New "Bounty System" is a joke.

Domtomsen

Feb 26, 2022
As far as I discovered the "Bounty System" right now is nothing more then an NPC quest to kill a another player with high murder count.
There is no Bounty on any Head. No getting infamous for high Bounty or any vengeance system for victims of murder.
It just feels really random and disconnected from the players and world.

Why can't we make private Contracts from players on a Billboard. To just bring their Head. Players could earn really good money with that. Or contractors can also put resources up as the reward for the contract.
Contractors should be able to choose the right Bounty Hunter and vise versa. Let the two sides talk with each other so that both parties have to agree in order for the job to be done.
So you can build up a reputation as a trustable and reliable Hunter.

The Hunter then has a signed contract which he can bring with the head to the billboard to receive the reward.

It would be way better then what we have know. It would an awesome tool for a sandbox. Not a quest system like we have right now. Or better give us both. So Hunters will have something to do while there is no contract up.

TheOxMan

Apr 11, 2022
As far as I discovered the "Bounty System" right now is nothing more then an NPC quest to kill a another player with high murder count.
There is no Bounty on any Head. No getting infamous for high Bounty or any vengeance system for victims of murder.
It just feels really random and disconnected from the players and world.

Why can't we make private Contracts from players on a Billboard. To just bring their Head. Players could earn really good money with that. Or contractors can also put resources up as the reward for the contract.
Contractors should be able to choose the right Bounty Hunter and vise versa. Let the two sides talk with each other so that both parties have to agree in order for the job to be done.
So you can build up a reputation as a trustable and reliable Hunter.

The Hunter then has a signed contract which he can bring with the head to the billboard to receive the reward.

It would be way better then what we have know. It would an awesome tool for a sandbox. Not a quest system like we have right now. Or better give us both. So Hunters will have something to do while there is no contract up.
I mean what you described is already in game to some extent. I could hire someone for gold to bring me someone’s head.

the random element is what makes the system interesting imo.

also now if you are killed you know that someone will be dispatched to get justice for your Murder.

what might be cool is if item retrieval was added to the contracts, meaning if a player kills you and takes your things a bounty hunter could get more rep/ better rewards if they can successfully return stolen items or money from the bandit that stole it.

obviously this wouldn’t happen every time because people will bank the items but it could be an extra bit of incentive for the bounty hunter to go the extra mile.

maybe the killer is wearing something they took from a player after killing them, the item could be brought to the contractor and would be mailed back to who it belonged to.

kind of like how the tarkov system is where you get items back if no one takes them

Ardanza

Dec 22, 2021
maybe the killer is wearing something they took from a player after killing them, the item could be brought to the contractor and would be mailed back to who it belonged to.

kind of like how the tarkov system is where you get items back if no one takes them

Bolded above, that's a great idea to improve on the existing system! (edit, bold didn't look right.)