Normalize reaction time

D

Dracu

I could imagine a rather simple fix could be to add swing delay on every player thats under a specific ping minus their current ping. That way low ping is still a bit faster but high ping has a better chance to react. I mean thats pretty much the issue atm right? Low ping swings beeing a bit to fast to react to. Also make swings a tad slower again.

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
Aggressive Play in MO2:

I'm not exactly known for playing defensively. I've always been very chase down, grab, and smash into the floor. With that said, MO2 is a defensive player's game right now. (It was even worse in that sense before the most recent patch which removed 360 degree blocks)

Aggressiveness doesn't work the way it worked in MO1, doing that stuff in MO2, you just look like you're moving in slow motion to people with low ping, then they parry you and whip you with an attack that swings through your block. Like my video demonstrated. The days of NA strats vs. EU strats are gone. It's just a low ping player's game now.

Even if you have comparable ping to the person you're fighting, blocking is so easy now that to get around blocks you have to repeatedly spin or flail your mouse and try to screw with the animations while also running around a lot, wasting an immense amount of stamina to get a single hit in. Assuming you get the hit in, and they don't parry you. After doing this, all the other player has to do in order to counter you... is return the pressure. They will have little trouble doing this as you've now spent half of your stamina.

The Tarkov Comparison:

Tarkov is a shooter. Which MO is not. Weapons are not hitscan, and attacks can be blocked. Blocks are judged by the server, not the client. You can't pop out from behind a wall and one-tap someone in MO2. Because your ability to negate damage is decided by the server. This means the person with a better connection to the server always comes out on top of a question on whether or not damage is applied. This sort of thing doesn't exist in Tarkov or Valorant. There is no bullet parrying when you're running around on customs. Different game. Different systems. Different consequences of latency.

Facts Vs. Feelings:

Easy there, Ben Shapiro.
You're going on these rants about facts and feelings, when you haven't actually played the game to get the facts. Makes ya look pretty silly.
What are you MUMBLING ABOUT mate of course you need to use A LOT of stamina to get ONE hit in just like REAL LIFE. people can spend MANY MINUTES trying to OUTMANEUVER or BLOCK eacho ther until finally someone hits. and even if tarkov is not a melee MMO it still has LAG and they kick all the LAGGERS out is good for gameso you cannot PING CRUTCH. You do not even need to play the game for so long to understand this

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
What are you MUMBLING ABOUT mate of course you need to use A LOT of stamina to get ONE hit in just like REAL LIFE. people can spend MANY MINUTES trying to OUTMANEUVER or BLOCK eacho ther until finally someone hits. and even if tarkov is not a melee MMO it still has LAG and they kick all the LAGGERS out is good for gameso you cannot PING CRUTCH. You do not even need to play the game for so long to understand this

They kick the laggers cause its glitchy and weird, not because it has an inherit advantage, and again, melee and gunfire are apples to oranges.

Livingshade

Jul 4, 2020
They kick the laggers cause its glitchy and weird, not because it has an inherit advantage, and again, melee and gunfire are apples to oranges.
NO DUDE it is because when you PEAK you have an advantage with high ping and it is not even comparing how the two games have melee and guns it is comparing how they both handle the ping

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
NO DUDE it is because when you PEAK you have an advantage with high ping and it is not even comparing how the two games have melee and guns it is comparing how they both handle the ping

You do not get an opportunity to Block. The. Bullets.

In MO, you are given the opportunity to block the (much slower moving) sword. The decision of whether or not the block works is made by the server. The person closer to the server (lower ping) wins the argument with the server if there is one. I.e. low ping will get all of their blocks and swing through their high ping enemy's blocks. Rendering them at a devastating advantage.

Tarkov does not have anything like this. It doesnt need it. You can't parry bullets.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
I could imagine a rather simple fix could be to add swing delay on every player thats under a specific ping minus their current ping. That way low ping is still a bit faster but high ping has a better chance to react. I mean thats pretty much the issue atm right? Low ping swings beeing a bit to fast to react to. Also make swings a tad slower again.
That sounds good. And maybe reduce the delay a bit under 300 ping too, so at least aussies with stable ping can play.

If they refuse to open regional servers then at least make the game playable with higher ping.

Dominulf

Aug 2, 2020
That’s worse than my delay but similar. Northwest USA

just try it yourself... like seriously its not that hard to download small programm click 2 buttons and go duell... high ping has extreme disadvantage

300er ping vs 25 ping in action
Kavu is AUS player with that ping... this is litterally unplayable

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Regarding the no advantage of high ping players... Only watch the first 10 seconds.
I know, that's most likely not only high ping but also package loss....

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
Regarding the no advantage of high ping players... Only watch the first 10 seconds.
I know, that's most likely not only high ping but also package loss....
Yeah as you said, that's packet loss. Furthermore, he will be seeing the same weird shit on his end looking at you. So it's not really an advantage. It's a weird state of being that he drags you into when you fight him. Welcome to the Brazilian Shadow Realm.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
you guys forget thats impossible to fix, even if you make a delay client side, wtf that can be spoofed and delayed as well. and it will on top delayed anyway? wtf that snot how networking is working.

there is no solution for high ping vs Low ping problem.

its a DISadvantage and an Advantage it depends on the situation. but its not possible to change the delay nor to remove it. you can maybe mask it but that may create more problems.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
and also if this would be easy to mask or easy to fix, than CSgo and million other games would have fixed it.

But there is no fix and no solution. as hard as it sounds.

even if you make tickrates of server and delaying the others players ping it will not work. its not possible to fix. Its in every game and it will be forever there evene if we have directly ligthspeed connection without and copper shit at your house or soemthing, and and the server would be 20meters away and the otther guy would be 40 meters away, there is a delay and differents, so yeah.

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
I have another question do we have someone here with game server skills? anyone?

What opportunitites are the best to Mask that problem?
Are there any ingame now?
WIch are the industry standards to make it less noticible?

maybe that could help we need an Expert here.

Dominulf

Aug 2, 2020
So with high ping you should be playing aggressive and running around instead of trying to trade counters/defensive?

Reactions: Speznat

Speznat

May 28, 2020
Tindrem
wolfszeit.online
So with high ping you should be playing aggressive and running around instead of trying to trade counters/defensive?
running around non stop. and not directly in the same motion if you runnign staight forward the server predict your movement and says by the packaged recived he should be atleast here at point x.

that means the only way is to non stop move and change directions as often as possible.

but it heavily dpeends on the movement and server rpediction, what will happen. but the hits form 20 meters away form MO1 you rmeember your lifetime xD as far as mo2 goes the prediction is better. hopefully it will get better at masking the problem maybe unreal5 will have a solution some day. to maks it better.

• Wow
Reactions: Dominulf

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
WIch are the industry standards to make it less noticible?
It doesnt take a network programmer to acknowledge that the "industry standard" is to not have people from across the planet play a game that requires twitchy reactions together.

Kavu

Jun 21, 2020
USA
This used to work in MO1, which is why spez keeps saying it. It aint real good in MO2 but you're welcome to try. Even when it works, it doesnt change the fact that you have to spend 10 times the stamina to achieve the same thing an EU player can achieve instantly on you without having to use any of the "tricks"

• Wow

Dominulf

Aug 2, 2020
Maybe using the longest range weapon will help with high ping?

Right now it feels like when trading hits some players hit me from like 2 steps away where I am not even in range for my swing to hit

D

Dracu

Maybe using the longest range weapon will help with high ping?

Right now it feels like when trading hits some players hit me from like 2 steps away where I am not even in range for my swing to hit
This ou of range hits happens to everyone even low ping eu players.