Nerf Veela

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Edit:

^ I also think they need to majorly buff stam, but they need to change how it regens, change the way it works at low stam, and change it so that actions take more stam so that if you can keep forcing someone to act, you can bleed them out and keep them low on stam. That's one thing I've noticed in MO2 is being stammed isn't that big of a deal (esp as a veela w/ RP haha.) I mean, if you buff the bar and then start making it affect people's ability to NOT GET SPRINT BROKEN, ability to hit for max, etc etc... as they start getting v low... people should be able to squeak out on no stam if they make a good play, but in general I think sitting at 10-20% stam should be discouraged.

Exactly, right now there is no real downsides to having low stam or no stamina. Just stop for a second and its back.

SeaShadow

Jul 16, 2020
I don't think adjusting individual gifts and stats on circumstance will fix it though since changing one thing will just make another imbalance. SV will go in a circle forever like that. All they can do is use data somehow. But it should definitely go deeper than simply the number of players of each clade. This would treat alts as different players, though the alts might be created for max crafting only and not even the one they would use for pvp ideally.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
I'm of the opinion that the alvarin warcry clade needs to go, it needs to be something else because the 10% stacking speed buff is just not it.

I play a sheevra and I dont like it, maybe give the warcry something else. Momentum based damage increase on the next attack? Heck, i'd take a PVE de-aggro warcry over the speed buff, it just becomes too dominating in what dictates fights. And more than anything its the single biggest thing that makes other races less valuable. Generally being a little bit faster than everyone else is strong, but being able to make everyone in a group faster than a different group when they dont have the same clade off cooldown is just bad.

it's simple enough: need to look at all % based buffs, need to look at all raw + buffs (like 10 st on da bow, 2kg armor wt etc.) Shouts and actives are not really MO style. Clade gifts might have seemed like a departure but, as I have spammed manytim, I felt clade would help separate FLAVOR and maybe allow people to build diff type of reach clade or excel at certain things. In a lot of ways, that's not what clade is haha.

@ last line, I also think once you look at MO balance in general, you will find a lot of 'is just bad' sort of things.

bbihah

Jul 10, 2020
it's simple enough: need to look at all % based buffs, need to look at all raw + buffs (like 10 st on da bow, 2kg armor wt etc.) Shouts and actives are not really MO style. Clade gifts might have seemed like a departure but, as I have spammed manytim, I felt clade would help separate FLAVOR and maybe allow people to build diff type of reach clade or excel at certain things. In a lot of ways, that's not what clade is haha.

@ last line, I also think once you look at MO balance in general, you will find a lot of 'is just bad' sort of things.
Having recently played chivalry 2. At least mo2 is not that poorly balanced and lacking of fun. Which actually surprised me.

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Alvarins are a hard counter to humans right now. Alvarins are better/faster mages and humans can't dps like Thursar and Oghmir. The answer may be buffing human clades specifically their warcry clade is basically worthless compared to other races. 10% magic resistence for 10 seconds, has to be timed perfect for almost no benefit unless stacked.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Alvarins are a hard counter to humans right now. Alvarins are better/faster mages and humans can't dps like Thursar and Oghmir. The answer may be buffing human clades specifically their warcry clade is basically worthless compared to other races. 10% magic resistence for 10 seconds, has to be timed perfect for almost no benefit unless stacked.

I hate that the warcrys are locked behind the shamanistic clade. While that is good it isnt great, I would rather have other options... the Engineer clade is also kind of meh.

Reactions: Najwalaylah

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Bump. I'm still waiting for that nerf Henrik.

Reroll tokens plz.

But for real there are just 'things' that make veela OP. I mean I went stout now cuz I realize having a long bow will help my solo foot travels a lot more fun. I still got PS cuz I was gonna respec sword to spear, but I left it to see.

Mainly, the bow gift is not right. Short bows are fine for veelas. The speed curve prol needs adjustment but it's good. I do find that I am getting tagged by mobs a lot more at stout, which I weird cuz side by side stout v lean is almost the same speed, but in movement, it seems a lot diff.

Basically, it's like OGH, you got POTS, you got tankiness, and you got the pipe. You should have ONE of those things. That's how I feel about Veela/elf. But if you build your char meta and hold a longbow + Ma + taming... I mean it's hard to see how that's not the best build in the game, at least as a solo.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Reroll tokens plz.

But for real there are just 'things' that make veela OP. I mean I went stout now cuz I realize having a long bow will help my solo foot travels a lot more fun. I still got PS cuz I was gonna respec sword to spear, but I left it to see.

Mainly, the bow gift is not right. Short bows are fine for veelas. The speed curve prol needs adjustment but it's good. I do find that I am getting tagged by mobs a lot more at stout, which I weird cuz side by side stout v lean is almost the same speed, but in movement, it seems a lot diff.

Basically, it's like OGH, you got POTS, you got tankiness, and you got the pipe. You should have ONE of those things. That's how I feel about Veela/elf. But if you build your char meta and hold a longbow + Ma + taming... I mean it's hard to see how that's not the best build in the game, at least as a solo.

Not to mention the Oghmire, isnt ichor supposed to be poison or toxic? Why is that either of them can use it without any real issues? Then they also get the tank clades on top of that. And the strength to use the strongest bows in the game without skill and still hit harder than characters with skill but not the stupid high strength.

Then you have the Alvarin which get dex which has a weak spot bonus, then they get a clade gift for weak spot chance. So basically never miss a weak spot with an alvarin.

Then you get have humans which suffer through lower attribute maxes, except for the races that have high attribute caps but dont have the attributes to use them. Khurite, Kallard, Sidoian.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Not to mention the Oghmire, isnt ichor supposed to be poison or toxic? Why is that either of them can use it without any real issues? Then they also get the tank clades on top of that. And the strength to use the strongest bows in the game without skill and still hit harder than characters with skill but not the stupid high strength.

Then you have the Alvarin which get dex which has a weak spot bonus, then they get a clade gift for weak spot chance. So basically never miss a weak spot with an alvarin.

Then you get have humans which suffer through lower attribute maxes, except for the races that have high attribute caps but dont have the attributes to use them. Khurite, Kallard, Sidoian.

Yeah, but I'd rather see human's buffed. Someone is a bit immature I think w/ the pipe skill idea but blessem. Humans NEED to be the OP townies to start and either excel at being different types of hybrid or excel at mounted.

I mean even tho Dwarves have higher int, per se, and Sheevs aren't stupid, it's kind of assumed (at least imo?) that the humans are the race that owns everything. I mean, so who is really the smartest? They need a way to express that in the game. They could do that even with current attributes, but some of them are laughably bad, like why is sardu 100 dex, that always roasted my shit. Sardu should be like right behind khur, and it is... but the way caps work, it ends up dog shit. Khur should be considerably faster and a Sarduccan mage should be able to kite a Thur or Ogh melee pretty easy, or a Kallard for that matter.

Edit: cuz my cook got to be my first char, 18 year old Sarduccan, as non meta as possible. Other than like age 80 one of the worst spreads lol. I've always wondered what the point of them was, it's almost like they made a whole continent OF THEIRS and they still sucked. I mean I wasn't gonna roll off cook, but I already knew w/ sub 100 str and mediocre dex I wasn't gonna be doing anything, even if I was more heat resistant.

And if they wanna add in clades that buff heat/cold/hunger regen w/e... they need to make those systems affect people more. There should be a temp system. Why can't it be hot in desert, cold on mountains, 2 hard? lol.

Reactions: Hodo

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
Guys chill, the game is just balanced by whatever idea comes to mind and implementing it. No testing or anything, don't expect shit. You're not gonna get a gourmet pizza from dominoes. Except this dominoes has rat poop everywhere.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
Guys chill, the game is just balanced by whatever idea comes to mind and implementing it. No testing or anything, don't expect shit. You're not gonna get a gourmet pizza from dominoes. Except this dominoes has rat poop everywhere.

I was tryin' to tellya the combat is shit. Like I said to me it's shit enough that it's not even fun to practice. There are areas that are OK tho and it COULD BE FIXED. It'll never be balanced. I mean some of the best MO eras I was a part of had much OP shit, but it can at least be GOOD lol.

The game is just extra extra basic, and that's what most people who defend it say. That's true, but it's got some BASIC problems, too, that could be corrected. As everyone has said, this foundation is not correct and now is the time to correct it! MO2 doesn't have to be dogshit.

It's just problematic to me when Henrik is like fuk da forums. lol. I mean this is the same site you buy the game on, right, and it's tied to your acct. I mean if it's really a battle of wills, then yea quitting will be the ultimate outcome once sub comes along, en masse, even more than already... but what I don't understand is why THE VISION changed so much and while it was bad before, it's like THE REFORMATION vision was way way worse.

I don't care if this game is niche. I want stuff to do. Everyone does. It's not providing, WACK. Necro soon tho.

be like by the time necro comes out SV is gonna need it aahhh.. :eek:

Teknique

Jun 15, 2020
I was tryin' to tellya the combat is shit. Like I said to me it's shit enough that it's not even fun to practice. There are areas that are OK tho and it COULD BE FIXED. It'll never be balanced. I mean some of the best MO eras I was a part of had much OP shit, but it can at least be GOOD lol.

The game is just extra extra basic, and that's what most people who defend it say. That's true, but it's got some BASIC problems, too, that could be corrected. As everyone has said, this foundation is not correct and now is the time to correct it! MO2 doesn't have to be dogshit.

It's just problematic to me when Henrik is like fuk da forums. lol. I mean this is the same site you buy the game on, right, and it's tied to your acct. I mean if it's really a battle of wills, then yea quitting will be the ultimate outcome once sub comes along, en masse, even more than already... but what I don't understand is why THE VISION changed so much and while it was bad before, it's like THE REFORMATION vision was way way worse.

I don't care if this game is niche. I want stuff to do. Everyone does. It's not providing, WACK. Necro soon tho.

be like by the time necro comes out SV is gonna need it aahhh.. :eek:
The only part of combat that is good are the 1v1s. And that is just an extremely bad version of chivalry with hella lag. This is not an MMORPG because none of your materials matter, none of the classes matter because they're all nerfed, the group fights are awful, stupid ass houses everywhere.

My opinion on the combat hasn't actually changed. I've been thinking its trash since alpha and the movement speed changes and turn cap.

Albanjo Dravae

Dec 20, 2021
Uhmm nerf its a strong word, and veela aint the only problem. The lack of min-max builds is a general problem. All races are somewhat broken, a bunch of clades are super placeholder and others OP. So it's part of the overall clade remake and stats balance.
Veelas are on the spotlight cuz meta builds max speed but theres several other problematics.

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
The only part of combat that is good are the 1v1s. And that is just an extremely bad version of chivalry with hella lag. This is not an MMORPG because none of your materials matter, none of the classes matter because they're all nerfed, the group fights are awful, stupid ass houses everywhere.

My opinion on the combat hasn't actually changed. I've been thinking its trash since alpha and the movement speed changes and turn cap.

yea I didn't get to get on anything that early. tbh I thought alpha was gonna be almost a joke gam they put together to trick people. lol. I was surprised when they actually came up w/ something working, lol like first hour or so on launch day I was like :eek:!!

Grudge Bringer

May 28, 2020
Alvarin griefers single handedly drive off the graveyard noob, PvE and roleplayers because those players have 0 chance to escape.
At least if a Oghmir or Thursar starts greifing, you have a chance to run off, and they have to commit instead of Alvarins who ninja jump, turbo boost into the distance as soon as they face some sort of resistance

Xronim

Aug 13, 2020
both clade gifts and the stat caps of each race are easily the biggest problems with the racial balance right now, I used to be a thurkhur in old mo1 because everyone said it was meta until thinking about the speed of a veela. afterwards the local fab campers outside were unable to run when most of my friends became alvarin since they were still thursars and they took L after L trying to run from us lmao.

dont get me wrong, oghmir is op af still but they can struggle in places with alot of terrain compared to alv, hell the only bad set of gifts is humans and some of thursars negative passives.

I dont see myself hitting for much less than oghs playing an alv in mo2, and the bow gifts even let sheevras use a somewhat decent longbow that is the same as a pure khurites with the +2 str gift. the only thing that could be done is just to rework the entire race stat and gift system to make it more evened out.

ElPerro

Jun 9, 2020
If veela are so op and speed is king, why do more ppl use oghmirs?

D

Deleted member 44

If veela are so op and speed is king, why do more ppl use oghmirs?
Do more people use Oghmir? You have the internal data on the active player base and race makeup from SV? I really doubt you do, but I'll tell you this much, Oghmirs are better in zerg fighting.