No Siege yet? Give doors hitpoints

Lumos

Jan 4, 2022
Yes, between guardzone fighting and houses we cannot siege or force our way into, world pvp is pretty unfun longterm atm. Let us chop those doors for a few months and change up the dynamics a bit, not like we can steal or destroy anything inside the houses anyway!

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
I do find it interesting that some of the people who complain about Guardzones the most are those who use the 100% safety of houses every time they get pushed.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Would you rather we broke the door, or broke the house?

haha my friend was riding to meet me, and I was watching stream on disco, and some guy attacked him and he fought him, kept fighting him (dude kept running to heal and coming back), and eventually dude ended up in his house. Was funny. Talkin thru doors... "you won, just go away! This is a new char!!" "You attacked me! I'm gonna break your house! - hits it with wep - " ... few min later "Knock, knock."

I'm not really a housing expert, but is there stuff you can loot inside? I feel like people should be able to smash open doors after awhile tho, yeah. But people continue to play SOFT. If you start a fight and end up locking yourself in your house it's like heh... Mortal tho. It's all luls.

Kuthara

Jan 4, 2021
The current meta is - Build house as close to a town as you can. Run out with a group, kill 1-2 people, run back in house.

Omightis

Aug 7, 2021
Right now the PVP dynamic is diminished due to a couple of patches that removed the integrity of open world PVP. Mortal Online 2 needs to incentivize large groups/ small groups to roam and fight while also making sure those activates are fun. The core feature of PVP is high risk, high reward, if the Star Vault can utilize that mentality and add mechanics which incentivize for small/large group fights where people can make the decision to fight even though they know they might lose just because the reward is worth it, than it'll boost the core population and improve gameplay. Sieging also needs to be in place due to the fact that spawning in houses to kill 1-2 members than running back to your house is not enough to keep a population satisfied with PVP gameplay, people will just stop playing or stop showing interest, which is what already happened since release. Allow there to be punishment to those who play out of houses as well as incentivizing open world PVP without removing the fundamental's of HARDCORE gameplay.

P.S - IDK why it says "New Member" under my name, I am definitely not new lol

Apr 11, 2021
I'm 100% for this. The house is the new guard zone for alot of people/guilds and if they know they're gonna lose they just combat log in it. Seen it so many times.

Reactions: NaaK

Turbizzler

May 28, 2020
Fabernum
No to hp on doors. Would just be another mechanic suited towards zerglings. A lot of MO2 is already zerg friendly, from PvP mechanics to PvE(Boss farming).

Using houses to hide is the equivalent to zerg guilds/alliances running back to town into the GZ to hide. Only difference is the zerg has more than one exit/entry and can muster up more numbers within town, while the little small trolly boi groups don't have those luxuries. The PvP right now is boring, there's not much to do, so majority of people sit in town afk or roleplaying all day. Only way to get PvP is have the off chance you run into someone into a dungeon, or you poke a town and use hit and run tactics, to avoid the zerg build up.

SV shouldn't of added housing or keeps on release, without sieging. Then we wouldn't of had the issue of uncontested keep building, using cheesy unintended methods to get keeps up early and house hoppers wouldn't be a big issue either.

Reactions: Albanjo Dravae

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
No to hp on doors. Would just be another mechanic suited towards zerglings. A lot of MO2 is already zerg friendly, from PvP mechanics to PvE(Boss farming).

Using houses to hide is the equivalent to zerg guilds/alliances running back to town into the GZ to hide. Only difference is the zerg has more than one exit/entry and can muster up more numbers within town, while the little small trolly boi groups don't have those luxuries. The PvP right now is boring, there's not much to do, so majority of people sit in town afk or roleplaying all day. Only way to get PvP is have the off chance you run into someone into a dungeon, or you poke a town and use hit and run tactics, to avoid the zerg build up.

SV shouldn't of added housing or keeps on release, without sieging. Then we wouldn't of had the issue of uncontested keep building, using cheesy unintended methods to get keeps up early and house hoppers wouldn't be a big issue either.

Yes i bet all the zergs are mouth watering with the idea of breaking in someone's house just to Flex some numbers. After all those type of guilds can only do that, you find them separated from the zerglings and they can't manage to discern their ass from their elbow.

Lurch

Dec 24, 2021
A lot of encouraging replies here and a few people who are enjoying their crutch while they can, love it

Kaemik

Nov 28, 2020
or yknow LOCKPICK the door open

Wurm Online had a fairly good lockpicking skill. It was super RNG with the chances of successfully pulling it off VERY low at your lower skill levels on a higher QL lock. We're talking like 99.9X% chance of failure. And the action itself was a somewhat lengthy action that did damage / potentially broke your lockpicks. But if you trained REALLY hard at it for a REALLY long time you could get up to the level that you could pick your way into things in a fairly reasonable time frame.

So there were a few legendary thieves people had to be concerned about. But the majority of the playerbase still couldn't bypass doors, chests, locked boats etc. all that easily. And even the great thieves still had to invest time into looting a place.

Mind you, this is talking about a game where with proper honeycombing you could make people pick their way through like 20+ doors to get into your base without siege equipment. And there was also heavy use of mine doors as security which were unpickable.

So before lockpicking I would add interior doors as something you can add to buildings.

I'd also note I'm not a huge fan of how RNG most of Wurm's systems were and if I were to make a "Wurm 2" style of game I would replace most RNG actions with alternative systems. But in the specific case of lockpicking, I think it's actually pretty merited as you want lockpicking to be frustrating to the point of non-viable for most players. At least when it comes to picking your way into another player's stronghold and looting their stuff while they are offline. Though I definitely would replace some of the RNG with some kind of Elder Scrolls style skill-based mini-game. Not all of it though.

Last edited: