Noobs Please Listen

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
I hear a lot of people repeating that |we need to have all the attribute points available for distribution at the start|
In conjunction with that statement, noobs are already being shoved down the min/max mentality.
YOU DONT HAVE TO PLAY THE GAME THAT WAY...

We need the lack of attribute points to __underscore__ the freedom of choice to make some very interesting builds. ESPECIALLY with the split between combat and professions.

Noobs, when you see these guys running after you, weighing 500 lbs and with the slash force of shark, dont worry...they arent going to catch us dex runners,,,ever...
Stuff like combat maneuvering primarys are just given to us all, they wont have 90% of what makes them dangerous to non-shark force swinging people.

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
Min-max applies to all aspects of the game. If you make a middling dex character, my character which is 5 movespeed off max, has max strength and high health for a veela etc. will chase you down and ruin your day.

Your character build should be thought out and well-optimized because this is a PvP game. If you want to chop trees and don't mind you will lose most fights you can just pick character stats at random.

Otherwise, I suggest you consult with people that have dived into the numbers and get help making an optimized build. There are more options than there used to be and they may be able to work with the concepts you give them to make an optimized build that contains the most important character aspects you want.

But if you just do your own stats as a newb without putting a lot of thought into them, and you're a competitive player, you're likely going to need to reroll and not have much fun.

We'll see how much this changes with Monday's racial balance how much this changes but I doubt it will change so much that the idea newbs will be better off discussing their characters with other people before they pick their stats will be entirely a thing of the past.

Last edited:

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
We do, and people who see it your way can adhere to your advice. I think most newbs will have their experience ruined by doing so though. Rerolls aren't fun.

Avenoma

Jan 14, 2021
No doubt, they can go back to Valheim, where their loot is safe and friends are abound, but, noobs be-aware they are after more than just your time, they mean to crush the very soul of the game. Play the game like it was meant to be played,

With me, in the jungle, naked. Dagger optional, Naked not optional.

20210222142750_1.jpg

Reactions: Skydancer