Obese Oghmir Mage

D

Deleted member 44

Obese oghmir mages are doing too much damage when compared to their physical defenses. This problem has been worsened by the most recent patch that gave them a +20% boost in miscast chance. No one race should be able to do 75 average undefendable damage a hit every 3.2 seconds while also having the ability to become completely immune to incoming damage.

Flamestrike (horse)

Fulmination (horse)

Last edited by a moderator:

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
I disagree with your statement. I feel like this is an emotional post made because you have recently been killed by a fat mage. Me. As you was wearing double horse armour magic was the only way to remove your horse.

Skull507

Sep 28, 2021
Obese oghmir mages are doing too much damage when compared to their physical defenses. This problem has been worsened by the most recent patch that gave them a +20% boost in miscast chance. No one race should be able to do 80+ undefendable damage a hit every 3.2 seconds while also having the ability to become completely immune to incoming damage.
You also realize there was only 1 oghmir and the rest were Sheevra. Your literally doing this for zero reason my man. This while hypocritically using double stacking armor. Don't complain about something when your literally doing something that is also a problem.

Reactions: Belegar

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
This while hypocritically using double stacking armor. Don't complain about something when your literally doing something that is also a problem.
Doesn't change the fact both are wrong.

you have recently been killed by a fat mage. Me.
You playing a fat mage says something about the state of fatmages though lol. I doubt you're playing one because its your preferred playstyle. I suppose its a possibility...

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
Doesn't change the fact both are wrong.

You playing a fat mage says something about the state of fatmages though lol. I doubt you're playing one because its your preferred playstyle. I suppose its a possibility...

It is my 4th character

Reactions: MolagAmur

Anthius

Aug 24, 2021
Obese oghmir mages are doing too much damage when compared to their physical defenses. This problem has been worsened by the most recent patch that gave them a +20% boost in miscast chance. No one race should be able to do 80+ undefendable damage a hit every 3.2 seconds while also having the ability to become completely immune to incoming damage.

Oghmir fat mage damage is high. The defenses are too high on oghmir. The 20% boost to conc was way too much for a class that didnt need help. While i agree the dmg is high i think the oghmir defenses are too good and is the bigger issue.. they need to be nerfed for fat mage some how without affecting foot fighters. The dmg does need to come down on horses tho. A little too strong.

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
Oghmir fat mage damage is high. The defenses are too high on oghmir. The 20% boost to conc was way too much for a class that didnt need help. While i agree the dmg is high i think the oghmir defenses are too good.. need to be nerfed for fat mage some how without affecting foot fighters. The dmg does need to come down on horses tho. A little too strong.

On my fat mage I can get off around 4 Flamestrikes before I am out of mana. Let's say they all do MAX damage and they all hit that is 320 (Also remember if the horse is reflected which most are, it just pops back at the caster). 125 desert is 280 HP. So on my fat mage I can just about kill a horse. Also remember while mounted I need to head in the same direction for 8-10 seconds in order to charge a cast. Any hit on me will do high damage and interupt. A single corrupt will prevent me from casting at all unless I time a perfect purify or dismount. On foot I am almost defenceless and can be ran down and killed by anyone with a melee weapon.

So 10 seconds per cast = 8 DPS. With a max strength bow you can hit for around 20-30 dmg to a decently armoured horse every 2-3 seconds. 10+ DPS.

On a naked horse a bow or MC is FAR more effective. On HEAVY horse armour they even out. On double horse amour, magic is the only way to go.

AssassinOTL

Mar 23, 2021
Back at it again with the bad post because he lost a fight outnumbered, this has nothing to do with Balance and is not valuable feedback it's an emotional post and the Feedback should be left for testers, not if you're antagonizing a whole town and being killed for it, and you ask the devs for help. This is NOT a Balance issue.

Reactions: Belegar and Kuthara

Anthius

Aug 24, 2021
On my fat mage I can get off around 4 Flamestrikes before I am out of mana. Let's say they all do MAX damage and they all hit that is 320. 125 desert is 280 HP. So on my fat mage I can just about kill a horse. Also remember while mounted I need to head in the same direction for 8-10 seconds in order to charge a cast. Any hit on me will do high damage and interupt. A single corrupt will prevent me from casting at all unless I time a perfect purify or dismount. On foot I am almost defenceless and can be ran down and killed by anyone with a melee weapon.

I'm aware, I've play a bit of mage myself. I don't care to talk about hypothetical shit. Simple as this.. Fat mages put too much burst dmg on mounts and can sustain too easy with very little investment of skill pints. Everything oghmir on a fat mage is op defensively and while I like that they are not push overs like they were in mo1. The defenses are a bit much. I also think the dmg should go down from an average of 75 dmg per hit on horse to 70ish.. It's just too much burst if the horses all have shitty HP.

Anthius

Aug 24, 2021
Back at it again with the bad post because he lost a fight outnumbered, this has nothing to do with Balance and is not valuable feedback it's an emotional post and the Feedback should be left for testers, not if you're antagonizing a whole town and being killed for it, and you ask the devs for help. This is NOT a Balance issue.
It is a balance issue and you should stop antagonizing the OP just because you disagree with him.

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
I'm aware, I've play a bit of mage myself. I don't care to talk about hypothetical shit. Simple as this.. Fat mages put too much burst dmg on mounts and can sustain too easy with very little investment of skill pints. Everything oghmir on a fat mage is op defensively and while I like that they are not push overs like they were in mo1. The defenses are a bit much. I also think the dmg should go down from an average of 75 dmg per hit on horse to 70ish.. It's just too much burst if the horses all have shitty HP.

What is hypothetical? I have a MM, MC, MA. I do far more damage on my MA and MC than I do on my MM.

Anthius

Aug 24, 2021
What is hypothetical? I have a MM, MC, MA. I do far more damage on my MA and MC than I do on my MM.

MCs are garbage. They cannot get on top of their target unless they are fighting footies. And MAs do not hit harder than fat mages. They simple don't. Their rate of fire is much higher and DPS is higher but the fat mages burst, especially in groups , is a little too hard.

MolagAmur

Jul 15, 2020
To be fair fat mage damage has been a balance topic for years. I didn't realize this thread was about damage to horses though.

D

Deleted member 44

Any hit on me will do high damage and interupt.

On foot I am almost defenceless and can be ran down and killed by anyone with a melee weapon.

You have a 40% chance to be disrupted while hit.
You have static pierce/slash damage reduction.

While on foot you an invincibility clade plus two damage mitigation active clade.
You have a giant shield on your back that can reach 100% damage mitigation from arrows.

You have double potion units.
You have a crack pipe.

How much more defense do you want the oghmir to have?

I was chasing your boy before the zerg showed up. He was wearing Heavy Carapace Ranger Armor. I was using a Dense Crepite shortbow hitting him for 5. Please tell me how lacking the oghmir is in defense when I only see you playing one.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
its funny to see that people focus on one thing in a very complex game and then its not even the right thing, like DPS which you cant even generalize...

the guy whos responsible for Star Vaults PvP balance is no real gamer and expert in MO2 PvP play and can only collect community feedback and the internal beta datas == he will never interpret the datas correctly and even with good intentions he will never be able to balance the game correctly.

most gamers cant see the impact on the future persistance state and can only argue with the outcome certain situations in their beta clashes have.

again, sad too see that even Kuthara has a bad impact on the community/game and will shoot himself indirectly in the foot with a meta no one wants and a decreasing population over time.

Bernfred

Sep 12, 2020
You have a 40% chance to be disrupted while hit.
You have static pierce/slash damage reduction.

While on foot you an invincibility clade plus two damage mitigation active clade.
You have a giant shield on your back that can reach 100% damage mitigation from arrows.

You have double potion units.
You have a crack pipe.

How much more defense do you want the oghmir to have?

I was chasing your boy before the zerg showed up. He was wearing Heavy Carapace Ranger Armor. I was using a Dense Crepite shortbow hitting him for 5. Please tell me how lacking the oghmir is in defense when I only see you playing one.
imagine you create OP min/max builds in a game which is meant to have 1 char slot for most players which allows multiple accounts to subvert it.
min/max oghmir MAs are also OP, fletching can make it even worse just to not make it look like im a mage hater... the topic is hot and it shows they have no expert as PvP lead designer, assuming they have one.

btw. dmg increase/decrease is just one small way to balance out the game and make it fun.

ArcaneConsular

Oct 27, 2021
Eh. I've been two shot by archers before, should we nerf them too? I think MO is just not a balanced PvP game and never will be. If you're playing MO for a balanced and fair pvp experience you're in for a bad time.

Anthius

Aug 24, 2021
Eh. I've been two shot by archers before, should we nerf them too? I think MO is just not a balanced PvP game and never will be. If you're playing MO for a balanced and fair pvp experience you're in for a bad time.
more info plz. i doubt it. you were either naked or skinny because this simple isnt possible even with moderate gear.

Reactions: Tzone

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Fat mage does hit pretty hard on horses. The balance between all mounted, mage, ff, bow is a mess.
If you balance one aspects like mounted v FF it could make magic against horses to powerfull.

I think they just need to up the health on horses and then add damage thresholds on horses so they cant flee as well as they do now.

Even if they dont add speed thresholds based on health you have a lot more room to adjust damage values towards mounted to get a better balance if you increase the health values. You can still increase the number next to the health bar but counteract it with worse armor. This would make healing horses less effective as they need to heal more time then before to get back to full because the health bar is bigger and armor would be worse.

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Archery is over tuned for its cost agaisnt low tier/naked gear but I dont see how you were getting two shot unless its head shots and you were naked.
Maybe skinny in bone. While archery is overtuned at the low end its sucks against actual armor doing damage that outburst currently does but with a extra second to charge and higher skill floor to land shots.