New POI with general vendors.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
I was enjoying going around checking out the new POI when i came upon one that had a general vendor.

What the hell is this? Is this a mistake, or do we have vendors scattered all over the map now?

Because if we do, this changes farming and living in the wild completely, and gives specific people a huge advantage in farming. They no longer have to transport mats long distance and risk getting jumped. They simply build a house close to the vendor and have almost no risk farming without ever having to go into a town. This is quite unfair to be honest and also completely unnecessary.

Also a huge help to those that have lost all reputation and cant enter towns. The whole point of reputation is so you are punished by not having access to vendors and banks.
what is the point of the penalty of Murder Counts anymore? Why does SV continue to make life easier and easier for greefers and RPKs?

This is a stupid, thoughtless change aimed almost completely at helping greefers and RPKs.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I was enjoying going around checking out the new POI when i came upon one that had a general vendor.

What the hell is this? Is this a mistake, or do we have vendors scattered all over the map now?

Got one in a good location. It makes a world of difference. :eek: like mo1 all over again hue. I need to find one near a diff spot tho hmm. But yes, they are here.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
. :eek: like mo1 all over again hue.
Not exactly. In MO1 you had to at least buy the vendor and put it in your village. You had to spend money to have that luxury. Also people could siege it and destroy it.
This is completely different. This is SV cherry picking who and where now gets the easiest/safest spots to farm. Those that just happen to already have houses or strongholds near by just won the lottery. Its completely ridiculous.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Not exactly. In MO1 you had to at least buy the vendor and put it in your village. You had to spend money to have that luxury. Also people could siege it and destroy it.
This is completely different. This is SV cherry picking who and where now gets the easiest/safest spots to farm. Those that just happen to already have houses or strongholds near by just won the lottery. Its completely ridiculous.

In MO1 the vendor we had in our cave paid for itself in less than an hour of farming.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
In MO1 the vendor we had in our cave paid for itself in less than an hour of farming.
The point that i am making is that it was fair because everyone could buy their own.

When they are a permanent npc on the map, only those in that particular area benefit. The rest of the map is shit out of luck.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The point that i am making is that it was fair because everyone could buy their own.

When they are a permanent npc on the map, only those in that particular area benefit. The rest of the map is shit out of luck.
The only problem is the NPCs buying, and I say that as someone with access to a hax npc. Them having a util, magic, or fishing vendor isn't that strange, but they should only sell things.

Reactions: Jackdstripper

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022

Never considered it an issue. You can easily travel there and use that vendor too. Its like saying people who live near jungle camp are at an advantage vs those who live near the necro dungeon or near the risar cave.

Jackdstripper

Jan 8, 2021
Never considered it an issue. You can easily travel there and use that vendor too. Its like saying people who live near jungle camp are at an advantage vs those who live near the necro dungeon or near the risar cave.
If you can turn animal materials into gold without having to transport everything to town, you can make gold much faster. All the time that you usually have to spend carrying stuff to town can be used to farm more mats.

Also its much safer because you don't have to risk getting ganked on the way to town and loosing bags full of mats.

Its a massive help for hunter/butcher setup.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021

He's right. OK lol. Here come da beans. Not Turb beans but just like spilling.

So, we know the main house I live out of (I'm homeless! well, not ritzy,) is basically right under Talus AKA ETERNAL pass. It's right by the entrance, by the ranger book, by the white bear, etc, horses right out back.

If I go into my college major (ascii art, just joking...) I can lay it out like this:

^ (to pass)
[ ]
[ x <-house)
[ ]
[ ] ---- o(horses)

v (to lake)

then like directly straight there is a lake. You can see the lake from the mouth of the very bottom of the pass. Sure, there are bandits, which are fun to kill, but there are also massive urials. There are like 6-8 wolves that can stack and attack you right at the vendor house (fishing vendor, less than 1 stam bar away.) It's kind of a death trap if someone wanted to camp it AHEM, and prol why it's dead cuz ppl scared. But yes it makes a huge difference.

I can field and make money, or I can take back to house (5 min max) after clearing all urials (which isn't bad money), chop and then ride up and back to fish house. I was showing someone bandits and they were like how much money you make here, and it's like tbh not much, I just farm bandits for luls. Urials into the NPC tho is NOT BAD. haha. I don't farm too much money, but it's def almost 0 chance you get caught unless you get caught IN the actual hose with wolves on you, then PK'd.

+ to be 100% after I ended up in Hyl, I realized how fortified the city can be. It's one of the few cities that could be effectively locked off w/ people, and not many, either. They would all be safe cuz mountains. Just stay perched and long bow you down. There may come a day when shit is real like that, and the vendor will be even MORE USEFUL. The lay of the land is great up there, but yea when I discovered that vendor I was like ehhhhh??

KebekLorde

Jan 27, 2022
Let's not act like the red players don't have second blue account characters already. If you think any red players cares even a little about not having acess to general vendors you are quite naive. At worst, this slightly lowers the need to go to town for a bit of gold to play upkeep to building close to these random vendors and even then, you can just gank at the vendors so it's basically the same.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Let's not act like the red players don't have second blue account characters already. If you think any red players cares even a little about not having acess to general vendors you are quite naive. At worst, this slightly lowers the need to go to town for a bit of gold to play upkeep to building close to these random vendors and even then, you can just gank at the vendors so it's basically the same.

It's time, not access. The safety part is true tho, but with 500~ players prol running around and like 200-300 of them prol zerging somewhere, it's pretty much open season. If anything, I'd be the one doing the ganking haha.

I still have the slight vendor problem: even tho they made it so you can't VEND CALX POWDER WHICH IS WACK... it's also wack that all of this stuff is getting vendored when it should be supplied and demanded. Mats into money like WOOL and URIAL MEAT which are PRETTY WACK unless you are making horse bags w/ the wool... nobody is ever gonna see that money except the player who sold the wool to the NPC or the person who ganks them. It's kind of a problem.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
First of all, This is not really helping RPKers only, Its also helping Blue people.
Nor is this a way to fuck over any type of player. Its just a simple vendor that both have access to.
Red Players Still have access to all towns currently. So idk what your talking about. All you gotta do is get parcels and not go under 0 rep. Even if you do you can still get it back. Then walk in town with 1million murders. It doesn't matter at all rn.
Red Playes have had it the worst from the star of beta. And their quality of life is only goin down more and more, with every passing month.

EX: All the old red priest are gone. So you now have to spend 5k+ gold just to have a rez close to town.
The bounty hunter system lets you get attacked for free. With no MC counter.
There is now a Station guard at wolf lake out side of meduli.
Meduli grave yard is now a guard zone. This is stupid because it is the only guarded grave yard in the game. Which is also bad because it is the most populated city in the game. Meaning Red players cant have any fun killing shitters in the grave yard anymore.

So Idk what your talking about "Why does SV continue to make life easier and easier for greefers and RPKs?"

That is such a illogical thought to have imo.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
So Idk what your talking about "Why does SV continue to make life easier and easier for greefers and RPKs?"

That is such a illogical thought to have imo.

It's really not. MO is raw easier for everyone. It is a literal joke in terms of difficulty. The only way to get difficulty is to artificially create it, like take on tough situations, do rough runs etc. Nobody is out, nobody wants to intervene... like I went up to a nameless guy (poor guy, it might end up being the same dude who keeps getting bullied) and blew up his horse, cuz he was just afk 2nding. Rode on, rode past people zzz. 0 loss for me. No standing, no rep.

I fought a dude on foot who I thought was naked. turned out to be a big dude w/ a hammer. We went at it for awhile and separated, then, weirdest thing, he started walking away, and I calculated... I can't win a 1v1 for shit w/ a spear anyway. Have like 0 exp w/ them. But anyway, he walked back to town, I kept going to get horses. This is @ duli in prime time on sat. Game is do whatever you want, basically. If you run parcels, even, you can do whatever you want. MC counts down fast. You prol don't have to kill that many people unless you are farming. We farmed like 5 nameless in a row even naked but still didn't go red cuz. Then, if I were red, I could just go in to town tho. I don't die much anyway, and there are def spots lacking in priests, even blue priests, like fucking CANTERI holy shit.

I mean, if your whole game is PKing and hard griefing, you could still do it more easily than MO1, but if your game is more doing shit then when you feel like relaxing, you go after some people, and you add in obligatory parcels, you are GOOD.

The vendor thing is a big issue because, as I said before my head is FILLED with forum quotes, pretty sure official ones. And I'm 99% sure someone of import said TC would never have vendors. If you put a vendor in the wild, it's the same thing. I even considered popping a house by the vendor. If I had more accts, I prol would. WHY NOT? 0 reason not to. Nobody else has but PEOPLE ARE WEIRD. Someone dig up that there will never be the ability to farm, butch and sell shit in a loop quote... cuz that is actually a game changing mechanic. I feel like, no offense, a lot of you guys are looking at things on a way too basic level a lot of the time. Prol why everyone thinks I'm stupid haha.

Edit: and anyone talking about the advantage you get for building by jungle camp or CC or w/e, nah... because they have banks. You can live out of them. Building there is overbuilding unless you are contesting it hard or want a pet craftitng station, etc.

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
The vendor thing is a big issue because, as I said before my head is FILLED with forum quotes, pretty sure official ones. And I'm 99% sure someone of import said TC would never have vendors.
This is so wrong lmao. TC main aspect is to create your own city. With vendors and everything.

Also What I said is still true, That the QOL for red players has gone down drastically from beta.
No matter if its from new game mechanics, or SV literally removing every red priest from all the towns!

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
This is so wrong lmao. TC main aspect is to create your own city. With vendors and everything.

Also What I said is still true, That the QOL for red players has gone down drastically from beta.
No matter if its from new game mechanics, or SV literally removing every red priest from all the towns!

did you play MO1? Dudes would just butch stuff and sell it to their own vendors then take the money out. The main 'idea' that SV 'somehow thought' people were gonna use Tc for... was to create your own city. They just made money gen boxes everywhere.

Edit: the appropriate TC vendor is one which is like a broker: it sells goods the owner is selling and offers to buy what the owner has offered to buy.

Last edited:
Reactions: Hodo

2Op4Scrubs

Sep 11, 2021
did you play MO1? Dudes would just butch stuff and sell it to their own vendors then take the money out. The main 'idea' that SV 'somehow thought' people were gonna use Tc for... was to create your own city. They just made money gen boxes everywhere.

Edit: the appropriate TC vendor is one which is like a broker: it sells goods the owner is selling and offers to buy what the owner has offered to buy.
Never played MO1.
But that does not mean The QOL has gone down for Red players from Beta.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Never played MO1.
But that does not mean The QOL has gone down for Red players from Beta.

There need to be more priests in general. Before I got 1v1'd by a naked sheev who was apparently geared ( w/ no attack anis) and turned off the game.

I am a backwards thinker. I think sometimes you can pull something out of your ass that is good. What ABOUT if there were more priests, but they would res you, not give you the ability to give a MC/reploss (reg priests in cities, areas, stay.) Basically the OPPOSITE of a red priest aiye!

Regardless, vendor thing actually makes more difference. Even tho this game is mad inflated. EZ liquid gold always has value. MAC N CHEEZ.