nerf bow damage vs horses and add scribing book to libraries

firedrop

Feb 2, 2022
I guess I'll just reinstall the game in another year and see if scribing book and bow damage vs horses ever gets changed.

It's not even possible to play dominator mage solo PvE without greater heal. A level 50 brown bear will just get shit on by a veteran bandit without greater heal.

You can take a 10 silver bow on a naked character into graveyards and just gank horses with no penalties.

Are you kidding me?

And no, I'm not going to farm 100 gold to buy some book that should be sold in a library for 2 gold. Better yet, just take the crap mechanic "scribing" out of the game. It's nothing but a useless time and gold sink which mages need to even be able to play their class.

it makes me pissed off because i genuinely like the game but there's no way I can bring myself to invest time into this game in its current state

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Bicorps

Jatix

Sep 30, 2020
And scribing shouldnt even be a primary. Or a skill really. People continually need new armor, weapons, bows. These skills deserve to be primaries. A mage just needs to get their spellbook once, and add spells to it when new ones come out. Is a dumb skill that adds nothing to gameplay.

They could have not copy pasted their bad system over from MO1 and mage mage spellbooks like the rest of this games gear, and have dur and drop, to make mages actually risk like everyone else. And the scribing could have been a real skill. But they chose not to, so no reason to make scribing a skill.

firedrop

Feb 2, 2022
They dont really need it tho. I gave up on scribing at 25 but still have all spells.
I agree that bows do too much damage tho
yeah but then you're not actually solo at that point, and you're risking someone stealing your spellbook

Myta

Feb 25, 2022
solo is not the same as 100% self sufficient.
I really dont see a problem with scribing. Ok so mage has a higher initial investment than other classes to get access to all abilities, but its really not a problem at all, the cost for just buying a spellbook or paying a scribe is not that high. And its really only an initial investment, you dont loose the book, you need to do that exactly once.

Also greater heal is not really more hps than lesser heal... cast time is longer.

But I can agree on bows being too good against horses....

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
I guess I'll just reinstall the game in another year and see if scribing book and bow damage vs horses ever gets changed.

It's not even possible to play dominator mage solo PvE without greater heal. A level 50 brown bear will just get shit on by a veteran bandit without greater heal.

You can take a 10 silver bow on a naked character into graveyards and just gank horses with no penalties.

Are you kidding me?

And no, I'm not going to farm 100 gold to buy some book that should be sold in a library for 2 gold. Better yet, just take the crap mechanic "scribing" out of the game. It's nothing but a useless time and gold sink which mages need to even be able to play their class.

it makes me pissed off because i genuinely like the game but there's no way I can bring myself to invest time into this game in its current state

Bows dont do to much damage. It is there is no repercussions for doing the things you listed. I had a dom/mage and it is the cheapest "class" to play once your skilling is done. You dont need to take out more than 1-2 gold worth of gear ever. My Sheevra I would roll around with at most 50 cuprum, 100 water, 75 cal, 75 sulfur, 75 nitre, 40 rock oil, 40 ichor. With that I can cast 100 greater heals, or 100 lightnings, or 80 thunderlash. I could clear a bandit camp solo, with a Campadon, and not even a max level Campadon. That is with the broken pet pathing and brain dead AI that would stare at the target.

The issue is as a Dominator you really cant take a mount and a pet and the only pets that can keep up with you on a mount are pretty meh.

firedrop

Feb 2, 2022
Bows dont do to much damage. It is there is no repercussions for doing the things you listed. I had a dom/mage and it is the cheapest "class" to play once your skilling is done. You dont need to take out more than 1-2 gold worth of gear ever. My Sheevra I would roll around with at most 50 cuprum, 100 water, 75 cal, 75 sulfur, 75 nitre, 40 rock oil, 40 ichor. With that I can cast 100 greater heals, or 100 lightnings, or 80 thunderlash. I could clear a bandit camp solo, with a Campadon, and not even a max level Campadon. That is with the broken pet pathing and brain dead AI that would stare at the target.

The issue is as a Dominator you really cant take a mount and a pet and the only pets that can keep up with you on a mount are pretty meh.
yeah and if your pet is ganked then that's not really "the cheapest" option because it takes many many hours to capture a pet from a faraway land and then level it up.. not to mention your carry capacity with a campadon is laughable, you can probably carry 12 bandit heads and then you have to run back to town

plus you probably spend like 5 gold on Dile per trip

not only are brown bears not really able to kill veteran bandits, but their bags break after theyre attacked for 3 minutes.. dominator just isn't worth playing at the moment, not when you could just play a man-at-arms and left click a mob for 70 damage every second while having the best armor on

Reactions: fuatX

Tzone

May 16, 2021
Horses needed a higher HP pool not that arrows need less damage. SV prob scared to buff horses with how annoying mounted is to fight against.
Horse armor is also lacking.

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
yeah and if your pet is ganked then that's not really "the cheapest" option because it takes many many hours to capture a pet from a faraway land and then level it up.. not to mention your carry capacity with a campadon is laughable, you can probably carry 12 bandit heads and then you have to run back to town

plus you probably spend like 5 gold on Dile per trip

not only are brown bears not really able to kill veteran bandits, but their bags break after theyre attacked for 3 minutes.. dominator just isn't worth playing at the moment, not when you could just play a man-at-arms and left click a mob for 70 damage every second while having the best armor on

Like I said, having a higher level or tougher pets, like the Campadon, you really cant carry much. And cost isnt the issue.. gold cost is nothing, it is the time investment which is the worst. But the same can be said for mounts. It is just as long to train, more accurately stand around and wait, for a horse to reach level 100+

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
Horses needed a higher HP pool not that arrows need less damage. SV prob scared to buff horses with how annoying mounted is to fight against.

Horses dont need a much larger hit point pool a level 100 step horse has over 250hp. I would be good with a 10-20% buff in hit points though.

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
You put paper armor on your horse it gonna die like paper, you put some high quality horse Armor you can get like 80 Armor on horse Armor) which kinda makes arrow crap since the horses take like 10 dmg from hits. realy have to use magic or headshot bows and have a smal chance for weak point hit.

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
people need to stop thinking 20-30 defence horse armor is good ive seen 82 piercing protection horse armor

Hodo

Mar 7, 2022
You put paper armor on your horse it gonna die like paper, you put some high quality horse Armor you can get like 80 Armor on horse Armor) which kinda makes arrow crap since the horses take like 10 dmg from hits. realy have to use magic or headshot bows and have a smal chance for weak point hit.

Again.. this is one armor. There are 3 armor types for horses, light, medium and heavy. And if the heavy armor is the ONLY choice then why bother with anything else? This is the issue I have with it.

I would like to see a few more options for viable armor other than the heaviest steel horse armor.

fuatX

Feb 5, 2022
Bakti- Morin Khur- Fabernum
They have to nerf mounted archers
They have to buff pets
They have to buff pets leveling speed
They have to nerf mount hp's

Heavy armour as a MA is bullsh*t

Pets is most fun and a lot potentiel for bring new people with good Ads.

Their selling tactic is bullsh*t

Tzone

May 16, 2021
people need to stop thinking 20-30 defence horse armor is good ive seen 82 piercing protection horse armor
Horses dont need a much larger hit point pool a level 100 step horse has over 250hp. I would be good with a 10-20% buff in hit points though.
Main reasoning to increase horse HP pool is that even if you provide good armor magic will delete horses in 3-3.5 spells. As a foot mage I can fulm into a flame strike into a Tlash to kill most horses and almost kill the 125s. And then finish off a lot of 125s with a outburst.

If you have mental projection then it is way easier. And MP will skip mercy mode when you kill the horses making most horses killed by the third spell.

Outburst as we talk about it do 40-45 damage at just under name render range on horses when you have horse lore. That is 7-8 of the weakest spell to kill a 125 at a decent range. At 2.2s per cast you can kill a horse in under 17 seconds. A fulm followed by a outburst is a alpha damage of around 120-130 hp.

This is all based on 125s being 300 when most of the time its around 280, So thats 20 points of HP against my argument.
You mention horses having 250 HP as being alot but with horse lore you get about 30-40% increase in damage against horses with the horse lore maxed. So thats 178-192 effective HP if you compare it to a player, while horses have much worse armor and can not move unpredictably like a player can. Moving unpredictably is the main way to defeat arrows in MO2 and mounts cant do this.

Horses die far too fast in combat to the point you treat them as disposable. So something needs to be done about them being so squishy but you have the issue of fighting mounted as foot is super annoying. MAs are pretty alpha in the meta but fighthing foot players as MA is challenging or improbable due to long bows and that its really hard to hit foot targets if they now that they need to move back and forth.

Veeshan

Jan 29, 2022
Main reasoning to increase horse HP pool is that even if you provide good armor magic will delete horses in 3-3.5 spells. As a foot mage I can fulm into a flame strike into a Tlash to kill most horses and almost kill the 125s. And then finish off a lot of 125s with a outburst.

If you have mental projection then it is way easier. And MP will skip mercy mode when you kill the horses making most horses killed by the third spell.

Outburst as we talk about it do 40-45 damage at just under name render range on horses when you have horse lore. That is 7-8 of the weakest spell to kill a 125 at a decent range. At 2.2s per cast you can kill a horse in under 17 seconds. A fulm followed by a outburst is a alpha damage of around 120-130 hp.

This is all based on 125s being 300 when most of the time its around 280, So thats 20 points of HP against my argument.
You mention horses having 250 HP as being alot but with horse lore you get about 30-40% increase in damage against horses with the horse lore maxed. So thats 178-192 effective HP if you compare it to a player, while horses have much worse armor and can not move unpredictably like a player can. Moving unpredictably is the main way to defeat arrows in MO2 and mounts cant do this.

Horses die far too fast in combat to the point you treat them as disposable. So something needs to be done about them being so squishy but you have the issue of fighting mounted as foot is super annoying. MAs are pretty alpha in the meta but fighthing foot players as MA is challenging or improbable due to long bows and that its really hard to hit foot targets if they now that they need to move back and forth.
effective horse HP 178-192 ok thats more health that my character which is 165 hp so i die as fast as the horse when it comes to magic if not faster, if you run a horse close enough to a mage to cast on you thats ur fault though too

Reactions: Hodo

Thor76

Jan 22, 2022
They have to nerf mounted archers
They have to buff pets
They have to buff pets leveling speed
They have to nerf mount hp's

Heavy armour as a MA is bullsh*t

Pets is most fun and a lot potentiel for bring new people with good Ads.

Their selling tactic is bullsh*t
They already nerfed MA during release Asym bow i worthlesS MA’s you sound like the kid who refuses to use a longbow but has 200 free skill points left from his footie build

Emdash

Sep 22, 2021
They just need to fix the zoo dmg v horses. That's almost bug level. Zoo dmg should not apply to pets or anything. That being said, they need to get MC back in the mix. I'm almost ready to start going around and trollin' people w/ MC but I'm gonna take some epic losses. It'll be good content, tho. Not lance stuff; I mean like real MC. Gonna get obliterated by bows watch.

Rhias

May 28, 2020
Even a Tungsteel horse armor has < 60 piercing defense. Just saying.