old player. what's new form mo1? what is the big plan?

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
Hi,
i'm an old mo1 player, played from beta until right before spiritism magic / housing remake.

i would like to know:
1) what are the main differences with mo1 (except engine / size map), because it seems to be a standard port of mo1 for now.
2) how many slots per account
3) what is the big roadmap of the game, i.e what are the long term big stuff they did pledge to put in mo2, supposed to have arrived in mo1 or not?
Are they planning to port all content from mo1 before starting completing all the unfinished stuff of mo1?
ex) creatures stats & breeding were supposed to be adapted to all creatures in mo1, not only to mounts ... was it mentioned? because this made combat pet pretty much useless in mo1 ... can't count the number of players who wanted to try bow+pet (etc) and just got so much disappointed ...
4) any major lessons learnt about the failures of palissades economy, town buildings uselessness, zero npc economy & co?
5) do they have plans to better the bad combat system?
- weapon switching being horrible (not counting item vanishing on nodelines)
- they actually never fixed 1h/dualwield animations that makes it unplayable.
- incredibly useless fist combat (if you can call it combat)
- not enough active skills, and the one we had were shitty and unbalanced.
- no feint / dodge skill ... no dodge + slash in one skill .. etc
- no interrupt skills like shield bash, shoulder bash, kick, headbutt, pummel strike, punch while holding a weapon.
- no way of punishing people running around you like idiots ... like opportunity strikes.
- no weapon clash
- no real difference of weight interaction. ex: a heavy fighter swinging at a twig fighter.
twigs shouldn't be able to block without getting knock-back and being unbalanced. heavy hits provoking knock-back/interrupts when the one parrying doesn't have enough strength.
- no spacing skill in general so you can get your enemy out of your handle hit range.
- no using of centrifuge force to make combos with heavy weapons.
- throwing spears/knives into leg wounds so you could prevent endless BS chases over miles and miles ...
- no 1h magic school, why can't you just make it ~half as effective?
5) what about banking space (i will never do an alchemist again)
/ can't store pvp ready bags of stuff ?

Bogler

Jul 6, 2020
Hopefully they don't add anything that snares/roots/stuns players. Pushing is ok, but that's the extent of it imo...

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Might wanna use a search function, lots of things changed and are changing. It's in early beta now

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
Might wanna use a search function, lots of things changed and are changing. It's in early beta now
Have you even tried?
you can't search titles with short words like 'MO1' or 'what is new' ...
so how could i search for such specifics i mentioned above?
do i have to read the 200 topic with 'combat' in the title, which won't answer any of it?
'slot' is too short to search
'slots' has like 3 finds with no answers.
roadmaps of previous months don't help at all with my questions.
Why isn't there a sticky topic with main differences between mo1 and mo2, and global roadmap, global plans ... updated when needed?

Last edited:

BongRips

Jun 15, 2020
Have you even tried?
you can't search titles with short words like 'MO1' or 'what is new' ...
so how could i search for such specifics i mentioned above?
do i have to read the 200 topic with 'combat' in the title, which won't answer any of it?
'slot' is too short to search
'slots' has like 3 finds with no answers.
roadmaps of previous months don't help at all with my questions.
Why isn't there a sticky topic with main differences between mo1 and mo2, and global roadmap, global plans ... updated when needed?
Try character? Like it's honestly not that hard. Look up a video or two online etc. There's only 1 character slot by the way.

Gulith

Apr 5, 2021
Try character? Like it's honestly not that hard. Look up a video or two online etc. There's only 1 character slot by the way.
already did, did not help.
not that hard either to not answer if you do not want to answer.

• Haha
Reactions: BongRips

Darthus

Dec 1, 2020
Hi,
i'm an old mo1 player, played from beta until right before spiritism magic / housing remake.

i would like to know:
1) what are the main differences with mo1 (except engine / size map), because it seems to be a standard port of mo1 for now.
2) how many slots per account
3) what is the big roadmap of the game, i.e what are the long term big stuff they did pledge to put in mo2, supposed to have arrived in mo1 or not?
Are they planning to port all content from mo1 before starting completing all the unfinished stuff of mo1?
ex) creatures stats & breeding were supposed to be adapted to all creatures in mo1, not only to mounts ... was it mentioned? because this made combat pet pretty much useless in mo1 ... can't count the number of players who wanted to try bow+pet (etc) and just got so much disappointed ...
4) any major lessons learnt about the failures of palissades economy, town buildings uselessness, zero npc economy & co?
5) do they have plans to better the bad combat system?
- weapon switching being horrible (not counting item vanishing on nodelines)
- they actually never fixed 1h/dualwield animations that makes it unplayable.
- incredibly useless fist combat (if you can call it combat)
- not enough active skills, and the one we had were shitty and unbalanced.
- no feint / dodge skill ... no dodge + slash in one skill .. etc
- no interrupt skills like shield bash, shoulder bash, kick, headbutt, pummel strike, punch while holding a weapon.
- no way of punishing people running around you like idiots ... like opportunity strikes.
- no weapon clash
- no real difference of weight interaction. ex: a heavy fighter swinging at a twig fighter.
twigs shouldn't be able to block without getting knock-back and being unbalanced. heavy hits provoking knock-back/interrupts when the one parrying doesn't have enough strength.
- no spacing skill in general so you can get your enemy out of your handle hit range.
- no using of centrifuge force to make combos with heavy weapons.
- throwing spears/knives into leg wounds so you could prevent endless BS chases over miles and miles ...
- no 1h magic school, why can't you just make it ~half as effective?
5) what about banking space (i will never do an alchemist again)
/ can't store pvp ready bags of stuff ?

I'll try.

1. Many many small things, but some of the more noticable things, netcode is entirely rewritten, combat system is completely new (from my undestanding), there is a Haven/tutorial introductory island. Henrik has said main goal is to improve upon the accessibility, overall quality and PvE from MO1.
2. One character per account.
3. They are porting in terms of general gameplay priority. Check the roadmap for what's next (keeps, auction house, thievery etc). They want to spiritism as the next magic school. Things like Wagons and ships are planned which I don't think happened in MO1.
4. From listening to many hours of Henrik, every single system is being re-examine before it's implemened and improved where possible to avoid issues from the first game.
5. These are two detailed for me as I didn't play MO

Alrashid

Jun 1, 2020
Germany
to point 4: with the bigger map house building and building player citys and building crafting/extration stations on the map will be much more important; about walls i think they are planed just for keeps when i remember right what hendrik said ..