New pet books

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Fuck off with your books star vault! They literally could not make BEAST MASTERY apply to every pet in the same way, so they put SECONDARY LORE under the beast mastery skill. That's so RIP. I haven't seen such RIP since they turned Risar books into each type of wep and handle lul.

Dalamarius

Dec 20, 2022
pretty sure the beast mastery book is the same place as the other "high end" domestication tree books like advanced creature control and animal care... the Jungle Camp. The individual stuff like bear mastery or whatever it's called I believe can be learned just by having that pet once you've learned the beast mastery skill, and those skills will be capped by your beast mastery skill.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
Beast mastery is available at the Jungle Camp since release day! It's no new book, and it costs 25 gold. Same vendor as Animal Care (75 gold) and Advanced Creature Control (65 gold).

Rhias

May 28, 2020
And it's not only those bags at the MK swers. There are also other pickables with random loot across the world...

Reactions: Xunila and Jybwee

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I dont hate it. Its better then being locked behind some random dungeon boss with a 5% chance of dropping and requires a small army to complete or an exploit.

The reason I hate it is because the massive amount of pets. If each pet was equal and you could adapt to that, that'd be cool, but you're shooting for certain things like possibly horse, tb, etc. So, yeah, supply and demand will fix it, but imagine all the dogshite lore books you can pull now. You can't unlock the skill by having the pet and reading BM. That's just dumb. This is a recurrent theme of SV for content. I do realize it's easy to make money, but it just flies in the face of sandbox theory, to me.

However, having it be a tru rando drop is cool and I'll prol end up with a few myself, but still... not a good philosophy. IMO. I really DO HATE IT. lol Maybe I am just in a bad mood.

It just feels like a bad precedent.

Reactions: Hodo

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
The reason I hate it is because the massive amount of pets. If each pet was equal and you could adapt to that, that'd be cool, but you're shooting for certain things like possibly horse, tb, etc. So, yeah, supply and demand will fix it, but imagine all the dogshite lore books you can pull now. You can't unlock the skill by having the pet and reading BM. That's just dumb. This is a recurrent theme of SV for content. I do realize it's easy to make money, but it just flies in the face of sandbox theory, to me.

However, having it be a tru rando drop is cool and I'll prol end up with a few myself, but still... not a good philosophy. IMO. I really DO HATE IT. lol Maybe I am just in a bad mood.

It just feels like a bad precedent.
Unless they expand the tasks system or add quests somehow, there's nothing else to put objectives into than the acquisition of mats and skill books.

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
It wont cost any more skill points since they are all secondary. But it will certainly take time, effort and possibly gold to buy the books to reach full Mastery.

I was able to auto-pop Horse Influence just by using the Spur On buff, and level it by repeatedly doing the same. I'll be interested to see what Horse Mastery even gives cause I'm not really sure you'd be using horses in pvp attacks. However if you do pvp and want to use pets, I like that it takes a bit of effort to actually get the most out of the pets.

PS: Hi Dash.

Xunila

May 28, 2020
Germany
I was able to auto-pop Horse Influence just by using the Spur On buff, and level it by repeatedly doing the same. I'll be interested to see what Horse Mastery even gives cause I'm not really sure you'd be using horses in pvp attacks. However if you do pvp and want to use pets, I like that it takes a bit of effort to actually get the most out of the pets.
It's a little bit annoying to skill all the different pet types up. Yesterday the Bakti training dummy got almost destroyed by the high number of pets of all types from different players. Sitting on the horse and use "spur on" whenever the horse has enough focus while watching one or two other (different) pets attacking the dummy and watching their focus to use the first action whenever possible. And all this just to get the influence skills to 50.

MomoWang

May 7, 2021
I agree it is a grind. I personally like how some things in the game you really really need to work at to earn. Maybe not like playing for 12 years, but still make it an effort. Hopefully its worth the effort.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
i only looted x15 ruined books, can i trash them? what are those for?
Who knows. I know all the random trash that dropped in the necro dungeon had no use at first and then when rituals dropped had a ton of use.