but thats what happens whith states that have "strong" narctrafficking and "drug" criminalizing policies often have higher consumption of shit tier drugs while certain de-penalizing has proven to reduce the consumption of shit tier drugs.

The risk-reward and penalties in this game shoulda been thought by people that understand how social structures work, the biggest content mortal has its the lack of behavioral control. That being said, ain't fucking weird the lack of something is the best feature the game has?

Thats whats allways been the key of mortal, player made social structures and a world that should provide a somewhat firm foundation for shit to develop around it.

Guess players want more and harder behavioral hardbrakes just so they can gather wolfbrush to find out it was a waste of time and quit the next day anyways. Some players can get really primitive when frustrated.

u r just a bunch of faggots good bye

:)

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
peaceful people pay by keep economy running. this game is gang fest. outlaw must pay not peacefull. idk wat u can mentor me with such twisted mind. mentor your kids and they for sure end up in real life jail. but i dout that ppl with your love preferences can have kidds. good luck

I'm like Edward Norton in Rounders: I see all the angles.

But yea... I dunno how I exposed my twisted mind to you. You shouldn't be able to tell that by what I posted. Lucky guess?

haha at the ending part. Hey wait a minute, is that some kind of HATE SPEECH? :eek:

I tried.

grendel

Jun 13, 2020
u r just a bunch of faggots good bye
To avoid provoking people with hatespeech, I suggest you use the word "sodomites" instead.

Anyways, It is very possible to play as a peaceful farmer, you cant avoid dying once in a while, but it is possible. I wont offer to help you because you already declined Emdash offer, and I see that your account is from 2020, so I presume you already know alot about the game. Especially the most important lesson; to dont ragequit when someone gank you.
Hope to see you ingame

But I want to farm farmers because they ruin my economy with their cheap prices.
Please elaborate on how discount shops and raw material sellers ruin "your economy".

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Rhias

May 28, 2020
To avoid provoking people with hatespeech, I suggest you use the word "sodomites" instead.

Anyways, It is very possible to play as a peaceful farmer, you cant avoid dying once in a while, but it is possible. I wont offer to help you because you already declined Emdash offer, and I see that your account is from 2020, so I presume you already know alot about the game. Especially the most important lesson; to dont ragequit when someone gank you.
Hope to see you ingame

Please elaborate on how discount shops and raw material sellers ruin "your economy".
They flood the market with goods making it harder for me to sell my goods at decent prices. They invade my market. Invaders must die!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Yo check it out @boogis MO1 had the wackest game design decision EVER. They made it so you had to roll non-combats in a full loot open pvp game!!

THEY MADE IT SO THAT YOU HAD TO ROLL NON COMBAT IF YOU WANTED TO DO ANY SORT OF CRAFTING.

I think a lot of people's opinions changed, even hard crafters (ahem,) once they were able to spec combat as well. Of course, the second wackest design choice ever is ONE CHAR PER ACCT rofl, but let's save it.

Also plz do not personally attack me, that's not cool, bud. I never said anything about you; I offered to help you. That's all I got tho.

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
I think that RED should be perma again. But all red cities should have advantages like Gaul kor.(better ore production) And we would also need a South red City.
They could still be decently far away from blue towns but knowing from distance that someone is a murderer makes getting killed a lot less hard on you. And you are getting less surprised/don't feel so bad.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
These kinda threads make me laugh. Its already enough of an annoyance to be red in this game. Thats one of the reasons its dead and you just have people standing outside towns dueling each other in groups. Henrik made it even more tedious (imagine that) to group of with your guild and just go around and have fun fights. He had PTSD from during launch from MO1 Steam release and cucked the PvPers.

Now look what you have for a game...one that nobody wants to play except for guys like the one making this post and the people who haven't realized how shit the game is and are just coping and hoping that some miracle patch comes that makes population rise. I can't really blame them, I was one of those people in MO1. However, that miracle patch never came. I suppose thats what MO2 was supposed to be lol

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
But full loot does not mean free for all Arena game. And there is the big difference. It's RPG. Actions must have consequences, as much as the must have meaning and sense.
Just because you are a PKer doesn't mean you should kill everything there is without thinking. You should choose your targets wisely considering loot and maybe farming spot with the consequence that people hate you and you will be branded for a period of time.
Like we have now, it's just a Deathmatch between all. Might also be fun, but why not play mortal royal then?